Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question based on a wildly fanciful hypothetical scenario where Carlton actually beat Collingwood was duly ignored. 👍

In 2024, the Mighty Magpies were too good for Carlton...again.

The Carlton fan position seems to be despite actually losing to Collingwood twice, that it was actually Carlton who were better than Collingwood!
The Carlton fan position has remained the same over the last 2-3 years no matter how Carlton are going. And that position is "who is better" is not based on 2/23 games.

A question based on a wildly fanciful hypothetical scenario where Carlton actually beat Collingwood was duly ignored. 👍

In 2024, the Mighty Magpies were too good for Carlton...again.

The Carlton fan position seems to be despite actually losing to Collingwood twice, that it was actually Carlton who were better than Collingwood!
But they're better than us because they had the luxury of playing both Richmond & North twice, despite making the Prelim last year (and losing it in heartbreaking circumstances, seems to be recurring theme)

But they're better than us because they had the luxury of playing both Richmond & North twice, despite making the Prelim last year (and losing it in heartbreaking circumstances, seems to be recurring theme)
We have also beaten the Cats, Giants, Suns, Dockers and Bombers - all teams you have failed to beat. We are ahead so far but it's not over yet with your win last night - still 3+ games to go.

Last edited:

Never seen a bigger bunch of whingers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Carlton fan position has remained the same over the last 2-3 years no matter how Carlton are going. And that position is "who is better" is not based on 2/23 games.
Carlton fans go H&A ladder, then try and flip it to something else when it was obvious the H&A ladder was done and dusted (and still lose the different made up metric anyway) and now want to flip it back to H&A ladder.

The only consistent thing in 2022, 2023 and 2024 is that Collingwood have had Carlton's measure.

Bring on the 2025 thread, Carlton have peaked.

Carlton fans go H&A ladder, then try and flip it to something else when it was obvious the H&A ladder was done and dusted (and still lose the different made up metric anyway) and now want to flip it back to H&A ladder.

The only consistent thing in 2022, 2023 and 2024 is that Collingwood have had Carlton's measure.

Building and rebuilding for over 20 years, and their peak is a solitary flukey Preliminary Final appearance.

Oh boy.

I don't want to flip it back to H+A ladder - if both teams make finals it will be the exact same as last year.

Huh?

Carlton are top based on finals played per season participated?

And a team is better if they play in FEWER finals series than another team?
What are you talking about? The question was find a list where Collingwood wasn't number 1 - has nothing to do with Carlton. Those columns they aren't number 1.

I personally think this whole topic is stupid given we are in a 2024 thread. Could not care less about what was happening in 1897.

Anyway back to 2024 and on the topic of "lists". Did you find that list of teams Pies have beaten that we have lost to?

Dont hold your breath.

Still waiting on them to show a 2023 ladder that has them top4.
We played in a prelim after winning 2 finals and received pick 16 in the draft, however you want to twist it we were the 3rd best team of last year.

I know you're panicking when you start playing the poster

Pathetic
Really rich coming from you, start the ball rolling and I will respond in kind

The original comment was "Over that time Collingwood is the best performer of the whole competition", I have provided evidence, prove otherwise
And, the evidence I provided is 3 sides on 16 flags, that's what sides play for right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back