What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought we'd rate a mention give how much we belted the Crows after everyone has been losing their minds over how good they've been this year.

I'll admit I flicked through it but pretty sure our game didn't even get a mention.

I don't know why I bother at this point.

Would have thought we'd rate a mention give how much we belted the Crows after everyone has been losing their minds over how good they've been this year.

I'll admit I flicked through it but pretty sure our game didn't even get a mention.

I didn't listen to the episode but I received a notification that Barrett had high praise for us.

Nope, no mention. Only mentioned us when discussing Clayton Oliver's throwing. Kane Cornes on his segment with Buckley has us in the same tier as Collingwood, Brissy, Dees and Port. Genuine flag contender.

Luke hodge just spent the whole of the "let's talk about the doggies" segment on 3aw telling us why no one is talking about them. In a nutshell, there's too many other good teams around and if the dogs continue to play good footy, the media will start talking about them. WTF?!?! We've just won 6 games in a row!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Luke hodge just spent the whole of the "let's talk about the doggies" segment on 3aw telling us why no one is talking about them. In a nutshell, there's too many other good teams around and if the dogs continue to play good footy, the media will start talking about them. WTF?!?! We've just won 6 games in a row!!! 🤣🤣🤣
That's alright, SEN put an article up that has these two snippets in the same article:

1684745169429.png

1684745187077.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Media" = mass communication. With an implication of journalistic skill and factual content.
"AFL media" = something completely different.
Tbf, MSM in general devoid of skill and often facts as well.

Summary of on the couch tonight

15 minutes of repeating the same thing that was said about blues and Voss last week.
"Gee do you think Essendon could win the flag Bucks?"
Zac Butters is good
North made some sort of interchange apparently
Fan fiction of Adam Simpsons future
"Did your hear there was a Hawthorn investigation Browny?"
Nathan Broad looking more depressed than Morrissey
BREAKING NEWS! They're talking about us? No, Hardwicks leaving.

Last edited:
"Media" = Generally people who have at a minimum studied for a degree in journalism.

"AFL media" = In descending order.

Children of people who have studied for a degree in journalism.

Children with a school connection to those other children.

People who cannot find gainful employment placing stickers on apples.

Inanimate objects.

Ex footballers.
EFA.

All that Lite n Easy has gone to Hodgey's brain. I'd be disgusted if I were a Hawks fan and how he gets on his knees for anything Brisbane related. He played 39 games for them the mercenary, not 239.

Our recent success has merited quite a number of mentions lately that I've seen - not talking about us directly of course, but talking about how Port beat us and so that is evidence that they are very good. lol. (To be clear I CGAF if they mention us. I like moving under the radar. But it is funny.)

I think when a big club like Collingwood is playing such good football and is top of the ladder, then the news stories generated will be about them.

Hilarious all the talk about the Bombers win, you could almost say it is condescending, considering how bad Richmond is going.

St Kilda are still up there although they struggled to get over GWS even with two GWS players injured earlier in the game.

Geelong, if it was any other team, would be written off by now. All the talk about them coming good when they get players back, so an ageing Danger, Duncan will save them. They have Stewart and 2E playing as defenders, who have really fallen away.

Melbourne losing Oliver might bite as they got over GC just, and struggled to put other teams away including Port. Most years we play them twice and return serve the second time.

We need to sort out our forward line, it is not functioning properly, bombing it in instead of picking out a target, forwards spoiling each other, and the inaccuracy, it’s frustrating because we need to start putting some big scores on the board. If we get this sorted out, I think we are in with a shot, because we know how Bevo revs them up for finals.

So stay under the radar, we are a nuclear sub, looking dangerous.

We have been solid since round 2 but let's be honest not dominant enough to merit a top 4 position. 5 in a row against teams we shouldve beaten convincingly with offensive side of our game still not functioning well is good but not great. We are rated exactly where we should be. Push this streak to GC, Geelong, Port pre bye and we can start talking contenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back