Prediction Who will be the best key position tall forward in the game?

Who is going to be the most dominant tall forward in the next decade?

• Reily Thilthorpe

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Mac Andrew

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Max King

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Ben King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Darcy

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • Jamara UH

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Logan McDonald

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ethan Read

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Calsher Dear

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Aaron Cadman

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Josh Treacy

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Jye Amiss

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Jacob van Rooyen

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Oscar Allen

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Shannon Neale

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we are headed for a glory period with tall, athletic forwards in the next decade, and I was wondering who people think will be the best? I don't think we have had a prospective era like this for many years.

Who and why?

A few names you missed from that list.
Aaron Cadman (20) starting to look very dangerouss.
Josh Treacy (22) definitely deserves to be on the list.
Jye Amiss (21) as well.
Van Rooyen (21) could be very good also.

Oscar Allen is only 25 (one year older than the King brothers) and could very well play for another 10 years. What is your age cutoff?

Personally, I think Darcy has the potential to be the best from this crop but hard to tell as the progression of talls is usually not linear.

A few names you missed from that list.
Aaron Cadman (20) starting to look very dangerouss.
Josh Treacy (22) definitely deserves to be on the list.
Jye Amiss (21) as well.
Van Rooyen (21) could be very good also.

Oscar Allen is only 25 (one year older than the King brothers) and could very well play for another 10 years. What is your age cutoff?

Personally, I think Darcy has the potential to be the best from this crop but hard to tell as the progression of talls is usually not linear.
Yeah, I left a few out, there's so many young promising forwards. I added them now.
Oscar Allen is old enough now to know what he is going to be. Good, but won't be the best.

Yeah, I left a few out, there's so many young promising forwards. I added them now.
Oscar Allen is old enough now to know what he is going to be. Good, but won't be the best.
Fair enough, though if you are going to say that about Oscar, I don't think we'll see much more from the King boys that we haven't already seen.

The other that is missing from the list is Jed Walter - has big raps but hasn't shown much...yet.

Fair enough, though if you are going to say that about Oscar, I don't think we'll see much more from the King boys that we haven't already seen.

The other that is missing from the list is Jed Walter - has big raps but hasn't shown much...yet.
I gave the King twins a bit of a break due to their injuries, and the fact that physically they are dominate markers.

I gave the King twins a bit of a break due to their injuries, and the fact that physically they are dominate markers.
Just seems a weird decision to me given that Oscar Allen has also had a bunch of injuries (missed 1/3 of 2020, missed all of 2022 and also half of this season), and has historically performed better than Max King when he has played.

Dunno if any of you remember Paul Salmon??

I'm suggesting the tall forward that has the most luck with injuries.....and concussions

Though I wouldn't vote for him Shannon Neale deserves to be in the list.

This. He’s not going to be the best or probably top 3-4 at any point but he’s big and strong enough and gives the impression that with some confidence can become a very damaging player. Seems to have good game sense as far as where to be, when to run and time his leap etc - just seems to lose his hands at times will benefit when he’s the main man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see so many votes early on for Sam Darcy. Haven't seen much of him, and he didn't really stand out to me in the Adelaide game.
He was clearly our most threatening player all game. 19 touches, 14 contested, 3 contested marks and 11 score involvements. Whole team was awful but he played well aside from his finishing, 1.5. Could’ve easily kicked a bag despite the rest of the side playing poorly

Darcy.. will take a few seasons and pre-seasons to pull it all together with experience
but once it all comes together
its take off time .. will be a star

The two standouts to me are Darcy and Jamara. To me it's just a question of if Darcy stays a forward or becomes more of a Corey McKernan type ruck/forward

In my post I said I hadn't watched much of him, and was going by what I saw against Adelaide. We had Thilthorpe and him in the same game, and I wouldn't swap for anything.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder but even in that actual game, Darcy had 7 shots on goal to Thilthorpe’s 2, had as many contested possessions (14) as Thilthorpe had total possessions contested or otherwise, more contested marks - 3 to 2.
The one thing Thilthorpe did do very well was set up others with 3 goal assists.

But yeah, unusually wonky kicking aside (Darcy has been very accurate prior to that game) I’m surprised your takeaway from that game was to be unimpressed with him. Even as a neutral fan I watched it thinking it was just a straight-kicking-day away from being another ominous warning to the competition

Interesting to see so many votes early on for Sam Darcy. Haven't seen much of him, and he didn't really stand out to me in the Adelaide game.
He moves exceptionally well, alacrity, excellent hand skills, and coordination for such a big dude. Makes some of the others look clumsy.

I thought he looked very dangerous in the Adelaide game

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will be the best key position tall forward in the game?

Back