Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah fair point about the Tiges. Didn't know Yeo's injury was that serious. Be back for finals if all goes well.
Yeah Yeo is massive, but he will be geared up for finals. But you are missing Prestia as well and Shai Bolton steps up. Yeo is missign and our other mids have to step uo.

Not sure that we can beat west coast without prestia, edwards, houli, Astbury, Nankervis. The concern is what sort of form they would be in for finals.
We’ll most likely be without Yeo, Redden, Waterman, Duggan. You’re not the only club in the league with injured players but you sure do act like it

I ticked Geelong, in reality I think WCE will win, hoping it's Brisbane but most probably Richmond.

Can't see Buckley getting the boys in any shape, anytime soon

Last night just goes to show its Richmond's flag to lose, only WCE can challenge them at this stage.
I really don't get this, I am yet to be really impressed by a performance by Richmond this year, and multiple games have been underwhelmed and it's raised some concerns. This isn't the same as other years, I don't think the same hunger/motivation is there, we won't play in Victoria again and the system doesn't work as well when the team is only allowed to train together as a full group once a week.

Richmond are a great team, but it doesn't mean they are the favourites in the circumstances. About 2 months ago when the VIC teams were announced that they wouldn't be returning home, I called the flag would come from one of the Lions, Eagles, Port Adelaide or Giants.
Since then, I've ruled out the Giants, but I'm still sticking with my bet on the other 3.

Last night just goes to show its Richmond's flag to lose, only WCE can challenge them at this stage.
What is it you're actually trying to do? Everyone seems to be really confused because from what I have read from you is a hell of a lot of BS.... How does last nights game prove Richmond are Favourites? We were undisciplined, missing targets and didn't look like a top team putting away a very young and inexperienced side missing Swallow & Harbrow who also were coming off a 4 day break. I mean it was only last week that we were totally outplayed by Port Power who you guys destroyed coming off your 4 day break!

I think this is a case of some reverse psychology and trying your best to fly the cats under the radar when its clear to see they have been the most consistent and dominate team the last month along with WC and they're playing in front of a home crowd every week!. Even the loss against them in Perth was impressive.

Give it a rest mate you're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
What is it you're actually trying to do? Everyone seems to be really confused because from what I have read from you is a hell of a lot of BS.... How does last nights game prove Richmond are Favourites? We were undisciplined, missing targets and didn't look like a top team putting away a very young and inexperience side missing Swallow & Harbrow.

I think this is a case of some reverse phycology and trying your best to fly the cats under the radar when its clear to see they have been the most consistent and dominate team the last month along with WC and they're playing in front of a home crowd every week!. Even the loss against them in Perth was impressive.

Give it a rest mate you're embarrassing yourself.
Why are you reading my post like that? Richmond is missing what, 6 or so best 22 and still managed to grind out a win against an inexperienced but very much improved GCS team despite not playing great themselves. If I say Richmond is no good, you guys jump on me and call me a jealous flog but if I say Richmond is actually good all of a sudden I'm embarassing myself. You really have some kind of victim complex.

Regarding the reverse psychology part, I have no impact on the result of the games so not sure how me not jumping on my own teams dick would affect who wins the flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you reading my post like that? Richmond is missing what, 6 or so best 22 and still managed to grind out a win against an inexperienced but very much improved GCS team despite not playing great themselves. If I say Richmond is no good, you guys jump on me and call me a jealous flog but if I say Richmond is actually good all of a sudden I'm embarassing myself. You really have some kind of victim complex.

Regarding the reverse psychology part, I have no impact on the result of the games so not sure how me not jumping on my own teams dick would affect who wins the flag?
I for one do not cry when we are called out for playing poor... I mean I have gone through 30 years of previous depression following this side so it ain't nothing new.
I wouldn't call you a flog for having an opinion for an opposing side it just seems your posts have been very odd going on current form of the top 6 teams.
Also every team has players out ATM so there is no excuse for Richmond. I mean the pies are decimated.
Further to that I wouldn't even say that Nankervis or Asbury are best 22 at the moment anyway.
Your posts seem to be referencing current form. I would say on current form you cannot say Richmond when Geelong, WC, & Port Power have been playing much more consistent. Jury is still out on Brisbane and the Saints.

I for one do not cry when we are called out for playing poor... I mean I have gone through 30 years of previous depression following this side so it ain't nothing new.
I wouldn't call you a flog for having an opinion for an opposing side it just seems your posts have been very odd going on current form of the top 6 teams.
Also every team has players out ATM so there is no excuse for Richmond. I mean the pies are decimated.
Further to that I wouldn't even say that Nankervis or Asbury are best 22 at the moment anyway.
Your posts seem to be referencing current form. I would say on current form you cannot say Richmond when Geelong, WC, & Port Power have been playing much more consistent. Jury is still out on Brisbane and the Saints.
Port showed they aren't going to contend on Friday night. Geelong does not win finals. Richmond and WCE are the favourites with the bookies for good reason

Port showed they aren't going to contend on Friday night. Geelong does not win finals. Richmond and WCE are the favourites with the bookies for good reason
Well in that case I hope the bookies are correct but just not that confident with the way we have been performing.
Also question marks would be on WC if finals are in QLD and for Port Power I still think they are a good shot and not writing them off just yet.
Geelong are just as good in QLD as the Tigers and I wouldn't worry about "Geelong does not win finals", as this year is bizarre, unique & unpredictable as its ever been.

If the entire finals series is in WA then I’d say WCE are huge favourites. If it’s in Queensland I like Richmond or Geelong, but I wouldn’t write off GWS if they can get it together

Be lucky to get any final in Perth now. McGowan announced earlier this moring that current restrictions will be in place until at least 24 October. Ie 50% capacity.

Be lucky to get any final in Perth now. McGowan announced earlier this moring that current restrictions will be in place until at least 24 October. Ie 50% capacity.
I wonder if he was told by the AFL he wasn't getting the GF...

So these restrictions stay in place as a bit of an excuse/scapegoat for not getting it???

Except teams aren’t travelling really this year, they are in hubs. I agree that say for Rich v Suns at the Gabba our players get to sleep in their own beds which is helpful, but neither side is travelling other than the hour bus ride or have any home ground advantage playing at the Gabba. It’s a neutral match.

It’s the best option in a compromised year by far. The lions have played 1 of their last 6 matches at the Gabba while you’ve had 6 in a row at Optus. That is a leg up having that many home games in a row and getting to build form. But it’s just how this season had to unfold to finish it.
Teams aren’t travelling? 🤣 really? You haven’t checked other teams fixtures then. Collingwood are shit, no doubt, but our last few weeks has been freo (perth), syd (Bris), adel (ade), melb (Bris) all with 4/5 day break. and we definitely aren’t the only one who’s been travelling

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back