Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I never predicted Carlton to finish 16th.

13th was my final prediction, which isn't too far removed from where they'll be after a loss this weekend.

I had them ranked 16th based on form from the early rounds (notably their narrow win against a mediocre Richmond side who had 3 x in game injuries).

Did you win money again?

We beat Port by more

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Last 2 games vs Port...
Pies:
Vs Port at AO - 2pts
Vs Port in Vic - 42pts

Blues:
Vs Port at AO - 36pts
Vs Port in Vic - 50pts

At AO - Blues + 34pts
In Vic - Blues + 8pts

Average margins...
Pies - 22pts
Blues - 43pts

It's a genuinely interesting discussion now, as the 2 sides are on different trajectories. Pies have a lot of injuries, will be interesting to see how they weather it. They could implode from this point and fizzle out. Blues should be getting more back and are looking ominous, their 4th quarter form is scary. First time this year I think they could be a contender.

We're at the halfway point and there are at least 5 or 6 sides I think are a decent shot at the flag.

Last 2 games vs Port...
Pies:
Vs Port at AO - 2pts
Vs Port in Vic - 42pts

Blues:
Vs Port at AO - 36pts
Vs Port in Vic - 50pts

At AO - Blues + 34pts
In Vic - Blues + 8pts

Average margins...
Pies - 22pts
Blues - 43pts

Irrefutable evidence that we are better than Collingwood right here.

Case closed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues story takes another turn. Was hoping Port would win (they're our SA cousins after all) but Carlton had the structure to beat them, and held their nerve.

That De Koning looks weird at times but it's real footy, very attacking. The game opens up when he's in the middle, you can't fake talent. Great antidote to Lyons anti-football.

I like the part where Hoyne states he's 231st in ball use without even explaining what that means. Is he just going off disposal efficiency which is a heavilly flawed stat? So frustrating to listen to is Hoyne
Sorry for the late reply here, but I watch those SEN YouTube clips for the lulz. The one where Hoyne said "the coaches got it wrong, Daicos was the 21st best player on the ground", with 10/10 coaches votes had me in stitches.

He's loyal to his product, I'll give him that.

Sorry for the late reply here, but I watch those SEN YouTube clips for the lulz. The one where Hoyne said "the coaches got it wrong, Daicos was the 21st best player on the ground", with 10/10 coaches votes had me in stitches.

He's loyal to his product, I'll give him that.
It's hilarious.

He was the 21st best player on the ground, despite receiving 10 coaches votes.

And he's the '16th best player in the competition over the past 4 weeks', despite having received 39 of a possible 40 coaches votes.

I'd love to know who the 15 better players have been...

And 231st for ball use? Let me guess... 35 disposals a game as an inside mid at 60% efficiency is a lesser game than 13 disposals at 65% efficiency as a loose player on the wing?

Last edited:
It's hilarious.

He was the 21st best player on the ground, despite receiving 10 coaches votes.

And he's the '16th best player in the competition over the past 4 weeks', despite having received 39 of a possible 40 coaches votes.

I'd love to know who the 15 better players have been...

And 231st for ball use? Let me guess... 35 disposals a game as an inside mid at 60% efficiency is a lesser game than 13 disposals at 65% efficiency as a loose player on the wing?
Hoyne is clearly an AFL savant.

He sees what mere (fladgelating) mortals cannot.

Correct. Carlton are one of 10 teams who can finish between 2nd and 11th.

A team isn't a premiership contender until they actually contend for a premiership. Let's see where they are in 3 months.
jjm-blahblahblah.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back