Why a Port Adelaide Premiership in 2021 is a certainty

Remove this Banner Ad

They also don’t make a big song and dance (literally) about how their club is special because they can “never tear us apart” only to be quite easily torn apart moments later.
The only thing that was missing from the pre-game from Port was some onfield NFL style showboating and flexing from the players. The fans were doing it the stands and the players were doing it in there minds though. Hence the result.

The only thing that was missing from the pre-game from Port was some onfield NFL style showboating and flexing from the players. The fans were doing it the stands and the players were doing it in there minds though. Hence the result.
How the bloody hell are the players supposed to take it seriously when the club is telling them they wish they wore Collingwood colours.

"hey guys, win this we can wear the stripes to sing the song"

Not really. How many flags have you won since it happened?

I remember we won 3 flags in 4 years and not carrying on like idiots at the game that our team will never be ripped apart. Actions on the field are louder than words.

Yeah, premierships are difficult to win. We might not win one for a while, you might not either. Right now noone holds Geelong, Brisbane or Hawthorn in high esteem because of their 3 flags in quick succession. They're ancient history and the only way long term reputation is earned is through regular premierships across multiple eras ala WC, Sydney, etc. If you start getting pumped for a couple of seasons, the wins will be the aberration, not the norm over several decades of not winning one. In two years time your flags are as relevant as our 2004 flag. Nice to have, nice to not have lived a significant part of your life without 1, but ultimately old news.

As for supporter behavior. We had your supporters wishing ACLs on our players, coming in and talking about Richmond in threads that had nothing to do with them, puffing chests out and demanding to be given the flag in April/ May, Whinging that things weren't going well in Late May and declaring a tainited premiership anyway (but after winning it, its not tainted). I'm not sure I am going to be looking at Richmond supporters on how to be well adjusted people.

Yeah, premierships are difficult to win. We might not win one for a while, you might not either. Right now noone holds Geelong, Brisbane or Hawthorn in high esteem because of their 3 flags in quick succession. They're ancient history and the only way long term reputation is earned is through regular premierships across multiple eras ala WC, Sydney, etc. If you start getting pumped for a couple of seasons, the wins will be the aberration, not the norm over several decades of not winning one. In two years time your flags are as relevant as our 2004 flag. Nice to have, nice to not have lived a significant part of your life without 1, but ultimately old news.

As for supporter behavior. We had your supporters wishing ACLs on our players, coming in and talking about Richmond in threads that had nothing to do with them, puffing chests out and demanding to be given the flag in April/ May, Whinging that things weren't going well in Late May and declaring a tainited premiership anyway (but after winning it, its not tainted). I'm not sure I am going to be looking at Richmond supporters on how to be well adjusted people.
My goodness what a terribly insular post! I can assure you that your club and its supporters are not as important as you i directly imply. 1 premiership in a quarter century compared to the juggarnaut of the Sanfl. Play with the big boys and its all talk no walk. Just like your post.

And all this in a thread which was professed to be "satirical"!

Absolute losers of all AFL supporters.

Last edited:
My goodness what a terribly insular post! I can assure you that your club and its supporters are not as important as you imply. 1 premiership in a quarter century compared to the juggarnaut of the Sanfl. Play with the big boys and its all talk no walk. Just like your post.

And all this in a thread which was professed to be light hearted!

Pokemon is serious business!

Bump.

Haven't watched the PF, figured there was no point as we are a certainty to win it by at least 10 goals and anything else would be a sackable offence for many people at the club.

I think with the pressure and hardness around the ball we showed against Geelong, Melbourne won't be able to keep up. Hinkley and Koch haters to be proven wrong and have massive egg on their face. Port by 120.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why a Port Adelaide Premiership in 2021 is a certainty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back