Which club is Carlton's biggest rival?

Carlton's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This. They don't deserve the respect of rivalry. I wouldn't piss on James Hird's house if it caught fire.

Sydney are fast becoming our modern day rivals, with 2 recent finals clashes.

So no.

I hate Essendon* and beating them is my most valued win. Furthermore, if for some unbeknown reason they were thrown out of the competition and we were to never see them again, I for one would not shed a tear...

I'd be sad to see Collingwood or Richmond go though... I actually enjoy the rivalry we have with them.

So, has to be...

Essendon
Collingwood
Richmond

Collingwood are our biggest rivals. We have history that dates back to the early
Richmond are our second biggest rivals - we have history that goes back to the early 70s.
However I enjoy beating Essendon more than any other. They cheat, they lie, they take pride in hurting our players (Hanna and Carazzo come to mind) and their supporters...horrible losers and even worse winners (never humble)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy for mine.
Collingwood are our longest standing "traditional" rivals, going back to 1910. They are the other half of "The Rivalry".

Richmond are a poor man's Collingwood (oxymoron I know) and have been particularly dirty on us since we outgunned them in the shootout that was the 1972 GF. We apparently cheated (or something) and denied them what would have been the fourth of five premierships under Tommy Hafey. As it was they had to settle for four Hafey flags, beating us in '73 in particularly spiteful fashion.

Essendon* are our most bitter rivals, especially since the start of the Sheedy reign in the early '80s. Sheedy brought a lot of his Carlton hatred over from Tigerland and instilled it in his young Bombers* team - though the seed was already planted there.
This for me...

Filth, tuggers, scum

Historically Collingwood was our biggest rival. Now that Essendon have an equal number of premierships (but we have the superior overall win-loss ratio) they are our closest rival and therefore our biggest rival. The drug taking, injury to Hanna, injury to Carrazzo are useful to generate passion in the rivalry, nothing more.

Interestingly, I would suggest all 3 of those clubs would put us as their No 1 rival.
I think you have that right thy... Except that out of the three, I suspect that Collingwood supporters actually have a modicum of respect for us as their traditional rivals... The other two just hate us unconditionally.

Without a doubt!!........

Ourselves!.
At the moment!.
:oops:

Collingwood - the one true rivalry in the AFL/VFL. It still galls the filth that we basically started them in the VFL and they would not exist without us.

Essendon* and Richmond I would have nearly equal with each other.

I hate Essendon* ever since they got the Blues hater from Richmond to coach them in 1980. Essendon* also cheat but only Carlton actually cheats. Their supporters are just the pits cheering injured opponents and umpires and they live in denial.

I loathe Richmond and have since GF day 1973. They went the knuckle and got a flag. I hope that they are happy. I am gutted that they won other flags in 1974 and 1980.

Most despised/hated makes you want to vomit in your mouth just the thought of them :Essendope* just a filthy scumbag club!
Collingwood :feral supporters,always given a gift Fixture and looked after by the AFL. But just don't hate them like the Scum above.
Richmond: big rivals from the 70's but being so crap for 30 years actually don't mind the tigers winning except when they play us of course.

Sydney are fast becoming our modern day rivals, with 2 recent finals clashes.

Aside from the finals there is no real rivalry. If you wanted a purely modern rival then it has to be the West Coast Eagles. Many of the games have been classics, we've beaten them there, they've beaten us here, they won a rigged AFL Final against us, etc.

I believe that the true answer to this question depends on your age.

I'll suggest that the majority that are in the 40+ bracket would claim Collingwood to be our greatest rival. Most would have experienced arguably the greatest part of our rivalry with them.

I would also suggest that those younger than that would claim Essendon to be our greatest rival. We've had, arguably, the greatest part of our rivalry with them from early in the 1990's on to today.

Aside from the finals there is no real rivalry. If you wanted a purely modern rival then it has to be the West Coast Eagles. Many of the games have been classics, we've beaten them there, they've beaten us here, they won a rigged AFL Final against us, etc.

I believe that the true answer to this question depends on your age.

I'll suggest that the majority that are in the 40+ bracket would claim Collingwood to be our greatest rival. Most would have experienced arguably the greatest part of our rivalry with them.

I would also suggest that those younger than that would claim Essendon to be our greatest rival. We've had, arguably, the greatest part of our rivalry with them from early in the 1990's on to today.

Carlton v both WA teams tend to be rather heated games.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Which club is Carlton's biggest rival?

Back