Prediction Who will be the best key position tall forward in the game?

Who is going to be the most dominant tall forward in the next decade?

• Reily Thilthorpe

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Mac Andrew

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Max King

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Ben King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Darcy

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • Jamara UH

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Logan McDonald

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ethan Read

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Calsher Dear

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Aaron Cadman

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Josh Treacy

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Jye Amiss

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Jacob van Rooyen

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Oscar Allen

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Shannon Neale

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all in the eye of the beholder but even in that actual game, Darcy had 7 shots on goal to Thilthorpe’s 2, had as many contested possessions (14) as Thilthorpe had total possessions contested or otherwise, more contested marks - 3 to 2.
The one thing Thilthorpe did do very well was set up others with 3 goal assists.

But yeah, unusually wonky kicking aside (Darcy has been very accurate prior to that game) I’m surprised your takeaway from that game was to be unimpressed with him. Even as a neutral fan I watched it thinking it was just a straight-kicking-day away from being another ominous warning to the competition
The talk about him was that he was dominating games. I am not surprised that some people rate him, I'm surprised by the amount of people. He's on good company, and there alot of good talent. To me he isn't that stand out that the numbers show. He would also be getting Bulldog votes taken away by JUH.
Maybe my dislike for his dad is clouding my vision. I do look forward to seeing how these big forwards mature and who becomes what.

OK. I think others would be happy for you to keep Thilthorpe (who is a good prospect by the way).
In my eyes, and as I said, I haven't seen much at all of Darcy, but I think he is more of a power power forward than Darcy. Now, Sam may beef up, who knows, but TT is a monster.
But, it looms as a great era for tall marking forwards, alot to look forward to.

The talk about him was that he was dominating games. I am not surprised that some people rate him, I'm surprised by the amount of people. He's on good company, and there alot of good talent. To me he isn't that stand out that the numbers show. He would also be getting Bulldog votes taken away by JUH.
Maybe my dislike for his dad is clouding my vision. I do look forward to seeing how these big forwards mature and who becomes what.

It’s not that he’s dominating games, it’s that he will dominate them.

He’s the third tall forward for his team, he’s still a kid who has no muscle on him (and as you point out that’s one thing Thilthorpe has already got - he looks very strong) and he’s second in the comp for contested marks just a fraction behind Jesse Hogan who is in colossal form this year.

Against the Pies at a time when they were in form and still in top four contention he had 3 goals and ripped down five contested marks. It was just a glimpse. So the hype isn’t so much about what he’s done, necessarily, it’s about what he could do based on the fact that even as a third option for his team.

For a defence to have the idea of an in-form naughton and JUH and then THAT to contend with once he gets another 20 games under his belt is a bit scary I think

Yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy is a little scary TBH. 208cm and yet can move like he does + skills.

How is anyone gonna stop that when he peaks?
Injury free and filled out will be like unstoppable in the next couple of years, JUH is a different forward but will be amazing too with Naughton and Weightman i cant remember a Dogs forwardline being so potent.

Sam Darcy is going to be very hard to stop.

With such long reach and sure hands opponents basically need to infringe to stop him. He is likely to end getting almost as many frees as Charlie Curnow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will be the best key position tall forward in the game?

Back