Banter Why do you hate Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with all the preceding, let me add, the scum have no boundaries. Early 90's on the wing, MCG, AFL members standing room, the mob of scum rednecks are not content with hammering Wanganeen (as expected)with all the racial spite they can muster, but then turn on their own and abuse and humiliate any player on the ground wearing navy blue with any hint of an ethnic background. Contemptible blue scum.

Well Bombers supporters, it goes both ways.
You loathe us as much as we loathe you and that is why its the best rivalry
May the best team (Carlton) win.:D

Don’t joke, I’m sure they have a sponsor who is trying to illegally monopolise the toilet paper market as we speak.

no doubt Judd will be the frontrunner :thumbsdown:

'Soon to be released...Juddex three-ply'

(cos nothing's as pure as wiping your arse with Judd :eek:)

I :heart: Howard Moon

They ran their club into the ground making it flat broke and needed to be bailed out by a sugar daddy, they were turned into bottom feeders who sold their souls with pale blue jumpers and the like.

Classic, I ****en loathe the cheating sellout scum because they blew all their cash away and then put their filthy hands out begging for cash.

Also their fans forget how many times this pathetic excuse for a club got systematically pumped every week for about 3 years after cheating the salary cap. Boy was that sweet.

Id give away my house to ensure this scumbag team never won a flag again.

If you read carefully, you will notice we weren't fined for breaching the salary cap in our premiership year, whereas you guys systematically cheated to win the 1993 flag.

Actually, '93 is excluded from our breaches. TD and Madden had retired the year before.

By the same token, Greg Williams and the ATO circa '95 is an amusing little subplot.

At any rate you've ultimately been able to reap benefits from being punished for your breach of the cap, which is pretty much par for the course when it comes to the CFC.

Actually, 1993 was not a year in which Essendon were fined for breaching the cap in. "93-96" is a common misconception printed in the media.

The official announcement from the AFL noted that it was 92 and 94-96.

This has already been covered off many times on BigFooty, so would appreciate if you coul do your research first. Cheers.

441613-worst-jumper.jpg

Could you imagine us whoring our heritage out for money?

At any rate you've ultimately been able to reap benefits from being punished for your breach of the cap, which is pretty much par for the course when it comes to the CFC.

So Carlton have made a positive out of a negative and this is the culture of the CFC. Is there something wrong with this approach or are you just expressing contrarian admiration for the Blues?

So Carlton have made a positive out of a negative and this is the culture of the CFC.

Perhaps.

You've also desecreated some club records in the process which is distinctly un-CFC-like, so there's some solace to be taken from that.

It's all very convenient and beautifully timed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or is the Carlscumtank board the worst board on Bigfooty? I mean there is no respect given to logical discussions, they have the tough posters that sit behind the protection of their board and abuse our posters for no good reason. (40yrblue a pussy behind the wall). It is like a vacuum going over there. Never going back. Very disappointed that 9 out of 10 of those idiots are disrespectful morons. Wish there were more Harkers going around.

Only a few years ago we had the exact same situation. Carlscum raging hot favourites and they all thought they'd win by 1000pts during the week yet on actual game day we got the chocolates. If they haven't learnt from that which obviously they haven't, then they will never learn.

Worst "supporters" in the league. Most of them anyway.

As you have indicated a stated preference for logical discussion I will ignore the gratuities and deal with your "argument". You say, undoubtedly with history on your side, that once upon a time Carlton were "raging hot favourites" against Essedon and lost. You say there was some lesson that ought to have been "learnt" from this past surprising loss.

You do not specifically state what the lesson is but presumably something along the lines of "Carlton supporters should never think that the Blues might thrash Ess". To state your implied "lesson" is to ridicule it. Any predictive statement from the highly probable "Carlton will win by 50 points or more" down to the highly improbable "Essedon will beat Carlton" might, or might not, happen. In each instance it is one person's "best guess". No one pretends a "guess" is some sort of mathematical proof. Hence, no one is "proved wrong" by the fact that the guessed result is incorrect.

A useful example of this (from your point of view) is the 1999 preliminary final. No Essedon supporter was "proved wrong" in their estimate that the bombers were the best team that year. That Carlton won by a point does not disprove the estimate - one I agreed with at the time and still do. The better side does not always win, even if they are significantly better.

Finally, the unhappy occasion you recall with evident pleasure (keep sucking on it I say) is counterbalanced by more recent events (like the last 2 times our sides played) in which, were there to be "a lesson" for Carlton supporters to learn, it would be to enjoy watching the match expecting a decent flogging of the bombers.

I actually find their supporters at games far more annoying than on BigFooty.

This. A thousand times this.

BigFooty =/= Football culture.

There's always a high wattage of w***ers in Richmond and Carlton crowds. Skews towards toffee-nosed prats for Melbourne, and to the other end of the scale we get brain dead boganosity from Collingwood, with the hilarious yuppy culture of Hawthorn inbetween (who are also the most absuive towards their own club and players that I've heard outside of Essendon).

But for garden variety w***ers, can't go past Carlton and to a lesser degree Richmond. I went to the Rd 1 game and never have I been more repulsed at a football game. Had to retreat to neutral territory at half time.

i hate judd i hate carlton i hate all the players i hate their faces i hate the guernseys i hate the unoriginal name we are blue so we will be called the blues i hate the membership slogans always i am carlton or whatever it is they know we are coming can you smell what the blues are cooking i hate the supporters

im sure there's more but cant think of it

As you have indicated a stated preference for logical discussion I will ignore the gratuities and deal with your "argument". You say, undoubtedly with history on your side, that once upon a time Carlton were "raging hot favourites" against Essedon and lost. You say there was some lesson that ought to have been "learnt" from this past surprising loss.

You do not specifically state what the lesson is but presumably something along the lines of "Carlton supporters should never think that the Blues might thrash Ess". To state your implied "lesson" is to ridicule it. Any predictive statement from the highly probable "Carlton will win by 50 points or more" down to the highly improbable "Essedon will beat Carlton" might, or might not, happen. In each instance it is one person's "best guess". No one pretends a "guess" is some sort of mathematical proof. Hence, no one is "proved wrong" by the fact that the guessed result is incorrect.

A useful example of this (from your point of view) is the 1999 preliminary final. No Essedon supporter was "proved wrong" in their estimate that the bombers were the best team that year. That Carlton won by a point does not disprove the estimate - one I agreed with at the time and still do. The better side does not always win, even if they are significantly better.

Finally, the unhappy occasion you recall with evident pleasure (keep sucking on it I say) is counterbalanced by more recent events (like the last 2 times our sides played) in which, were there to be "a lesson" for Carlton supporters to learn, it would be to enjoy watching the match expecting a decent flogging of the bombers.

You should be in a lecture theatre and not waisting my time.

Im not relaying in messages or the like, just stating that over on your board most of you carry on like a bunch of arrogant tossers making respectful discussion nearly impossible and going on past matches anything can happen. Pretty simple i would've thought and before you go on another scientific explanation, im not interested.

And I thought I spent far too much time pulling apart and deconstructing trash talk while in turn producing reams of pretentious drivel for shits and giggles. Well done sir.

This. A thousand times this.

BigFooty =/= Football culture.

There's always a high wattage of w***ers in Richmond and Carlton crowds. Skews towards toffee-nosed prats for Melbourne, and to the other end of the scale we get brain dead boganosity from Collingwood, with the hilarious yuppy culture of Hawthorn inbetween (who are also the most absuive towards their own club and players that I've heard outside of Essendon).

But for garden variety w***ers, can't go past Carlton and to a lesser degree Richmond. I went to the Rd 1 game and never have I been more repulsed at a football game. Had to retreat to neutral territory at half time.
It'd be inappropriate for me to verbalise my genuine thoughts on Carlton supporters (the ones at games, at least).

Just the most obnoxious type of person, is all I can say.

How much less fun would football be, though, without us? :D Someone has to be the bad guys, and we play that role well.

I mean, I genuinely and completely hate Essendon, but I *enjoy* hating Essendon. I need Essendon there to hate.

Much better to be hated than "meh".

Does it mean you can't have a conversation without the condescending tones and attitude?

Hatred is what good rivals are all about, but if you can't talk to each other then what is the point?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Why do you hate Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back