Banter Why do you hate Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Despise those pricks in the Navy blue.

Lying farcs had the nerve to stand up and declare that we had cheated to win a flag, when they were rorting the system to the tune of nearly $1million, and that is only the money we know about. There was so much being paid that it nearly bankrupted the club. Thought that money could buy anything, and Pratt (now there's an apt name), rode in on his white farcing horse, and made it alright for them to continue to cheat the system . He cheated to make his fortune at Visy, and had so much money behind him that even the AFL baulked at trying to stop his blatant corruption of the system by paying Judd exorbitant sums of money for nothing, just so he could play for Carlton.

Robert Walls

Greg Williams

John Elliott

Wish they would all drown in their own piss and greed. Filthy cheating mongrels who should have been booted out of the competition. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would have made me happier than to see them go into receivership and fold. The club is so on the nose it makes a Durian smell like the sweetest flower on the planet. I don't hate Carlton, I loathe them, probably beyond reason, but I don't care. I rank the club right up there with kiddy fiddlers and rapists, farc them all.

0.jpg

They stink and i hate em.

Robert Walls
David Rhys-Jones
Greg Williams
Mil Hanna
Earl Spalding
Lance Whitnall
Brent Heaver
Brad Matthew Hogg
Fraser Brown

There's a few of the reasons I hate Carlton. I don't find so many of their players hateable now, but I still hate the club with passion. 99 will always burn, but I hated them well before that game.

EDIT: Apologies to Brad Hogg... let's try Matthew. I hope he's still getting the taste of the MCG goalsquare out of his mouth after the Chris Daniher fend off in the 1993 GF.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let's hope we don't have a let down after such a great win yesterday

we are probably a 7 goal better side than them at least at the moment. let's hope we play well and give them a nice hiding, like they deserve

Here's a reason

984px-Carlton_FC_logo.svg.png

I will now take a 1 week ban for posting inappropriate images

look im not tin foil hat wearer.. but have you actually looked at the emblem, like really looked at it?

those things, around the outside that look like a wreath? clearly brown paper bags, to the trained eye. one for every under the table deal.
the number 1864 in numeroligy has connotations with the devil

always more than meets the eye.

I hate them because they are not a real club like us. We get kids in and develop them into the footballers that carry our club to premierships. They galavant around the country with cash from rich backers and buy up players.

A good stat was how few B&Fs were won at their club by players who arrived at the club under 21.

It's funny that that culture is what makes them so shit now. They just can't go and get kids who aren't a pick 1 and turn them into players.

Shit club.

Respect any team playing good footy. Don't really hate any opposition. But if I had to make an order of teams I like to see win, Carlton would be down low. (soory inappropriate post for this thread.)

As you have indicated a stated preference for logical discussion I will ignore the gratuities and deal with your "argument". You say, undoubtedly with history on your side, that once upon a time Carlton were "raging hot favourites" against Essedon and lost. You say there was some lesson that ought to have been "learnt" from this past surprising loss.

You do not specifically state what the lesson is but presumably something along the lines of "Carlton supporters should never think that the Blues might thrash Ess". To state your implied "lesson" is to ridicule it. Any predictive statement from the highly probable "Carlton will win by 50 points or more" down to the highly improbable "Essedon will beat Carlton" might, or might not, happen. In each instance it is one person's "best guess". No one pretends a "guess" is some sort of mathematical proof. Hence, no one is "proved wrong" by the fact that the guessed result is incorrect.

A useful example of this (from your point of view) is the 1999 preliminary final. No Essedon supporter was "proved wrong" in their estimate that the bombers were the best team that year. That Carlton won by a point does not disprove the estimate - one I agreed with at the time and still do. The better side does not always win, even if they are significantly better.

Finally, the unhappy occasion you recall with evident pleasure (keep sucking on it I say) is counterbalanced by more recent events (like the last 2 times our sides played) in which, were there to be "a lesson" for Carlton supporters to learn, it would be to enjoy watching the match expecting a decent flogging of the bombers.

**** carlton the ****ing cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Why do you hate Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back