VFL Wildcard Round v Williamstown, Sunday August 25, 12:00pm AEST, DSV Stadium - Live On 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Wildcard Round, Williamstown v Richmond VFL, Sunday August 25, 12:00pm AEST, DSV Stadium

BacksMutaz El Nour57Jacob Blight51Thomas Brindley61
Half-BacksChad Harris54Kaleb Smith49James Trezise36
CentreAustin Johnson70Thomson Dow27Liam George67
Half-ForwardsMatthew Coulthard26Lachlan Wilson82Noah Cumberland38
ForwardsLiam Fawcett37Sam Davidson73Archie May71
FollowersSamson Ryan32Tyler Sonsie40Joel Garner53
InterchangeTom McCarthy76Harry Scott74Mohammad Yassine65
Nicholas Collier81Oliver Hayes-Brown47
EMGRy Cantwell68Josh Pollocks79Harrison White56
Nick Girolami59
IN: Jacob Blight, James Trezise, Matthew Coulthard, Joel Garner, Harry Scott

OUT: Marlion Pickett (AFL recall), Maurice Rioli Jr. (AFL recall), Kane McAuliffe, Nick Guiney (injured), Harvey Langford (Dandenong Stingrays)

Our forward line ❤️

Fawcett Davo May

I’d like to see those 3 in our seniors next year

If your AFL team is playing then any listed AFL player can play VFL this week. This is information I found :

Any AFL listed player can play in the VFL as long as their senior team is still active and playing that weekend. The presumption is that nobody would stack their VFL side with players on purpose when their AFL side has finals to play.

In the bye week before the finals, and if the team earns a bye in the second week of finals by winning a qualifying final, otherwise ineligible senior listed players would only be eligible to if they did not play in the AFL side's previous game.

Next week rules change for us:

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals

If your AFL team is playing then any listed AFL player can play VFL this week. This is information I found :

Any AFL listed player can play in the VFL as long as their senior team is still active and playing that weekend. The presumption is that nobody would stack their VFL side with players on purpose when their AFL side has finals to play.

In the bye week before the finals, and if the team earns a bye in the second week of finals by winning a qualifying final, otherwise ineligible senior listed players would only be eligible to if they did not play in the AFL side's previous game.

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals
Wonder which senior players that would rule out?

Min 6 vfl games…max 12 afl…

Both Dow and sons played more than 12 afl games…they go out

Last edited:
Wonder which senior players that would rule out?

Min 6 vfl games…max 12 afl…

Both Dow and sons played more than 12 afl games…they go out
correct, no dow or sonsie

so it's gonna be mcauliffe as our only afl mid I think, assuming he's playing..

the only person in our current afl team that's eligible to drop down is bauer

mrj, pickett, ross all haven't played more than 12 afl games, but don't meet the 6 vfl game minimum (guessing they don't care about injuries)

also if we somehow make the grand final & campbell gray is fit, idk how he'd count since he's played more than 6 vfl games but only 4(?) with the tigers

so our potential vfl finals team is the current listed squad, minus dow&sonsie, with bauer&mcauliffe added (and potentially gray if we make gf)

oh, also no fawcett cos less than 6 games so that's another gone

Last edited:
Going to be an interesting watch considering possible tornadoes forecast tomorrow.
The ball might end up on the other side of the bay.

Last year in finals some AFL listed players who had played 3 & 4 VFL games were allowed to play finals for clubs whose AFL team had been eliminated. I am pretty sure Maurice Rioli and Fawcett will be allowed to play if we progress past today.

Last year in finals some AFL listed players who had played 3 & 4 VFL games were allowed to play finals for clubs whose AFL team had been eliminated. I am pretty sure Maurice Rioli and Fawcett will be allowed to play if we progress past today.
Does that mean we can play Lynch? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Wildcard Round v Williamstown, Sunday August 25, 12:00pm AEST, DSV Stadium - Live On 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back