Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he won't be list manager next year. Back to a recruiter.
He should not even be a recruiter. He is well and truly past his use by date and should have been exited from the club. No wonder I find it difficult to sustain interest in this club.

I was under the false impression we had an inquiry into the football department to prevent the sort of errors of the past regarding trading/drafting for players that won't help us in the longer term, such as Lynch, Armstrong, Young, Russell and White. A second round draft pick next year could well equate to a pick in the low twenties and we find ourselves giving it away to an untried rookie, who is admittedly quick, but has issues with his kicking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we already have a number of players with suspect kicking? Why add another one??

Really,it's a long time since he's done anything significant on the recruiting or trading front.He's been living off his reputation for a long time,and now the chickens are coming home to roost.It's time to move him on before he does any more damage to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have sacked him as list manager. But as per usual Eddie the Eagle can't make the hard call and just fire him and tries to get him to go back to 'talent' spotting. Any businessman knows you can't keep people around who have been demoted, you actually have to fire them, on the spot!!!!

But the Eagles is not even a businessmans a hole, hence the stupid decisions that keep being made eg Lets get Gubby on the sly and shat Balmey. He will be happy with a lesser role. How'd that work out Eddie you ****wit. Not only cost us Balme but landed Mayne.

At least we did a trade. So many people wail and gnash because we weren't trading.
Hard to please some people.

Lol.

So because people wanted us to actually do something in the period designed to improve your list/draft position, people cannot be unhappy when we again constantly get reamed at the trade table?

Lol.

So because people wanted us to actually do something in the period designed to improve your list/draft position, people cannot be unhappy when we again constantly get reamed at the trade table?

People wanted things done just for the sake of doing something. Sometimes it's better to sit on your hands.

But people are hard to please.

People wanted things done just for the sake of doing something. Sometimes it's better to sit on your hands.

But people are hard to please.

Yes, Collingwood fans not wanting our club to get bent over without lube in the trade period is us being very hard to please, we're so demanding aren't we :rolleyes:.

In reality, any of clubs in the AFL would've said "We'll give you a 3rd rounder for your rookie otherwise he can walk to us in the rookie draft, take it or leave it" and Sydney would've reluctantly agreed in the 11th hour because the player wanted out.

Now instead of losing pick 60 or whatever we will probably be giving pick 21-22 in one of the best recent drafts.... So hard to please :$

Yes, Collingwood fans not wanting our club to get bent over without lube in the trade period is us being very hard to please, we're so demanding aren't we :rolleyes:.

In reality, any of clubs in the AFL would've said "We'll give you a 3rd rounder for your rookie otherwise he can walk to us in the rookie draft, take it or leave it" and Sydney would've reluctantly agreed in the 11th hour because the player wanted out.

Now instead of losing pick 60 or whatever we will probably be giving pick 21-22 in one of the best recent drafts.... So hard to please :$

Don't whinge at me I agree. Whinge at the people that just had to have a trade. Any trade. Because it's trade week.
As I said sitting on your hands isn't good enough for some people.

We could have got watts and his salary part paid?

We could have got shakes? (Happy we didn’t because he’s a big chicken)

We could have got jake stringer?

We could have got saad?

I know this kid is quick, but gees, we go rammed without lube.

Wtf is going here? I hope he ends up being another Howe type success story, but FMD, this looks appalling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back