Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 2022 etc

Happy to see the Lions flying under the radar this year with the Eagles Tigers and Cats all hot favorites

Right, the lions still have some improvement in them but this would be your best chance to go all the way i'd imagine.

Especially considering your recent record at the MCG.

Don't know how Brisbane aren't run away favourites. They're hardly going to leave Queensland all season, if not now..when?
When they can kick a score.
We're 17th and kicked more goals than them on the weekend in perfect conditions, they had their full complement up forward, we had Tarrant our best defender missing.

Alarm bells.

Football fans have short memories and their favourites change from week to week. That's something you expect from the casual observer, not people that have years of experience watching underdogs win, favourites choke and so on. Seasons always have their ups and downs and this year even more so.

Anyone in the top 6 could take it out and I wouldn't be surprised.

It rained on Sunday......and we won.
I’m liking this optimism from West Coast supporters. Play them anywhere, under any conditions. Pretty much a mandatory for this season.

I’m not sure the Eagles in QLD, especially at night, are the same team as over in WA.

I still think the Cats in QLD are the ones to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m liking this optimism from West Coast supporters. Play them anywhere, under any conditions. Pretty much a mandatory for this season.

I’m not sure the Eagles in QLD, especially at night, are the same team as over in WA.

There is no reason why we are not in the mix. Richmond were not firing tonight and that is the way of this season. Who will fire at the pointy end. Geelong look good but we have beaten them. I think these three teams will be there at the end. WC/ Richmond in a couple of weeks will give us an indication.

There is no reason why we are not in the mix. Richmond were not firing tonight and that is the way of this season. Who will fire at the pointy end. Geelong look good but we have beaten them. I think these three teams will be there at the end. WC Richmond in a couple of weeks will give us an indication.
Agree with all the above except the last sentence. Reckon any of the finalists can win it if they can adjust to the conditions and find form at the right time.

Geelong on history this year look best placed for that if they play in QLD especially at night but can’t rule others out. West Coast fans undoubtably praying for a WA finals and GF. They have the form over there this year no doubt.

Richmond looked like dog shit tonight, but I thought the same thing at times last year as well. They've been the masters at timing their run to perfection, so I'm expecting them to start ramping it up in the next few weeks.

Unless/Until they actually get knocked out of the finals, they remain the team to beat imo.

Interesting year. Every team has had their stinkers, but that's to be expected in a really weird year. I barely count our form in rounds 2-4, it was such a weird situation. Having said that I feel Geelong is the most solid, especially in defence, and would put them slight favourites with us and Richmond close behind. I feel we do have some vulnerabilities, and look slightly shakier than the other two, but our best is the best in the comp, as it's been for the past 2 years now. More of a four quarter team now though. Just need to bring it at the right time..overall I'd be surprised if anyone else wins it.

Really?

Not impressed at all with what I saw tonight, I couldn't possibly pick us with some of the performances we've put in
Yeah but you have done it well without a host of starts. At the moment WCE, Rich, Geelong, Bris, Port can all win it. Sadly West Coast have lost Elliot Yeo for the next 5 games massive out

Well there is no excuses from West Coast, we have to be better under all conditions. With mids like Shuey, Yeo, Gaff, Kelly, Sheed and forwards like we have we need to perform. Second time in the hub we need to pull our finger out

Yeah but you have done it well without a host of starts. At the moment WCE, Rich, Geelong, Bris, Port can all win it. Sadly West Coast have lost Elliot Yeo for the next 5 games massive out
Yeah we have missed a lot of high quality talent, regardless of what some say. What worries me is trying to bring them all back at the same time. At current houli is likely to get 5 games before finals which is ok, but all of nankervis, Edwards, Prestia and Astbury will all come back with only a game or two till finals, and most coming off serious injuries and a significantly reduced fitness base and match practice. That's a lot, and they're all critical so it's hard to argue leaving any of them out.

Last edited:
Richmond easing into it nicely...they got this

West Coast if it's in Perth

Geelong other possibility.
Richmond need to sort out their delivery inside f50. If they can do that they will be a certainly be one of the red hot favourites. They still have some issues to iron out yet and some key personnel who may not have enough time to get some match fitness and form going

Yeah fair point about the Tiges. Didn't know Yeo's injury was that serious. Be back for finals if all goes well.

Not sure that we can beat west coast without prestia, edwards, houli, Astbury, Nankervis. The concern is what sort of form they would be in for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back