Why a Port Adelaide Premiership in 2021 is a certainty

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that Port Adelaide's chances have just gone up in everyone's estimation, purely by the following logic.
A) Port Adelaide are not a very good team
B) other Top 4 teams repeatedly drop games against "not very good teams"
C) Ergo, they should be worried about losing to Port Adelaide.
D) Port get a finals double chance at being "not a very good team"
E) Luckily for everyone, AFL games are played on the field and not online

Not fair comparison. Recently 've had 25% less teams in the top 4 to lose to.
Seriously though, is this stat based on the positions at the beginning of the round, during the game, or at the end of the round. What about finals?
27 games against the top 4 in 5 seasons tells me its possibly whichever suits the argument each week.
I have done all the stats my way now (rather than going off the sen way)
Best to worst vs top 4 (based on ladder pre-finals - So sorry if you beat GWS in 2019)

1. Richmond 17-13
2. Greater Western Sydney 13-1-16
3. Geelong 11-1-14
4. Sydney 10-15
5. West Coast 10-15
6. Adelaide 10-17
7. Hawthorn 7-2-16
8. Collingwood 7-2-18
9. Brisbane 7-18
10. Melbourne 6-19
11. Western Bulldogs 6-19
12. North Melbourne 5-19
13. Fremantle 4-20
14. Port Adelaide 4-20
15. Essendon 4-21
16. St Kilda 4-22
17. Carlton 3-21
18. Gold Coast 1-21

So the only 2 teams who have less wins vs top 4 opposition than Port Adelaide are St Kilda and Gold Coast.

Not sure I would be getting too far ahead of myself when that's the company you have.

Having said that, Collingwood went 1-6 vs top 4 teams in 2018. Only a kick away from winning a premiership.
So I guess there's hope Port Adelaide can emulate the Magpies and get there.

I have done all the stats my way now (rather than going off the sen way)
Best to worst vs top 4 (based on ladder pre-finals - So sorry if you beat GWS in 2019)

1. Richmond 17-13
2. Greater Western Sydney 13-1-16
3. Geelong 11-1-14
4. Sydney 10-15
5. West Coast 10-15
6. Adelaide 10-17
7. Hawthorn 7-2-16
8. Collingwood 7-2-18
9. Brisbane 7-18
10. Melbourne 6-19
11. Western Bulldogs 6-19
12. North Melbourne 5-19
13. Fremantle 4-20
14. Port Adelaide 4-20
15. Essendon 4-21
16. St Kilda 4-22
17. Carlton 3-21
18. Gold Coast 1-21

So the only 2 teams who have less wins vs top 4 opposition than Port Adelaide are St Kilda and Gold Coast.

Not sure I would be getting too far ahead of myself when that's the company you have.

Having said that, Collingwood went 1-6 vs top 4 teams in 2018. Only a kick away from winning a premiership.
So I guess there's hope Port Adelaide can emulate the Magpies and get there.
Thanks.
So every team bar one has less than a 50-50 record against top 4 opponents. Insightful.

I really do feel so much better knowing that Port Adelaide missing finals in 2018 was a better team than 2021 because we beat the minor premier Richmond that year, same goes for missing finals in 2019 because we beat the minor premier Geelong that year too.
Far better teams than say last year, finishing minor premier ourselves, beating Geelong in one final and losing by a kick to Richmond in the prelim were basically meaningless.

Glad this is not a serious thread.

tbh port were just around the mark and sort of people pointing them out now
But I reckon if they stay healthy they are a Chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone get back here

geymon-smaller.gif

It's pretty funny how the mouthbreather's on bigfooty push their petty jealous and grievances. We were never the favourite last year, not once. And yet, those same people are saying we choked. We were getting ragged on about not beating top 8 sides, then we starting beating them so it was the top 4. We roll a top 4 side, now we haven't beaten enough top 4 sides. Geelong/ Brisbane are the only other good sides in good form and they have suffered major injuries. 17-5, in better form and with less injuries than other rivals. Anyone who says we can't win it has no idea and is some loser jerking off their little pecker and masking their own insecurities.

It's getting to the pointy end of the season, with 8-10 teams gearing up for a seemingly huge round to close out the home and away season and start their push for the flag.
I'm here to tell you why this is a futile endeavour, and why the cup will be heading to Alberton in 6 weeks.

#1: OVERHEAD REBOUND CONTESTED SMASH FIST FORWARD DRIVES
Port Adelaide, led by captain Tom Jonas and new sheriff in town Aliir Aliir, lead the competition in this statistic by a staggering amount. This is a main component of Port Adelaides game that has troubled teams consistently in the second half of the season, and sees Port Adelaide as the form team of the competition heading in to finals.
In the last 6 weeks, Aliir Aliir has recorded 58 Overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives, the next best in the competition being Brayden Maynard with 26.
Tom Jonas has recorded 4th most, with 22 overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives over the same period.
This has allowed Port to attack vigorously on the turnover, with their half backs gathering the loose ball and using the dangerous foot skills of Houston and Bonner to maximum effect.

#2 AERIAL PENETRATING FORWARD 50 ENTRY MOVEMENTS GENERATED FROM WING PLAY
With a fit Duursma back in the side in recent weeks to complement the evergreen 2021 All Australian lock Karl Amon, Port Adelaide have a few tricks up their sleeve when it comes to aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play. In fact, they lead the competition by 12.8 per game on average. Duursmon, as I call this deceptively dangerous dynamic duo, don't waste too many opportunities and make things happen. When Port are generating so many more aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play, it brings our ace up our sleeve in to play. Bringing me to number 3....

#3 GEORGIADIXEE
No, its not a new pokemon, its the Tremendous trinity of Georgiades, Dixon and Rozee. This trio contains all the attributes you want in a forward line. Crafty forward play, sticky fingers, speed and contested mongrel. Make no doubt, this is the most dangerous forward line in the competition, and it isn't even close. Oh, and if these 3 don't fire? Well waiting in the wings we only have the GOAT Robbie Gray, Fantastic Fantasia and the illustrious Butters, who can cut through teams like a hot knife through himself.

I could go on and on, but as you can see, there will be no stopping this juggernaut when September rolls around and I have the stats to back me up.
Other teams should give up now, as season 2021 can only end one way. With King Ken and Tommy J on the dais clutching the cup on the last Saturday in September.

It's getting to the pointy end of the season, with 8-10 teams gearing up for a seemingly huge round to close out the home and away season and start their push for the flag.
I'm here to tell you why this is a futile endeavour, and why the cup will be heading to Alberton in 6 weeks.

Port Adelaide, led by captain Tom Jonas and new sheriff in town Aliir Aliir, lead the competition in this statistic by a staggering amount. This is a main component of Port Adelaides game that has troubled teams consistently in the second half of the season, and sees Port Adelaide as the form team of the competition heading in to finals.
In the last 6 weeks, Aliir Aliir has recorded 58 Overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives, the next best in the competition being Brayden Maynard with 26.
Tom Jonas has recorded 4th most, with 22 overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives over the same period.
This has allowed Port to attack vigorously on the turnover, with their half backs gathering the loose ball and using the dangerous foot skills of Houston and Bonner to maximum effect.

With a fit Duursma back in the side in recent weeks to complement the evergreen 2021 All Australian lock Karl Amon, Port Adelaide have a few tricks up their sleeve when it comes to aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play. In fact, they lead the competition by 12.8 per game on average. Duursmon, as I call this deceptively dangerous dynamic duo, don't waste too many opportunities and make things happen. When Port are generating so many more aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play, it brings our ace up our sleeve in to play. Bringing me to number 3....

#3 GEORGIADIXEE
No, its not a new pokemon, its the Tremendous trinity of Georgiades, Dixon and Rozee. This trio contains all the attributes you want in a forward line. Crafty forward play, sticky fingers, speed and contested mongrel. Make no doubt, this is the most dangerous forward line in the competition, and it isn't even close. Oh, and if these 3 don't fire? Well waiting in the wings we only have the GOAT Robbie Gray, Fantastic Fantasia and the illustrious Butters, who can cut through teams like a hot knife through himself.

I could go on and on, but as you can see, there will be no stopping this juggernaut when September rolls around and I have the stats to back me up.
Other teams should give up now, as season 2021 can only end one way. With King Ken and Tommy J on the dais clutching the cup on the last Saturday in September.
Well well well

#3 GEORGIADIXEE

happy-gilmore-talk-about-your-all-time-backfires.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Why a Port Adelaide Premiership in 2021 is a certainty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back