Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve been in a hub so I don’t know what you’re going on about (3 weeks in Sydney due to border restrictions). And again, other than sleeping in our own beds, Rich v Suns at the Gabba is a neutral match. Just like your last 5 games in QLD are all neutral matches. There’s no real advantage there for the Suns/Lions playing neutral matches at the Gabba/Metricon respectively
No advantage? Being home, using normal facilities? Are you high? Playing a vic team at the Gabba is not a neutral game.

Teams aren’t travelling? 🤣 really? You haven’t checked other teams fixtures then. Collingwood are sh*t, no doubt, but our last few weeks has been freo (perth), syd (Bris), adel (ade), melb (Bris) all with 4/5 day break. and we definitely aren’t the only one who’s been travelling
Again the persecuted.

I wonder if he was told by the AFL he wasn't getting the GF...

So these restrictions stay in place as a bit of an excuse/scapegoat for not getting it???

The very large majority of the WA population love the hard borders, McGowan knows they love them, I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow manages to keep them mostly intact until after the election in March next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if McGowan and Gil hadn't already had a private conversation about this at an earlier time.

'Gil old son, there's more votes in hard borders than there is games of footy, so you can gagf, Vicco'.

The above needs to be spoken in your best Shane Jacobsen, Kenny voice.

I wouldn't be writing off Collingwood just yet and I can't see the GF being played anywhere other than Brisbane.

Teams that fly in together are allowed to play each other during the quarantine period.
but you presumably then cant have crowds, media etc in close proximity for fear of spreading the virus if one of the players does indeed have it? that kinda goes against the premise of having the gf in WA so there can be a slightly bigger crowd doesnt it?

People were writing off Richmond at the same time last year. They've still got a good list, the key is getting some of those players back and winning a few games in the meantime.

I really don't get this, I am yet to be really impressed by a performance by Richmond this year, and multiple games have been underwhelmed and it's raised some concerns. This isn't the same as other years, I don't think the same hunger/motivation is there, we won't play in Victoria again and the system doesn't work as well when the team is only allowed to train together as a full group once a week.

Richmond are a great team, but it doesn't mean they are the favourites in the circumstances. About 2 months ago when the VIC teams were announced that they wouldn't be returning home, I called the flag would come from one of the Lions, Eagles, Port Adelaide or Giants.
Since then, I've ruled out the Giants, but I'm still sticking with my bet on the other 3.
Whilst I agree the team hasn't clicked quite so well as other seasons I think we've battled much better this season with the significant list of missing stars from our line up.

Compared to last year we had a great win with a weak team against Port over there but we struggled without our stars for most of our matches before the bye. We turned the season around by having more of our top 22 playing starting with the Saints game after the bye and built from there.

This season our team is getting the wins and staying in touch with a very competitive top 4 with plenty of our top guys out.

It doesn't look as good aesthetically but the results are better with an inferior starting 22 over last season.

The loss to Port the other round was really important because with this side they showed they can come back from significant margins and momentum swings and hit the lead. That was massive and a very good sign. We couldn't have done that last year with this line up.

It looks different but it's a good different.

Geelong - looking pretty good. Healthy list and older players benefitting from the shorter game. No over-running the Cats in the last 5 minutes of each quarter.
Collingwood - lots of injuries and unlikely to get enough top players back to make a serious push.
Richmond - will start getting biggish names back soon and with a bit of match fitness will have other teams worried.
Saints - expect to fall away but might do a bit of damage.
Port - fragile but should finish top 2, and who knows from there?
Brisbane - (to absolutely mangle WC) never in the the history of mankind has so much been given to just one team by so few (the AFL hierarchy).
WC - injuries starting to mount and a horrible fixturing coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People seem to be deterred by West Coast's record in QLD, but these are different circumstances, if the finals are played there they will step up, there will be a lot at stake and I don't think their record will mean anything.

but you presumably then cant have crowds, media etc in close proximity for fear of spreading the virus if one of the players does indeed have it? that kinda goes against the premise of having the gf in WA so there can be a slightly bigger crowd doesnt it?
WA has had crowds all season under the similar Hub arrangements as Queensland. Teams have to hub for the first two weeks upon arrival in WA, but the two teams that fly in can play each other I.e Collingwood & Geelong, GWS & Sydney

WA has had crowds all season under the similar Hub arrangements as Queensland. Teams have to hub for the first two weeks upon arrival in WA, but the two teams that fly in can play each other I.e Collingwood & Geelong, GWS & Sydney
but can those teams play each other with crowds? if so it make no sense alongside the closed borders

The very large majority of the WA population love the hard borders, McGowan knows they love them, I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow manages to keep them mostly intact until after the election in March next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if McGowan and Gil hadn't already had a private conversation about this at an earlier time.

'Gil old son, there's more votes in hard borders than there is games of footy, so you can gagf, Vicco'.

The above needs to be spoken in your best Shane Jacobsen, Kenny voice.
This is pretty much bang on. I suspect the decision to hold the hard borders was already made but not announced, just in case the AFL did in fact decide to hold the GF in Perth. As soon as it became obvious that it wasn't going to happen, the October announcement was made.

Do we think Port will be able to host finals at the Adelaide Oval? If they can then they’ll be looking at two home finals likely, which if they can win them both should get them to the granny.

My money would be on Richmond and West Coast, two best sides that have proven themselves. GWS a Smokey if they can get their act together

Do we think Port will be able to host finals at the Adelaide Oval? If they can then they’ll be looking at two home finals likely, which if they can win them both should get them to the granny.

My money would be on Richmond and West Coast, two best sides that have proven themselves. GWS a Smokey if they can get their act together

GWS are farked.

Why are you reading my post like that? Richmond is missing what, 6 or so best 22 and still managed to grind out a win against an inexperienced but very much improved GCS team despite not playing great themselves. If I say Richmond is no good, you guys jump on me and call me a jealous flog but if I say Richmond is actually good all of a sudden I'm embarassing myself. You really have some kind of victim complex.

Regarding the reverse psychology part, I have no impact on the result of the games so not sure how me not jumping on my own teams dick would affect who wins the flag?

Don't underestimate yourself you have super powers. Now can you please post that the Lions are no chance to win the flag? Thanks

If thinks stay as they are and there is freedom of movement between SA and Qld, there is absolutely no reason why Port should not get home finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back