• Duggan

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why GWS would pick McCartin or Wright. If the Boyd deal doesn't get done then they'll have Patton, Cameron, Boyd and McCarthy as tall forwards. Don't see why they need another key forward. Jaksch is already wanting out because of lack of opportunity in those key positions.

gws are morals to loose one or two of their gun talls next year. I expect them to take a tall first as insurance.

gws are morals to loose one or two of their gun talls next year. I expect them to take a tall first as insurance.

I think you may be right. I hadn't expected they'd look at a tall but with the Boyd/WB situation they may just look to hedge their bets and go another. May see Wright taken with one of their picks as he fits that power forward/ruck mould similar to Boyd.

I say IF we done rate Laverde and don't want a KPD (or keen of wright or McCartain if they slide) If we want true midfield types, (Inside)Bampton/Gore (outside)/Pickett/Gartlett if we could get a good pick swap we could get two decent midfield prospects. With Keefe, Brown, Frost, Reid, Moore capable of playing KPD unless the prospect is outstanding I don't see much point in a regulation Key Back being drafted. MCCartin or Wright may well slide which goes to show many are not that super impressed with the two. Lever is meant to be a rolled gold Key Back but I'm shy going another with injury issues. I like what of see of Laverde but he's more a x-factor damaging flanker. (I could be waaay wrong it's just my impression from the clips I've seen, I'm no expert and don't follow under age football.) I'd like a strong Bodied midfield type, and a quick outside type. Depends how Hine rates them. Do we want say Laverde /Lever/Wright and pick 48 or would be better getting 14/21, Bampton & ?

Ball, Beamns core midfielders out I'd like to get some core midfield types in. It's just a feel in but I would not like to be committed to drafting at the bottom of this draft.

Starting to think Weller, he would be a bolter at pick 5, but so was Pendlebury.

On Wright, i think GWS will grab him, but develop him into Mumfords successor as there future number 1 ruck.

Best available player imo, and I think that is how Hine operates

Agree.

If it's close say 51/49 in favor of Wright over Laverde, do we go with Wright knowing we already have Grundy and Witts on board or Laverde who may well suit our list requirements more so.

Watched his 4 minute highlights package. Not bad. Pity they ended with an out on the full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

189, skilful, looks to have good hands. I'd like laverde. But still very underwhelmed. Shame he missed the combine. Hopefully with the inclusion of varcoe he doesn't need the pace. He didn't seem to have it on videos I watched, but there's a lot more educated people than me to be a judge of that. Not sold on Garlett/Pickett which has been thrown up by a few posters.

Agree - I only saw his highlights, but I wasn't all that impressed with Laverde.

Would be happy to trade 5 for two picks in the top 10 and nab two very quick, mids with damaging foot skills. IF we can't get two, take the best quick mid in the draft left at 5, and hope that Garlett or Nakia get to our next pick.

Read the other day that we were one of three clubs mentioned that were keen on Blakey.

Starting to think Weller, he would be a bolter at pick 5, but so was Pendlebury.

On Wright, i think GWS will grab him, but develop him into Mumfords successor as there future number 1 ruck.

Yeah I was thinking they would be dumb not to take him as they don't need a McCartin type (with Cameron, Patton, Stewart and Mcarthy) but they do need a Ruck/forward type assuming Boyd leaves at end of contract.

I think we should swap pick 5 for 2 picks and let Hine weave his magic. If it is true that there is not much separating 5-15 wouldn't this be the logical thing to do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we keep pick 5:

I've never seen Lever play in person, only highlights, but Im biased towards KPP.
Would happily have a gun CHB developing in the magoos in 2015.

We could do a lot worse than Weller - One of the best kicks in the draft.

Well if Bucks wants players with good kicking skills then you'd think he'd be a good candidate for pick 5. Starting to think Laverde could be gone by our pick.

I think Hine would have his eye on a player he really rates. A player he knows will be available at pick 5. He would know already who he wants. My guess is he will take Laverde. I think he is the type of player we need. I have only seen his highlights and read as much as I can about him, so my knowledge is limited. But of all the players possibly available at pick 5, he looks and sounds the best. Loved the way he went forward in the championships and kicked goals (Kicked 4 in 1 game I think). The only reason I wouldn't take Laverde is if McCartin is still available at 5. Hine might see it the same or he may really rate Lever and choose best available. Either way, I think at 5 we end up with someone who could potentially be very good. Maybe even a gun.

With picking Scharenberg over Aish. (which I also would have done)
I'd go best mid over best available.

Scharenberg isn't exactly a midfielder.

If we keep pick 5:

I've never seen Lever play in person, only highlights, but Im biased towards KPP.
Would happily have a gun CHB developing in the magoos in 2015.

We do already, SchuPie...

MARSH%20Jonathong.png

...but I suppose one more couldn't hurt.

:D

I think I'd prefer swapping pick 5,30 for 8 and 15 from the GCS but not so sure they'd accept that.

If we end up with pick 23 then 5 and 23 for 8 and 15 might be a goer.

Just feel that if we are tossing up between two or three players for that pick 5 then it's very likely that one of them will still be there at 8.

At pick 15 we could land a Lamb or pull the trigger on Cockatoo if Hine really likes him.

Outside of that does anyone have any interest in Lonergan from the GC as part of any trade deal?

Queenslander?! No thanks lol.
He's not a native Queenslander.

He's Maverick Weller's brother, and the family is originally from Tasmania, but Lachie Weller joined the Gold Coast academy when his brother was still with the club.

Considering that Maverick is now playing for St Kilda, if Lachie got drafted to a Melbourne club as well, this would be as close to home as he could get.

You can't have the go-home factor to somewhere that you're not really from.

Gee whiz, looks bloody sharp for sure. Zippy, great hands and the kicking looks great. Certainly more impressive in the footage than Brayshaw. Yes I understand the limitations of highlights but on that basis I like the look of Weller and Laverde a lot.

I'm still saying Laverde. We need some talented height in the middle. Whether he makes it or not is up to our development team and his attitude to stay at the club long enough to apply himself. Tough place Collingwood right now. Let's hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back