Why do you hate Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
A simple question, but the answers it evokes may not be simple. It's just always intriguing to hear from supporters of every club, every week 'we hate your mob', and to hear it with such passion and vigour means it ain't just a throw away line. Would just be interesting to hear. Hopefully it's not as basic as 'your fans are feral' - what makes us feral? Any experiences, or just going on popular opinion?

One for sides such as the Crows/Dockers/Eagles (though we have some recent finals history with the Eagles), if you hate us, why? It's not like we have any real history with you - how can you hate what you don't have much history with? Enlighten me.

I am yet to go to a game where I can sit next to a Collingwood supporter and walk away at the end of the game and say 'what a nice guy/girl'.

With nearly every other club I've gone to games and can say I've had a good chat with an opposition supporter about the game, the umpires, the future of the clubs etc. But at Collingwood games I've found I've only ever sat near foul mouthed pigs.

I know there's some great Maggies fans out there, and I personally known a couple, but at the game I've found Magpie supporters are far more rude, abrasive and more likely to jump to conclusions.

Hawthorn is the exception to the rule. Yet to meet a decent Hawks fan at a game.

I am yet to go to a game where I can sit next to a Collingwood supporter and walk away at the end of the game and say 'what a nice guy/girl'?

With every other club I've gone to games and can say I've had a good chat with an opposition supporter about the game, the umpires, the future of the clubs etc. But at Collingwood games I've found I've only ever sat near foul mouthed pigs.

I know there's some great Maggies fans out there, and I personally known a couple, but at the game I've found Magpie supporters are far more rude, abrasive and more likely to jump to conclusions.
This. THey are scum suckers.

1. dale 'the smug bastard' thomas

2. you guys always beat us

not my most hated but i don't exactly like you guys

It amazes me you have to ask the question :confused:
Check out the majority of your supporter base, therein lies your answer add to that the type of culture your club has.

Guys like yourself are so good at defining our stereotype. I'm glad you answered. They say you can't always make good judgment without perspective. And perspective you have. I think?!

Elaborate on the bolded part of your post, ifucan kthx.:thumbsu::)

I am yet to go to a game where I can sit next to a Collingwood supporter and walk away at the end of the game and say 'what a nice guy/girl'?

With nearly every other club I've gone to games and can say I've had a good chat with an opposition supporter about the game, the umpires, the future of the clubs etc. But at Collingwood games I've found I've only ever sat near foul mouthed pigs.

Hawthorn is the exception to the rule. Yet to meet a decent Hawks fan at a game.

What he said. I go to the footy with my kids and find I have to seriously avoid groups of collingwood supporters.

I have some good mates who are pies supporters who are great blokes who know thier footy. The club just have a greater scumbag ratio in thier supporter base and they are a worse type of scumbag.

Collingwood would have a massively disproportionate amount of criminals in thier supporter base.

Guys like yourself are so good at defining our stereotype. I'm glad you answered. They say you can't always make good judgment without perspective. And perspective you have. I think?!

Elaborate on the bolded part of your post, ifucan kthx.:thumbsu::)

glad to help...
Ryan Cook of Collingwood is investigated for an alleged assault of a man causing facial injuries requiring surgery.

Sharrod Wellingham, a Collingwood rookie, was charged with drink-driving having recorded a blood alcohol content reading of 0.13,
he lost his licence for a year. Collingwood announced they were cutting ties with the TAC sponsorship shortly after. It was the
third serious traffic infringement for a Collingwood player during the period of the safe driving sponsorship.

On August 3, 2008 Collingwood's Heath Shaw was arrested for drink driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.14 after crashing his
car into two parked cars. The following day, Collingwood's President Eddie McGuire said that Collingwood wouldn't suspend Shaw
from playing. It later became known that Shaw, club captain Scott Burns and McGuire were incorrect in regards to insisting
that Collingwood player Alan Didak wasn't in the car at the time of the accident. Collingwood suspended Heath Shaw indefintely
and Didak for the remainder of the season for lying to the club; Rhyce Shaw was suspended for two matches for drinking whilst injured.

Brodie Holland was fined $2,500 for his role in a fight with a young woman over a taxi cab. After Hollands
fiancee was involved in a scuffle with the woman, Holland approached calling the woman a "stupid ****"
before trying to tackle her, placing her in a headlock after which she bit him on the stomach, before striking
her in the head with his fist. His court appearance was pushed back on two occasions so not to clash with his
football commitments; once he faced court no conviction was recorded and no punishment handed out from his club, Collingwood.

Alan Didak was questioned by police in June over his acquaintance with Christopher Wayne Hudson, who Didak drank with at 4am in a strip
club before a wild ride in the week before the CBD shootings

Brodie Holland is charged with assaulting two women out the front of a Melbourne nightclub

Dane Swan, Aaron Ramsay and Kade Carey were found guilty of criminal damage and assault charges arising from
a brawl at Federation Square where they attacked a cleaner and three security guards after Carey jumped on a parked car."At one point Mr Celano was on the ground being punched and kicked by Swan, Carey and Ramsay, the QC said, and he was also hit with a Maglite torch. "

Chad Morrison was caught drink-driving and loses his licence. Collingwood is sponsored by the
Transport Accident Commission which fined the club $200,000, and fined Morrison $20,000.

Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson, of Collingwood, were investigated over a brawl at a Port Melbourne nightclub
carpark on July 30, where a 28 year-old man is rendered unconscious and brought to hospital with facial
injuries.Both players are fined $5,000 by their club for breaking a 1am curfew. This brought the number
of Collingwood footballers to be charged or questioned by police in 2006 to five.Club President Eddie
McGuire condemned the players' behaviour but refused to suggest they would be suspended. Johnson appeared
before a magistrate charged with recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault but avoided conviction.

Alan Didak, of Collingwood, was arrested after a dispute with a taxi driver on October
6, 2006.It was reported that he disputed a $15 fare difference with taxi driver, and was
taken to the Melbourne Custody Centre to sober up, before being released. The club confirmed this in an official statement.

Collingwood players Chris Egan, Leon Davis and Shannon Cox were all suspended for breaking team rules.

Alan Didak was fined $1,500 for giving the Fremantle cheer squad the "double finger" at Subiaco in Round 7.

Cameron Cloke of Collingwood was caught doing 144 km/h in a 100km/h zone

In a July match against Geelong, Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley sustained a cut on his forehead. He wiped the blood on Cameron Ling's guernsey, and suspension talks ensued

Collingwood player Chris Tarrant was fined for careless and unlicensed driving

not a very good culture , would you think ?
Hope that helps mate.

I hate the fact that Collingwood think they are a "successful club" they've been as successful as the Saints and the Dogs over the past half a century. Collingwood supporters think they're part of something big and great, like Man Unt or Real Madrid...pull your heads in Collingwood fans big clubs win trophies! I think Collingwood are the Andy Roddick of the AFL, big name, big game, wins nothing! Actually thats an insult to Andy Roddick as he's at least won a few trophies over the past twenty years. Straight sets again you muppets!

Genuine cb with going to Wikipedia, but isn't this all a case of pots, kettles and the colour black? Ball's in your court there. Would think things are pretty even, all up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine cb with going to Wikipedia, but isn't this all a case of pots, kettles and the colour black? Ball's in your court there. Would think things are pretty even, all up.

:confused: You asked why I thought your club had a poor culture and I did my best to explain why and you respond with that ?
You have asked the questions and you are getting the answers, if you don't like them, don't ask.
Cheers.

this.
guttertrash-1.jpg

end thread

:confused: You asked why I thought your club had a poor culture and I did my best to explain why and you respond with that ?
You have asked the questions and you are getting the answers, if you don't like them, don't ask.
Cheers.

Fair call, but I don't understand why you would hate us with that as part of your reasoning, yet it's hardly as if your own club is overly different (wouldn't call your record unblemished)? Just find that interesting. And no doubt that goes for a lot of clubs (lol didak/shaw/tarrant = culture, when they, too, have players with poor records, if not worse than many of the Pies players).

glad to help...
Ryan Cook of Collingwood is investigated for an alleged assault of a man causing facial injuries requiring surgery.

Sharrod Wellingham, a Collingwood rookie, was charged with drink-driving having recorded a blood alcohol content reading of 0.13,
he lost his licence for a year. Collingwood announced they were cutting ties with the TAC sponsorship shortly after. It was the
third serious traffic infringement for a Collingwood player during the period of the safe driving sponsorship.

On August 3, 2008 Collingwood's Heath Shaw was arrested for drink driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.14 after crashing his
car into two parked cars. The following day, Collingwood's President Eddie McGuire said that Collingwood wouldn't suspend Shaw
from playing. It later became known that Shaw, club captain Scott Burns and McGuire were incorrect in regards to insisting
that Collingwood player Alan Didak wasn't in the car at the time of the accident. Collingwood suspended Heath Shaw indefintely
and Didak for the remainder of the season for lying to the club; Rhyce Shaw was suspended for two matches for drinking whilst injured.

Brodie Holland was fined $2,500 for his role in a fight with a young woman over a taxi cab. After Hollands
fiancee was involved in a scuffle with the woman, Holland approached calling the woman a "stupid ****"
before trying to tackle her, placing her in a headlock after which she bit him on the stomach, before striking
her in the head with his fist. His court appearance was pushed back on two occasions so not to clash with his
football commitments; once he faced court no conviction was recorded and no punishment handed out from his club, Collingwood.

Alan Didak was questioned by police in June over his acquaintance with Christopher Wayne Hudson, who Didak drank with at 4am in a strip
club before a wild ride in the week before the CBD shootings

Brodie Holland is charged with assaulting two women out the front of a Melbourne nightclub

Dane Swan, Aaron Ramsay and Kade Carey were found guilty of criminal damage and assault charges arising from
a brawl at Federation Square where they attacked a cleaner and three security guards after Carey jumped on a parked car."At one point Mr Celano was on the ground being punched and kicked by Swan, Carey and Ramsay, the QC said, and he was also hit with a Maglite torch. "

Chad Morrison was caught drink-driving and loses his licence. Collingwood is sponsored by the
Transport Accident Commission which fined the club $200,000, and fined Morrison $20,000.

Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson, of Collingwood, were investigated over a brawl at a Port Melbourne nightclub
carpark on July 30, where a 28 year-old man is rendered unconscious and brought to hospital with facial
injuries.Both players are fined $5,000 by their club for breaking a 1am curfew. This brought the number
of Collingwood footballers to be charged or questioned by police in 2006 to five.Club President Eddie
McGuire condemned the players' behaviour but refused to suggest they would be suspended. Johnson appeared
before a magistrate charged with recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault but avoided conviction.

Alan Didak, of Collingwood, was arrested after a dispute with a taxi driver on October
6, 2006.It was reported that he disputed a $15 fare difference with taxi driver, and was
taken to the Melbourne Custody Centre to sober up, before being released. The club confirmed this in an official statement.

Collingwood players Chris Egan, Leon Davis and Shannon Cox were all suspended for breaking team rules.

Alan Didak was fined $1,500 for giving the Fremantle cheer squad the "double finger" at Subiaco in Round 7.

Cameron Cloke of Collingwood was caught doing 144 km/h in a 100km/h zone

In a July match against Geelong, Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley sustained a cut on his forehead. He wiped the blood on Cameron Ling's guernsey, and suspension talks ensued

Collingwood player Chris Tarrant was fined for careless and unlicensed driving

not a very good culture , would you think ?
Hope that helps mate.

All that and i still can't find the word 'rape' :)

I hate the fact that Collingwood think they are a "successful club" !

I quite like that :thumbsu:

I also like how they value crowd numbers over 4 points, it helps stop them becoming successful again

Collingwood people love to be hated by other supporters, but the fact is that most of that hate is from the older generation, Collingwood for the new generation of supporters is just another club, they haven't really given the younger supporters any reason to be hated more than other clubs, they like to think everyone hates them, but in truth, they're becoming less relevant in this regard each year.
Hell, go back 3 or 4 years on BF and the Collingwood "hate" was strong, now they're just another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you hate Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back