• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy John

Senior List
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys,

I am interested to know which club Carlton supporters on BigFooty see as the Blues biggest rival.

I know a fair few Carlton supporters in real life, and it's a mix between Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond for who they see as the club's biggest rival.

Other big clubs such as Hawthorn and Geelong rarely get mentioned as rivals of Carlton, so I've added a poll with the 3 obvious choices.

Please only Carlton supporters voting on this poll as well.

Easy for mine.
Collingwood are our longest standing "traditional" rivals, going back to 1910. They are the other half of "The Rivalry".

Richmond are a poor man's Collingwood (oxymoron I know) and have been particularly dirty on us since we outgunned them in the shootout that was the 1972 GF. We apparently cheated (or something) and denied them what would have been the third of five premierships under Tommy Hafey. As it was they had to settle for four Hafey flags, beating us in '73 in particularly spiteful fashion.

Essendon* are our most bitter rivals, especially since the start of the Sheedy reign in the early '80s. Sheedy brought a lot of his Carlton hatred over from Tigerland and instilled it in his young Bombers* team - though the seed was already planted there.

Last edited:

Easy for mine.
Collingwood are our longest standing "traditional" rivals, going back to 1910. They are the other half of "The Rivalry".

Its pretty funny when you think about the fact they wouldnt even be in the league were it not for our generosity. Theres a great article on Blueseum about it...

But Collingwood for me also. Just dont feel anything regarding Essendon* any more, I have the same level of emotion for them as I do St Kilda or the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cheats who by a silly interpretation error have the same number of flags as we do – except they didn’t win them all in a GF

As soon as the black and white scum win another one, they’ll be top of the list!

It would have to be Collingwood, wouldnt it? The rivalry between the two has seen them do battle in many grand finals.. So yeah same with what the others have said Collingwood > Essendon > Richmond.

#1 Essendon* - When your club goes down the path of injecting drugs into their players and they beat our team as well as physically hurt some of our players.... then it is a no brainer.

#2 Collingwood - Although they are traditional rivals who have physically hurt some of our players with dog acts over the years at least they didn't take drugs to beat us or hurt us. They have also been kind to us in our grand final match ups:D, a close 2nd though.

#3 :confused: Who were the other mob again.....

Collingwood is the 'traditional' rival but to be honest that rivalry doesn't really get my engine running.

Essendon on the other hand, I despise with every fibre of my being.

Lol Richmond.

Biggest rivalry is with Collingwood. It has evolved to the point where the sledging is both fun and funny and almost friendly on some levels. It has been around forever and no amount of manufacturing by the media/clubs/AFL has come close to producing anything like it between any other two clubs.

There is nothing but contempt for EssADA*. They will be rendered irrelevent for a long time to come, which will not stop the delusion from their supporters that inspires an equal mixture of hate and pity for being so out of touch with the real world. It is much easier to hold onto ones sanity by refusing to engage with the weird fantasy that is an EssADA* fans reality.

Poor Ninthmond, trying but still struggling to find some relevence somewhere. Not even in the picture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which club is Carlton's biggest rival?

Back