Roast Who should be our next coach? [melty]

Remove this Banner Ad

Add me to the list for James Hird.

He's the only choice and we'd be fools to do anything other appoint him directly. We don't want to interview any other candidate and risk James feeling like he might not get it again.

Some may claim jobs for the boys. Maybe 13 years ago, but he has been through pain and it would be a case of jobs for the man now.
Not only would I start barracking for Fremantle if we ever hired Hird back, I'd pull a Richmond and dump a bunch of chicken manure on the front door step at Tulla.

Next person who suggests James Hird as our next coach will get an explanation as how incredibly stupid that is, and they are, for even suggesting it as a possibility.

Maybe we could bring back Hird?

Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

So here we are. I firmly believe Longmire wouldn't have any success if we had him.

The club has made massive efforts to be footy focussed but I suppose culture change takes time.

Has to be player driven standards. I watch other teams who are fighting for finals and the pressure is manic at the ball. The third quarter yesterday we had zero pressure. Players were jogging around not getting near their opponents.

Many senior players showed no leadership at all.

I have said it all year we lack speed at the drop of the ball and gut running on the wings. Duursma is the only one that comes close atm.

I’m voting Trump, we know he bleeds red at least. Make Essendon Great Again!
POTEFC wouldn't be a bad gig for him actually. Doesn't like outsiders, doesn't need the coteries either. He might even turn us into the United States of EFC (something he doesn't seem to achieve in his homeland).

Hird isn't an option but suggestions he was a 'shit coach' with an elite list are laughable. Hird turned a turd list into a competitive list.. last time we actually developed a 'core' group that could win games. Hird took over the club because we were a basket case after the Knights era (NLM as your ruck anyone?).

Hird then shaped a list that could play top 4 level football. Had the saga not come along then I think we make finals and win one during that period. We finally found a way to win interstate, win in the wet, win from behind. For those with short memories.. his coaching period was the first time we actually began to look like a competent football club again.. then the saga stitch up.

That said.. there is no way he can come back. Too much history and just wouldn't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shitpoasting aside, I do think if Brad doesn't work out, we may actually end up with Hird and I wouldn't be surprised if Sheedy is whiteanting behind the scenes to do so.

If he leads us to success....that would make for a hell of a 30 for 30 episode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Who should be our next coach? [melty]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back