Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues coughed up for Cerra and Saad so what's so what's your point?
Carlton are still a couple of decent forwards short and that was apparent in 2022/2023. Geelong had the same issue, addressed it and got a flag - then the same for Collingwood. So this is probably the next step for the Blue baggers.

Carlton are still a couple of decent forwards short and that was apparent in 2022/2023. Geelong had the same issue, addressed it and got a flag - then the same for Collingwood. So this is probably the next step for the Blue baggers.

Our age demographic allows us to still make these moves, like the Cats and Pies who had an older list at the time

Just checked again and yeah it's still May.
12 hours has passed and I’m thinking clearer and calmer

The positive for us is imo that was our worst game for the season. Plus 25 i50 entries for Collingwood and we still only lose by a kick..

Our efficiency up forward was solid, backline defence solid, tackling and execution of our plays along the arcs way below par, and while we weren’t smashed in clearance it wasn’t good enough…

There’s a lot of scope for improvement, we get Martin, McGovern and March bank likely all ins next week

Collingwood have JDG to come back in which is a reason for them to be positive but I think Carlton can be pretty optimistic for the return bout..

1. Job well done last night Collingwood.

2. Get stuffed

3. Looking forward to the next battle already 😉💪

Our age demographic allows us to still make these moves, like the Cats and Pies who had an older list at the time
Yep, agreed. Our acquisitions from draft, trade and free agency only came together when players like Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan and Dangerfield were at their late veteran stage. It can take a while. Carlton's core should have them in contention for the next 5 years.

12 hours has passed and I’m thinking clearer and calmer

The positive for us is imo that was our worst game for the season. Plus 25 i50 entries for Collingwood and we still only lose by a kick..

Our efficiency up forward was solid, backline defence solid, tackling and execution of our plays along the arcs way below par, and while we weren’t smashed in clearance it wasn’t good enough…

There’s a lot of scope for improvement, we get Martin, McGovern and March bank likely all ins next week

Collingwood have JDG to come back in which is a reason for them to be positive but I think Carlton can be pretty optimistic for the return bout..

1. Job well done last night Collingwood.

2. Get stuffed

3. Looking forward to the next battle already 😉💪
Collingwood actually had better players missing than Carlton, but carry on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I can’t choose my favourite egg on face moment for Blues supporters last night

Was it:
1. Princess Nicky Daicos showing up their entire midfield especially Walsh in key moments and winning the game on his boot?
2. After crying injury all year, going on to lose to a more hampered Collingwood team?
3. Following on from 2, the replacement Pies players who are of lower quality than Carlton’s depth in Harrison and Sullivan playing big parts in the win?
4. The terrible Darcy Moore who concedes 5 goals on his own every week killing Charlie Curnow in every one on one the two faced?
5. Streaming out of the G by the thousands while the game is still in play with a chance for their team to still salvage a result, a mirror image of round 23, 2022?

Spoiled for choices

Look I don't think we will win it again but beating Carlton when they are up and about is pretty good - Carlton really are a club with a lot of mental baggage. The years of failure and dejection have just settled their psyche. It's good to watch.

Look I don't think we will win it again but beating Carlton when they are up and about is pretty good - Carlton really are a club with a lot of mental baggage. The years of failure and dejection have just settled their psyche. It's good to watch.
Collingwood had mental baggage for 50 years. We will be ok the losses will only set us up for success down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back