Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

We could have got watts and his salary part paid?

We could have got shakes? (Happy we didn’t because he’s a big chicken)

We could have got jake stringer?

We could have got saad?

I know this kid is quick, but gees, we go rammed without lube.

Wtf is going here? I hope he ends up being another Howe type success story, but FMD, this looks appalling.
We paid roughly pick 50 for him when you add up all the points, still overs

We could have got watts and his salary part paid?

We could have got shakes? (Happy we didn’t because he’s a big chicken)

We could have got jake stringer?

We could have got saad?

I know this kid is quick, but gees, we go rammed without lube.

Wtf is going here? I hope he ends up being another Howe type success story, but FMD, this looks appalling.

Stringer would've been the wildcard I'd have punted on. Saad also worth it in my opinion. But **** it I don't get a say unfortunately.

We paid roughly pick 50 for him when you add up all the points, still overs

We could have acquired a proven footballer using that pick. Pick 50 when you turn into a mathematical equation doesn’t make it any easier for me.

We lost a 2nd round pick in a supposed super draft. Remind me what pick was dayne beams?

Stringer would've been the wildcard I'd have punted on. Saad also worth it in my opinion. But **** it I don't get a say unfortunately.

I was hoping we’d cone in and swoop in stringer. He will absolutely blitz at essendon next year. He strikes me as the type who will make the dogs regret letting him go.

We could have acquired a proven footballer using that pick. Pick 50 when you turn into a mathematical equation doesn’t make it any easier for me.

We lost a 2nd round pick in a supposed super draft. Remind me what pick was dayne beams?
He was pick 29 and Hine still ****ed that up because Daniel Hannebery went the very next pick at 30 and would still be playing with us today and rarely gets injured unlike Beams

At least we did a trade. So many people wail and gnash because we weren't trading.
Hard to please some people.
I was happy not to trade. Happy to stay away from Schache in particular, and happy to keep pick 6. I was also happy to bring in the Murray kid for a swap of picks in about the 6th /7th round. When I heard we gave up a 2018 2nd rounder, I felt sick in the guts. We have established AFL players like Gibson, Aaron Young etc traded for nothing picks. FFS Port picked up Jack Watts for what will end up being cheaper. I've just got home and haven't read any club based media yet, but how on earth they put a positive spin on this while keeping a straight face has got me well and truly stuffed.

At this stage I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. This might be part of a 2-3 year plan. This year we are silent and and plug some small holes. Next year we go bang for Lynch or something. Hopefully next year we look back on 2017 trade period and think "yup, it all makes sense now". Time will tell.

As it stands, Murray is now a Pies player, so all the best to him.

I post once or twice a year

And this trade has upset me enough to voice protest

Why weaken our position when a superdraft is looming

We should have at least tried to off load fringe players like Mayne/Aish/Greenwood, ect for next years picks to take advantage of the draft and clear salary cap space to make a play for Lynch and Sloan

He was pick 29 and Hine still ****ed that up because Daniel Hannebery went the very next pick at 30 and would still be playing with us today and rarely gets injured unlike Beams
Hine ****ed up by picking Dayne Beams at 29 LOL. Dayne Beams won a premiership with us, change the slightest thing & that may not have happened.

Maybe you're angry, but Derek Hine is good at scouting talent. It's not his fault Beams picked up a few injuries post 2012 & wanted to go home. You've got rocks in your head if you think picking Dayne Beams was a mistake. I suppose you also don't rate De Goey because there was someone else after him in the draft haha.

We delist any KPP depth we had and White forced to retire.

So Hine has left us with:

Reid, Dunn, McLarty

Moore, Cox, M.Lynch

Traded Williams for 105 last year to then decide we need more speed in defence so we trade for a 0 game Cat B rookie and somehow manage to throw in our 2nd round pick (we must hate 2nd round picks btw)

While Stringer was cheap, Schache was cheap, Saad was Cheap.

Mayne and Wells deals were horrendous last year.

2 second round picks for Aish (cost more than Schache)

I'm really at a loss at our inept strategy and deal making the last few years.

It would not surprise me one bit if we take Crameri in the PSD to top it all off.

The bar has been set very low for Ned Guy!.. cannot take us backwards any further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I post once or twice a year

And this trade has upset me enough to voice protest

Why weaken our position when a superdraft is looming

We should have at least tried to off load fringe players like Mayne/Aish/Greenwood, ect for next years picks to take advantage of the draft and clear salary cap space to make a play for Lynch and Sloan
Don't you mean it's upset you enough to use an alias?

We delist any KPP depth we had and White forced to retire.

So Hine has left us with:

Reid, Dunn, McLarty

Moore, Cox, M.Lynch

Traded Williams for 105 last year to then decide we need more speed in defence so we trade for a 0 game Cat B rookie and somehow manage to throw in our 2nd round pick (we must hate 2nd round picks btw)

While Stringer was cheap, Schache was cheap, Saad was Cheap.

Mayne and Wells deals were horrendous last year.

2 second round picks for Aish (cost more than Schache)

I'm really at a loss at our inept strategy and deal making the last few years.

It would not surprise me one bit if we take Crameri in the PSD to top it all off.

The bar has been set very low for Ned Guy!.. cannot take us backwards any further.

He think we can win a Team full of short people

Hine ****** up by picking Dayne Beams at 29 LOL. Dayne Beams won a premiership with us, change the slightest thing & that may not have happened.
He did nothing Grand Final day and where was he when we really needed him in 2011? oh yeah injured yet again

Like you wouldn't have Hannebery over of bye bye Beams :rolleyes: LOL

I'm gobsmacked and it's nothing against Sam Murray who might end up being half decent in the end

I expected we'd use a late pick to obtain him, but using a second rounder from what's touted as being a super draft is stupidity at it's finest.

Hine was never suited as a list manager and thankfully he's been removed from that position now. His best work was always identifying strong young talent which he was excellent at doing for the most of the 2000s.

Some Hine "specials" over the last few years

Sier for a second round pick who has not played an AFL game for the club after two years. To be fair not many good players were taken in the draft after Sier.

A 2018 second round pick for Murray, a cat b rookie, a good NEAFL player, that has not played a game of afl.

Just wanna say we got a 2017 4th rounder a future 3rd rounder AND sam murray for our future 2nd......at first i was pissed but he looks ok plus we got 2 picks

Hine was never suited as a list manager and thankfully he's been removed from that position now. His best work was always identifying strong young talent which he was excellent at doing for the most of the 2000s.

Agree. Hine got a Good Rep with his Strong Drafts we had with him in Charge but gone Backwards since he has been list Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back