Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't think Geelong's record in finals is relevant when discussing finals?
Seeing as though the Tigers won the flag in 2017 after 3 straight elimination finals losses, surely even you believe it’s not that relevant?....The Dogs won in 2016 after losing their one & only final the year before also....These things can be overblown...To me the Eagles look the team to beat, based purely on the strength of their spine & depth in the midfield... I think any one of Geelong, the Tigers, the Power & the Lions could be their main opponents.

Cats should be favourites from here

not because their stars aren in form - but because their second tier have stepped up and across they board they are playing great team footy

I saw similar cohesion in west coast in 2018

we have an abundance of talent - it it’s taking individual talent - not collective team to win at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond arent remotely close to playing their best football and are half a game from 2nd, they have the most upside of any team in the comp.

Agree with this.

I would also say they have the least margin for error and the most "danger games" left in their fixture.

Like last year, they will need to run the table if they want to finish top 4.

If they can do that, they will be in the box seat and go in to finals as flag favourites.

If they lose to either West Coast or Geelong, those two clubs will be far and away favourites for the flag and Richmond will have to do it from outside top 4.

Richmond arent remotely close to playing their best football and are half a game from 2nd, they have the most upside of any team in the comp.
this is the most intelligent post in the this thread, not because I'm a Richmond supporter but because in essence this post nails it.

Richmond has been off center and out of kilt in 2020, with only some games this year showing some good form.

The Richmond VS Port game is a biggest indicator of how Richmond played poorly against a team that are played very well and for the most part Richmond were still in the game. Now take had the two teams played at their best and things would look very different.

on current form...
West Coast
Geelong
Port
Richmond

By finals time who knows...things change.

It's WC's turn for a compressed fixture now. 4 and 5 day breaks for the next 5 games. It makes Thursday's games against Richmond particularly crucial. Win, and they can manage players. Lose, and they have to go hard to remain top 4.
Yep
One of the biggest home and away games of the season
Looking forward to it

I'd still be backing Richmond and think they are well positioned to take it out (except for the fact the GF wont be played at the MCG).
Ultimately, there style is high intensity, high-pressure - tried and tested in finals conditions. They also have the strongest backline and the best player in the league. These are all formidable obstacles for their opponents to overcome.

Port - I was impressed when I watched them against Richmond. But I cant see that being replicated at the business end of the season. They have some good young players but I'd be surprised if they dont fall away towards the end of the year.

Geelong, I still have big question marks over. For many of the reasons I've highlighted are Richmond's strengths. This squad under this coach has been a proven finals failure, and I wouldnt be betting against another repeat unless they can debunk that trend. There backline (Tom Stewart aside) is suspect. They too have some great players and I would like to see Dangerfield at least play in a GF.

West Coast are the wild card for and perhaps the only team I see genuinely challenging Richmond. Great talls and forwards, good pace. Proven performers in finals. You'd think the GF in Perth is unlikely at this stage but if it eventuated, the odds would definitely swing in their favour.

Brisbane are very outside chance for mine.

Has to be the Eagles..
567ca7c1072e13a11801cfc77aa45b8e.jpg

I think West Coast are favourites with the level they are playing at. They are strong all over the ground, they have all the ingredients.

Richmond at our best are just as good, but we are going to be hard pressed to make the top 4.

I think there is a gap to the rest after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back