What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ant22 said:
Its pretty obvious that was a typo Warren(aka Angry) due to me being very lazy, I never read back over my posts. Although I am the first to admit my grammar isn't always up to scratch, but hey either was kerry packers and he did ok. I can assure you I am not the dumb poor buck you think I am.

No problem with you supporting your team , I still stand by the fact that it is dumb to call a side that has only lost 2 games and is on top of the ladder frontrunners, or can't I have an opinion on this, are you the only one entitled to an opinion MR ANGRY.

For what is worth I am not out to knock the Flat but I do find it funny that people who have had no success can come out and bag the crap out of a very successful side. Its called the tall poppy syndrome.

Anyway Warren keep smiling and let me know if you need those pills

Great post - when you have won the last 3 wooden spoons you need to try to drag the successful teams down to make life worth living.

Warren said:
don't kiss anyone's(expect perhaps my wifes) arse.

I do like the way you think in the house though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep at it ant, good arguement. Rnd 2 another day. Thanks for the tips about the pills, going to Flat surgery tonight!

No worries, killed 30 minutes or so of my boring arvo.

I am a Kangaroo Flat supporter and after reading the last couple of pages of messages I must say that I am ashamed and please do not think Warren represents the thoughts of all Roo supporters! :thumbsu:

caveman said:
I am a Kangaroo Flat supporter and after reading the last couple of pages of messages I must say that I am ashamed and please do not think Warren represents the thoughts of all Roo supporters! :thumbsu:

I'd like to know who you are mate, you obviously prefer to kiss ass than stand up for your team.

Weak. You are a weak individual.

Ha ha,

It doesn't take much for the Gisborne boys to have a cry does it.... my god! Kings army and old Ant get very upset with a bit of banter don't they...

Get stuck into em Wazza!

Truth Hurts said:
Ha ha,

It doesn't take much for the Gisborne boys to have a cry does it.... my god! Kings army and old Ant get very upset with a bit of banter don't they...

Get stuck into em Wazza!

Obviously you miss reading the posts TH - firstly Ant does not support Gisborne and like our powerful team we love to be challenged. The only tears you will see from us is when we go from 3 out of 4 to 4 out of 5! Tears of JOY!!

Warren said:
I'd like to know who you are mate, you obviously prefer to kiss ass than stand up for your team.

It might be tough to find out who he is Warren - thats because 99% of the Flat supports would cringe at having a spoon head supporter like you at the club. Weak is not admitting your a 40 year old f uckwit with no life and no idea about footy.

Kings Army said:
Obviously you miss reading the posts TH - firstly Ant does not support Gisborne and like our powerful team we love to be challenged. The only tears you will see from us is when we go from 3 out of 4 to 4 out of 5! Tears of JOY!!

I'll remember that.

Warren, just wondering mate, how all of a sudden the flat are going to become contenders next year.

If you're going to come out and make the big statements, at least give some substance to them or something to back them up!

I've heard each year for the past 2-3 years that "we'll be alright next year" or "we'll pick up x amount of players and challenge for the finals next year" yet they have finished bottom 3 years in a row.

I'm not bagging them mate, don't get me wrong, but I just can't see how it's going to happen Warren, they have too much improving to do to be able to "make it happen" in one year!

Truth Hurts said:
Ha ha,

Get stuck into em Wazza!

Now truth hurts not too sure what drugs you are on but have a good read over my posts again and you will see I did not get to upset at all(let alone very upset) . It was a bit of banter and I enjoyed it(as you may have noticed by the way the debate ended). My main objection was the use of the word frontrunner which often gets used when sides are dominating a comp. I find it a silly term which makes very little sense. I think it is actually a word coaches invented so when there side comes up against a superior side the can sometimes get inside their head and help there players believe they are half a chance.

Being a public forum I thought I would challange the comments made by wazza(because thats what forums are for) and to be honest I knew(by wazza's passionate posts earlier)that I would get a bite . It was a bit of fun and games which we both enjoyed.

You may have also read that i only have passing interest in Gisborne as I now live in the town and have a few friends and family playing for the club . I guess it is now my local side but believe me I don't go to bed losing any sleep if they win lose or draw.

Having said that there does seem to be a certain amount of jealousy towards Gisborne. Not being a local perhaps you could explain to me where that comes from??

PS . Im not upset TH just interested to know what all the fuss is about

Warren said:

Stand up for my team! You are a joke! I have been on here numerous times before talking about the Mighty Rooers!

Unlike you I do respect the other teams and good for you that you make a statement about finals next year but you must know more than all of us as so far all you have stated is that we have a core of good youngters coming through! I am happy with our youngsters but a lot more needs to happen if we are to even challenge for finals.

My reports are that we are going to lose even more players at the end of the year (which we cant afford to).

SO yeah if this is what you class as being weak then yes mate I am!

Wazza I hope you are right that we make finals next year! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caveman thats just wot billie birmingham is saying
flat supporters going on about how they r going to make the finals 'next year' they r not going to make the finals next year or in 2008 and maybe not in 2009 theres a hell of a lot of team building to do milly milward pulled the pin june 30th big browndog is logging off end of august who knows if cam milward will join his bro in kerang for 07 theres too many what ifs and maybe we can do this fact is the roos will be towards the bottom of the ladder for a fair while

Hi all. New to this thread, so I thought I would ask some questions.Ive followed football in Bendigo for years and Ive never seen a team dominate the BFL like Gis do. Barham is doing a fantastic job, and all the players respond to him................Lets hope he stays for 1 more year at the Bulldogs. There club is without doubt the most professional club in the BFL, both on field and off field. One one improvement the club could make and that is to get rid of PT out of the club, no tears will be shead in the BFL if they get rid of that fool. Strong rumours in Bendigo that the coach cant stand him and wants him out. Maybe some Gis people may shead some light on this???????????? And K/F people, please....u r destined to be wooden spooners for years to come. If ur so sure of beating the Bulldogs why dont u put up some money (trip away fund), Im sure the Bulldogs will be happy for u to donate.

fifth quarter said:
caveman thats just wot billie birmingham is saying
flat supporters going on about how they r going to make the finals 'next year' they r not going to make the finals next year or in 2008 and maybe not in 2009 theres a hell of a lot of team building to do milly milward pulled the pin june 30th big browndog is logging off end of august who knows if cam milward will join his bro in kerang for 07 theres too many what ifs and maybe we can do this fact is the roos will be towards the bottom of the ladder for a fair while

Now before anyone jumps on me again, have a think of this, just sit back and think before you reply to the post.

In my experience with clubs, losing some players can be the best thing for the club. Not the right characters to have around the club. Always bagging someone, the committee or coaches etc. Now don't get me wrong, Milly is a champion, was the captain but losing some means we might be able to get a new coach (hopefully a good one with a good network) doesn't necessarily have to be a good player but must have a good network.

Thoughts?

Warren said:
Now before anyone jumps on me again, have a think of this, just sit back and think before you reply to the post.

In my experience with clubs, losing some players can be the best thing for the club. Not the right characters to have around the club. Always bagging someone, the committee or coaches etc. Now don't get me wrong, Milly is a champion, was the captain but losing some means we might be able to get a new coach (hopefully a good one with a good network) doesn't necessarily have to be a good player but must have a good network.

Thoughts?

Good work Warren thats a constructive post. New blood players or admin always adds to a club. Aaron Hawkins could be a good choice to try and lure as the new coach.

RUBBER NECK said:
Hi all. New to this thread, so I thought I would ask some questions.Ive followed football in Bendigo for years and Ive never seen a team dominate the BFL like Gis do. Barham is doing a fantastic job, and all the players respond to him................Lets hope he stays for 1 more year at the Bulldogs. There club is without doubt the most professional club in the BFL, both on field and off field. One one improvement the club could make and that is to get rid of PT out of the club, no tears will be shead in the BFL if they get rid of that fool. Strong rumours in Bendigo that the coach cant stand him and wants him out. Maybe some Gis people may shead some light on this???????????? And K/F people, please....u r destined to be wooden spooners for years to come. If ur so sure of beating the Bulldogs why dont u put up some money (trip away fund), Im sure the Bulldogs will be happy for u to donate.

Rubber Neck, i don't like what you say but what i can say something positive. It seems like you are like me and have been to the Windee and understand the abundance of talent that surrounds the greatest pub in Bendigo. The ladies in there are exceptional and you do need a RUBBER NECK. Go the roos and the Windee!! Just got home from there, great feed and nice drop!

Warren said:

Thoughts?
Warren , i think you may have shown on your past posts , that you know very little about the game , so i think you may struggle to get many responses . also warren if you think you know me come and have a chat in the flesh with me at Gisborne in a couple of weeks time , i look forward to catching up.

RUBBER NECK said:
Just wondering which club do you follow ?

The Talking Goat said:
can eaglehawk win the flag? if so why, if not, why?

Eaglehawk cannot win the flag. Be surprised if they end up 4th if they make it past the Elimination.

Quite simple/Small ground suits Eaglehawk.
QEO does not suit Eaglehawk at all and come finals when the intensity lifts and the weather may be a bit hotter they will hurt to keep up.

Filo, Heath, Wilson, StClair,Lobb,Eyles,Burchell all slow with 4 of those blokes over the age of 33.

They only have 3 real ball carrying winners, Rogerson,O'Reily & Pedrotti. Can also throw in Robins but jury is still out on whether he will be up to it in big games. He may be tagged out of it.

I just think Eaglehawk have had their chances the last couple of years and look alot like Castlemaine last year. Top heavy . We all know what happened to them.Out in straight sets.

Just my opinion . Eaglehawk do have one thing in their favour.Finals Experience.

bearsboy said:
Warren , i think you may have shown on your past posts , that you know very little about the game , so i think you may struggle to get many responses . also warren if you think you know me come and have a chat in the flesh with me at Gisborne in a couple of weeks time , i look forward to catching up.

I would love to meet you face to face big mouth, i truly would!

Warren said:

Thoughts?

I completely agree with that mate! Just hope the Flat finds someone that meets that criteria! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back