Preview Where will the crows finish in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a good list, and Walsh knows this. With momentum and no injuries we could be top 4, but I'm predicting us to finish around 8th-9th. The difference is we will be satisfied with the development of our younger players and it will be clear to all we are building..

If we can finally grind out games where we havent played well but still grab the 6 points ala 97 "stickability" then 4 to 6th.. If not then we will continue to wallow with the rest of the bunch 8 to 12th. Winning games, especially in Melbourne when we've played below par seem to be light years ago. This discrepency cannot be underestimated.

If we can finally grind out games where we havent played well but still grab the 6 points ala 97 "stickability" then 4 to 6th.. If not then we will continue to wallow with the rest of the bunch 8 to 12th. Winning games, especially in Melbourne when we've played below par seem to be light years ago. This discrepency cannot be underestimated.

If we can grab 6 points for each win, we may finish top.

Purely on talent this team should have finished 6th/7th this year, otherwise Sanderson would still be in a job.

I expect a spike in improvement under the new coach but that's largely dependent on his ability to reorganize the defence and a few of the more talented youngsters on the fringes of the 22 continuing to develop as expected.

With that in mind, my tip is for us to finish 5th/6th with a minimum expectation of 8th.

I think Walsh will play a lot of the younger guys but we will still make finals barring a major injury crisis. 7th. Hartigan needs to stand up and I'm confident he will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our group is as coachable as Sando claimed then we should see some improvements early on. I reckon they will adapt to team defense reasonably well and we'll be a better defensive team for it. Mackay to have a big year gut running between the 50m arcs. Can finish 5-7th but more likely 7th-10th depending on injuries.

1- Port
2- Sydney
3- Hawthorn
4- North
5- Suns
6- Richmond
7- Fremantle
8- Adelaide

9- West Coast
10- Brisbane
11- Geelong
12- Essendon
13- Collingwood
14- Dogs
15- Carlton
16- Melbourne
17- GWS
18- St. Kilda

Somewhere between 6-12, depending on various factors.

There's only 4 teams that I'd say are definitely better than us - Hawks, Swans, Power and Fremantle. Geelong too, probably. I'm not convinced by the Kangas and it'll be interesting watching how their new additions settle in.

What does this mean? 6th.

(1) Hawks & Swans
(2) Port Freo Roos
(3) Cats Tiges Pies Eagles
(4) Bombers, Suns, Lions
(5) others

i reckon
a good run with injuries puts us in band (2) 3rd-6th
an average run with injuries 4th-8th
a poor run with injuries in band (3) 6th-9th

i see improvement on 2014's 10th placing.

Smokey improver (Demons)

7th with some luck. Walsh is not looking for quick fixes. He's seeking to fundamentally change key aspects of our play and culture. That could take time and sacrifices. E.g. a track flogging that leaves team flat for a game. A player getting suspended trying to learn how to be tougher without being stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Where will the crows finish in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back