• Duggan

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there is a lot of talk Lever and the Giants but if Boyd is on the move even next year don't be surprised if a key forward is what they take this year. I still think Dogs will trade Griffen and will get 4 so again think McCartin and Wright gone.

I think Laverde is our go. Lever would be good and give us 2 outstanding young talls for a generation but there's also a chance both of thems best position will be CHB. It's why I'd be surprised if it were Durdin or Goddard as well. I think it's more likely Ahern and Laverde and possibly Pickett. Still hoping a chance Brayshaw slips and sad we didn't work our pick 5 into 2-3 with Melbourne instead of going hard at Varcoe.

Yeah there is a lot of talk Lever and the Giants but if Boyd is on the move even next year don't be surprised if a key forward is what they take this year. I still think Dogs will trade Griffen and will get 4 so again think McCartin and Wright gone.

I think Laverde is our go. Lever would be good and give us 2 outstanding young talls for a generation but there's also a chance both of thems best position will be CHB. It's why I'd be surprised if it were Durdin or Goddard as well. I think it's more likely Ahern and Laverde and possibly Pickett. Still hoping a chance Brayshaw slips and sad we didn't work our pick 5 into 2-3 with Melbourne instead of going hard at Varcoe.

Another one I like is De Goey, not much has been said about him, do you think he belongs in the pick 5 conversation?
I think 5 might be a little high - I wouldn't prefer him for Collingwood than Petracca, Brayshaw, McCartin, Laverde or Weller, but he's not far back from that group from a personal perspective.

I think 5 might be a little high - I wouldn't prefer him for Collingwood than Petracca, Brayshaw, McCartin, Laverde or Weller, but he's not far back from that group from a personal perspective.
Would you rather keep pick 5 or see if GWS would accept a swap of 5 for 7+19.

I get the feeling Dekka would hold pick 5 just in case one of the top 4 slid.

Paul Ahern had a much more impressive highlights package than Laverde, I'm hoping for Ahern or Pickett.

Would love to see Pickett become our next Neon Leon.

Just out of curiosity, why is there about 15-20 picks between Pickett and Garlett, they both look pretty evenly matched?

Would you rather keep pick 5 or see if GWS would accept a swap of 5 for 7+19.

I get the feeling Dekka would hold pick 5 just in case one of the top 4 slid.
I would move to 7+19 without any hesitation if that was a possibility - If any of the "top 4" (which I have repeatedly stated is a fallacious categorisation) slid, it'd be Wright, and there's simply no way I would commit a Top 10 pick to Wright, who I think projects as mainly a ruckman at AFL level, and ruckmen have repeatedly proven that they're not worth taking with Top 10 picks, particularly when you already have two of the best young rucks in the AFL.

Paul Ahern had a much more impressive highlights package than Laverde, I'm hoping for Ahern or Pickett.

Would love to see Pickett become our next Neon Leon.

Just out of curiosity, why is there about 15-20 picks between Pickett and Garlett, they both look pretty evenly matched?

I'm not sure but i think its due to Pickett's ability to get the ball on the inside and outside whilst Garlett seems to be more restricted to a purely outside game

McCartin looks like Josh Kennedy from WC. Ahern looked pretty good, would be good to see a vid of Picket.

I'd be disappointed if we don't develop Moore as a forward and shocked if we didn't.

Not really interested in Pickett. Small forward types can be found in later rounds.

No interest in Durdin or Goddard. Rather take a risk with Lever if we want to go tall. Higher ceiling. Be shocked if we take the risk though.

Ahern and Weller look the best of the rest when it comes to genuine midfielders.

Laverde if we think he can develop into that bigger bodied midfielder has genuine appeal.

In Hine we trust.

A lot of people have the top four a lock but it's anything but IMO, having watched the highlights, albeit, yes, I've only watched a handful of youtube clips.

Firstly, Darcy Moore, irrelevant to the top the top four I know, but had he not been father son, I'd be calling his name out at number 1 or 2. He's clearly in my view, more enticing then McCartin Wright or Lever. I'd have him ahead of Brayshaw, it would be out of Petracca and Moore for number 1 for mine.

Secondly, some of these guys supposedly not in the frame for top four could end up being selected. They are Laverde, Lever and Ahern, who's highlight packages I saw.

McCartin and Wright could slide to 6,7 even pick 9 IMO.

Wright could well end up at the Dogs or Carlton. IMO.

After this draft we'll have a lot to look forward to, in terms of watching our young talent next year. We haven't even seen Freeman, or if he can get his body right Scharenberg, who will probably be available in about April/May next year.

Edit: Just watched Heeney's package, he'd probably be number 1 for mine.

1.) Heeney
2.) Petracca
3.) Moore
4.) Lever
5.) Brayshaw
6.) Weller
7.) Wright
8.) Levarde
9.) McCartin
10.) Ahern

Last edited:
I'm not sure but i think its due to Pickett's ability to get the ball on the inside and outside whilst Garlett seems to be more restricted to a purely outside game

I think you're right on the mark. Pickett can win his own ball and do damage on the outside whereas Garlett has shown he's more outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want levarde,he is 189cm. Levarde+crisps will add much needed height into our midfield.plus levarde has a very good synergy with moore so he should be the one we should target.

I think it's not out of the realms that Brayshaw could be available at our pick.

I agree -
  • if the Saints release Stanley they'll want a KPP
  • if GWS lose Boyd, they'll want a KPP
  • Melbourne could potentially pick up both Petracca and Brayshaw. But they also need talls with Frawley gone.
The wildcard scenario is if Saints trade #1 and/or Melb trade either #2 or #3 to teams that want mids.

(apologies if this has already been discussed earlier)

OK, so he has been unveiled on the Collingwood Twitter feed. I think it may be Cameron Wood in his Mad Monday gear.

View attachment 87159

Varcoe looks like he just farted, Greenwood looks like he's missing chromosomes, but Crispy, he looks the likely type.

Oh and Pick 5 looks like he needs to hit the gym.

I actually think Moore and Heeney were the best two kids and they are now out of the draft.

Good post Justlokan. I agree with your sentiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back