What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

The valves are probably shot. Hook it up. Hit the side of the cabinet and it should be fine.

Im a TV/Radio repair man.

Thats why I can waste so much time on Bigfooty.

Ok thanks for the expert advice, I thought it might have been the wire coat hanger causing the problem.
[/QUOTE]

A common mistake made by householders.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've heard any of our players mention Spangher or Webb. Plenty have mentioned Smith, and Lade is also well recognised throughout AFL circles.
Naughton has mentioned Spangher a couple of times. Can't recall what he exactly said just something along the lines of how much work the forwards had been putting in with him. May have been during pre season.

Hannan is a no, but Buku really does require some questioning, his probably been in our best form out of all our VFL players
Rightly or wrongly I think it was for the surprise factor.

Saturday night was such a tactical game and the ace up our sleeve was moving Lobb to play as a defensive winger.

If we named Buku as an obvious tall forward replacement for Lobb it would have telegraphed our intentions.

Although Buku would likely have offered more, Lobb did great, we caught them on the hop and JOD has a games experience under his belt so net result has to be a tick for Bevo.

No doubt Buku's next chance can't be far away though.

The standard "isn't currently in the senior side so will just leave"

That's a pretty sooky attitude. I'd back Buku to be better than that. He will get his turn
That's way too harsh. These young guys get 1 shot at a career that can set them up for life.

Lipinski, Young, Cordy etc were offered modest contracts by us, but longer contracts with more opportunity by others.

Can not blame them for taking the latter.

That's way too harsh. These young guys get 1 shot at a career that can set them up for life.

Lipinski, Young, Cordy etc were offered modest contracts by us, but longer contracts with more opportunity by others.

Can not blame them for taking the latter.
We offered Cordy 2 years, he got 3. Purely left for money and was gutted to go. All the best to him. Lipinski last year played at his 2019 level, he didn't make some massive leap, he'll struggle to break back into the Pies team at this rate. Lewis Young has been done to death, yes he should have been played as a key defender and given a more consistent go but again his form for Carlton has been overblown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy didn’t have a role in the side with Jones and Lobb coming in and Bruce returning from injury. He’s also not particularly good. Can’t blame him for taking another offer that involved more security and seemingly less barriers to AFL games.
100%, the extra year would have sealed the deal though. He likely gets nowhere near the Saints round 1 without their ridiculous injury list.

The only player we kinda miss is Dunkley but hopefully his absence has made our other kids more accountable, I don't miss Dunkley anyway , I like our shiny new draft pick coming this year better

Losing Dunkley has kind of fixed the sides balance in a way. Bont/Treloar/Libba playing more midfield minutes is a good thing

The only player we kinda miss is Dunkley but hopefully his absence has made our other kids more accountable, I don't miss Dunkley anyway , I like our shiny new draft pick coming this year better
As good a player as he is and I think its silly to suggest he is otherwise.

We desperately needed to re-gig our starting midfield rotation and his decision allowed us to do this.

I think it could be argued that with Dunkley's departure and given how we have used Macrae this season, that there has been a quiet revolution taking place.

Beveridge seems to be much more willing to rotate players other than what we saw in past seasons with he monolithic constants of The Bont, Libba, Macrae and Dunkley in there. As good as they are as individual players they weren't the most dynamic group once the ball left their immediate area. A flaw that Melbourne exploited ruthlessly in a game that for some reason I have trouble recalling exactly when it was.

Last edited:
I kind of get the feeling we were catering a bit to Dunkley desires to the detriment of some of the other players at times in an effort to keep him. Nothing concrete, just a feeling.

Treloars recruitment was the one that made us a little unbalanced. He's best used at centre bounce and we couldn't really get him in there with all our other midfielders in the team not really suited to a wing.

Treloars recruitment was the one that made us a little unbalanced. He's best used at centre bounce and we couldn't really get him in there with all our other midfielders in the team not really suited to a wing.
He found his bromance buddy when he arrived at VUWO. It took the departure of that same buddy to get us back to some sort of balance.

Footy can be so cruel.:'(

347382390_259313800004356_3570629540626713701_n.jpg

I wasn’t aware we were stuck with some of Hunter’s salary 😩
Just read on AFL article about buying picks and it mentioned we were.
It wouldn't shock me to be honest. The club was desperate to get rid of him. He's on at least $600k a year so Demons would've had a bit of trouble absorbing that entire amount.

Remove this Banner Ad

What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back