Who will be gone at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

I previously replied to your slagging of Watson's disposal but deleted it as i really cbf'ed arguing.

You are completely biased against certain players and this clouds your judgment.

Some points you make are valid but when they improve in certain areas you refuse to acknowledge it due to your bias.

Watson's disposal has improved this year and while he still makes some clangers, he also has improved a fair amount, which you refuse to acknowledge.

Good to hear a few bombers supporters agreeing with me.

Watson development has been astromnomical, however people seem to see him as the jobe of 2 years ago. His improvement was noted in a very good article by gerard healy during the year.

He is always going to have his knockers by the sounds of it. Its a shame that it doesnt matter what you do, people can only see what is imbedded in thier minds.

Jobe Watson is a star, and one of our most important players. I hope one day people realise that.

I see a lot of the same with Jay Nash......

Cant quite understand how we have had so many post about a player(Watson) who clearly isn't going to be gone at the end of next season as the Thread asks!

Maybe we should start a Jobe Watson argument thread??

I previously replied to your slagging of Watson's disposal but deleted it as i really cbf'ed arguing.

You are completely biased against certain players and this clouds your judgment.

Some points you make are valid but when they improve in certain areas you refuse to acknowledge it due to your bias.

Watson's disposal has improved this year and while he still makes some clangers, he also has improved a fair amount, which you refuse to acknowledge.

They're all Essendon players. I barrack/support Essendon I want nothing more than for every player at our club to improve. Does the fact that you say his disposal has improved make it factual? Because I disagree with you and some others does not make my comments any less factual. Why am I biased and not you? Who here on this forum is impartial from prejudices anyhow?

I don't believe his kicking in particular has improved, I feel he is one of the least reliable by foot in our team- I couldn't name 3 players less reliable by foot. As for his handpassing, as I mentioned previously a large amount of his handpasses were at his teammate's feet and thus puts pressure on his teammates and subsequently causes turnovers.

You single out my comments and you aren't willing to back up your claims or refute mine. I call that bias.

They're all Essendon players. I barrack/support Essendon I want nothing more than for every player at our club to improve. Does the fact that you say his disposal has improved make it factual? Because I disagree with you and some others does not make my comments any less factual. Why am I biased and not you? Who here on this forum is impartial from prejudices anyhow?

I don't believe his kicking in particular has improved, I feel he is one of the least reliable by foot in our team- I couldn't name 3 players less reliable by foot. As for his handpassing, as I mentioned previously a large amount of his handpasses were at his teammate's feet and thus puts pressure on his teammates and subsequently causes turnovers.

You single out my comments and you aren't willing to back up your claims or refute mine. I call that bias.

What doesn't make your opinion factual is as i previously pointed out your biases towards players is known by most and clouds your vision.

He probably is the least reliable by foot but that isn't what were discussing, you said any one that thought his disposal had improved was living in lala land.

I don't have facts to back it up as i cbf'ed going through stats or footage to prove a point that i already know is right.

I was right the first time, i should have left my reply deleted as your bias can't be argued against.

What doesn't make your opinion factual is as i previously pointed out your biases towards players is known by most and clouds your vision.

He probably is the least reliable by foot but that isn't what were discussing, you said any one that thought his disposal had improved was living in lala land.

I don't have facts to back it up as i cbf'ed going through stats or footage to prove a point that i already know is right.

I was right the first time, i should have left my reply deleted as your bias can't be argued against.

Why would I have any bias?

Take a cheap shot and run.........

I'm over this.

Good to hear a few bombers supporters agreeing with me.

Watson development has been astromnomical, however people seem to see him as the jobe of 2 years ago. His improvement was noted in a very good article by gerard healy during the year.

He is always going to have his knockers by the sounds of it. Its a shame that it doesnt matter what you do, people can only see what is imbedded in thier minds.

Jobe Watson is a star, and one of our most important players. I hope one day people realise that.

I see a lot of the same with Jay Nash......
I totally agree.

Notice how I seldom use stats. Those stats can be very misleading, I've explained before why they are so... "I cbf'ed arguing".
I agree that stats can be misleading, but at the same time - just by watching essendon play, anyone with their objective glasses on could see an improvement in disposal.

Notice how I seldom use stats. Those stats can be very misleading, I've explained before why they are so... "I cbf'ed arguing".

So basically you want people to back their arguements up with stats but when they do you say those stats arnt valid . . . interesting.
Watsons definately improved his disposal this year from the games watched simple as that. Him and hille were rated #1 clearance combo in the land im pretty sure. he has good disposal by hand. I definately agree with he struggles to kick at times. I loved when he played downforward when he was getting tagged by ling and look promising taking a few marks yet shanked the kicks. anyways he is a required player. Unless our younger midfielders take huge steps he will be in our starting midfeild all year next year and probs the year after as you need a clearance king and he is one of the better ones which is shown by his posessions and clearences by per minute in recent years.

Good points you have made so far.(let me know if there is another)
Speed and accountablitiy: Speed and accountablity dont go hand in hand look at lovett. We have an attacking game plan so sometimes people are going to be unaccountable jobe isnt the biggest offender of this. Our entire team needs to get a bigger motor so it can run both ways.

longeran will take over his spot: Great plan however even if by the end of next year this kid is better then watson doesnt mean watson wont be playing. still a great clearance player. A & B midfield for the future.

You gotta admit his disposal is getting better though its not great by any means however its definately improved on from recent years. (dont have stats just from watching games).

I do agree he lacks speed and sometimes accountability but i think his game has been steadily getting better and better since he lost his puppy fat.

Lets hope for bombers sake you are never right donners :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course i am wrong sometimes but nowhere near as often as you.

As for an example, here is one from yesterday.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12921467&postcount=28

That's your opinion, doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong. That be the beauty of having an opinion and this forum.

More often than not I don't sit on the fence, nor do I follow the hordes... not intentionally but perhaps I see things differently or perhaps I'm not blinkered by red and black, doesn't make it any better or any worse. Take for example I think Watson may be perceived as improving on his disposal because he doesn't have Hird next to him to compare to, he's got Stanton. Now that's an opinion, you can't prove it wrong, it's your opinion to call it wrong- I don't mind.

How very humble of you Merv. It's a rare commodity (around here).

Jobe obviously has issues with his kicking. Which is a real shame, because I'd love to see him rest at full forward and utilise his height.

However, to deny an improvement this season is naive. While there is still a long way to go, he has most certainly improved a fair bit.

Here's hoping he can improve a lot more next season.

I want Knights to spend a lot of time working with him on his kicking over the off-season.

That's your opinion, doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong. That be the beauty of having an opinion and this forum.

More often than not I don't sit on the fence, nor do I follow the hordes... not intentionally but perhaps I see things differently or perhaps I'm not blinkered by red and black, doesn't make it any better or any worse. Take for example I think Watson may be perceived as improving on his disposal because he doesn't have Hird next to him to compare to, he's got Stanton. Now that's an opinion, you can't prove it wrong, it's your opinion to call it wrong- I don't mind.

How very humble of you Merv. It's a rare commodity (around here).

Now I respect your opinion of Watson.. I will respect everyones.

But once you start been an ass and start to be bitter and distasteful with everyone then you can go on and take a hike...:thumbsu:

Now I respect your opinion of Watson.. I will respect everyones.

But once you start been an ass and start to be bitter and distasteful with everyone then you can go on and take a hike...:thumbsu:

I'm not bitter, I have no reason to be bitter, I'm happy go lucky but you can't see that through text, and sorry if you felt I was being distasteful, wasn't my intention. Hope you didn't take my comments personally, it wasn't directed necessarily at you or for that matter anyone on this board.

Let's just end this dispute amicably. :)

Go Watson! ;)

I'm not bitter, I have no reason to be bitter, I'm happy go lucky but you can't see that through text, and sorry if you felt I was being distasteful, wasn't my intention. Hope you didn't take my comments personally, it wasn't directed necessarily at you or for that matter anyone on this board.

Let's just end this dispute amicably. :)

Go Watson! ;)

Nah wasn't taking it personally... I never really do...

But your thoughts seemed to be in a 'only my opinion cares' kind of state.
Then you kinda took the micky out of everyone else for not liking it and so fourth.

But as long as you understand now, then everything should be a.o.k.:thumbsu:

In this case you probaly should use stats :D
Jobes kicking eff %
2004 7 games 70.3%
2005 5 games 78.3%
2006 21 games 77.3%
2007 19 games 75.1%
2008 19 games 71.1%

I don't think his kicking has improved all that much either.
Not sure why he is being discussed in this thread though as he won't on the list of players gone at the end of the year.

In this case you probaly should use stats :D
Jobes kicking eff %
2004 7 games 70.3%
2005 5 games 78.3%
2006 21 games 77.3%
2007 19 games 75.1%
2008 19 games 71.1%

I don't think his kicking has improved all that much either.
Not sure why he is being discussed in this thread though as he won't on the list of players gone at the end of the year.

My fault, I started off saying his disposal better improve or words to that effect and it snowballed from there but you are right, he won't be on the list of players gone at the end of the year ('09).

Back on Topic: Ricky Dyson.

My fault, I started off saying his disposal better improve or words to that effect and it snowballed from there but you are right, he won't be on the list of players gone at the end of the year ('09).

Back on Topic: Ricky Dyson.

We actually agree on something.

i agree about Nash, he works hard around stoppages in defense and can get in and get the contested handball out, not unlike Jobe. and when he gets the kicking right, it is a beautiful thing to watch.

Dyson is on his last legs. Winders may need a bit of luck with the body. same goes for Dempsey and I'm not sold on Williams either.

hopefully we don't have any retirements apart from Fletch. but i wouldn't be overly surprised if Lucas calls it a day due to injury.

Not sold on williams?? the poor blokes played one game. i reckon he looks promising,mark my words he'll be a good player:thumbsu: agree on NLM and Dyson:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be gone at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back