Will Collingwood win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be flying under the radar this year. Despite having a few injury concerns, they have been travelling along nicely in the last month. They aren't the juggernaut of 2010 and 2011, but are looking in great shape so far.

Sure, they had a slow start to the season, but they appear to be hitting their straps as seen in tonight's demolition of Brisbane at the Gabba. Didak should return to his best, and they still have Darren Jolly, Chris Tarrant and Dale Thomas to return to the side, plus they may get back Ben Johnson, Brent Macaffer and Andrew Krakouer in time for the finals.

Despite Luke Ball being unable to play again this year, the Pies seem to have his position covered, and despite the Pies possibly losing Nathan Brown for the season tonight, they nearly won the flag last year with Brown out injured all year.

If Collingwood can get a good run with injuries for the rest of the season, and can field anywhere near a full team in the finals, then I have no doubt that they will win the flag.

Your thoughts?
They seem to be flying under the radar this year. Despite having a few injury concerns, they have been travelling along nicely in the last month. They aren't the juggernaut of 2010 and 2011, but are looking in great shape so far.

Sure, they had a slow start to the season, but they appear to be hitting their straps as seen in tonight's demolition of Brisbane at the Gabba. Didak should return to his best, and they still have Darren Jolly, Chris Tarrant and Dale Thomas to return to the side, plus they may get back Ben Johnson, Brent Macaffer and Andrew Krakouer in time for the finals.

Despite Luke Ball being unable to play again this year, the Pies seem to have his position covered, and despite the Pies possibly losing Nathan Brown for the season tonight, they nearly won the flag last year with Brown out injured all year.

If Collingwood can get a good run with injuries for the rest of the season, and can field anywhere near a full team in the finals, then I have no doubt that they will win the flag.

Your thoughts?

If Colingwood and West Coast are the two best teams and after watching yesterday's game they don't compare to great Geelong team of the past 5 years.

If Colingwood and West Coast are the two best teams and after watching yesterday's game they don't compare to great Geelong team of the past 5 years.
Agreed. Though I don't think we are the two best teams...

Both teams wont play their best until round 18-end of the year.
I hope you're right, but realistically, we still won't be at our best by round 18 (LeCras aside)..

Some of the tripe in this thread is unbelievable - "won't play their best football until end of season", "won't want to play us in rd 22", "want to hope we are not playing for a top spot", "we will smash you rd 22".

You boys should focus on the really important stuff like finishing your homework

They looked this good at the same time last year but faded late in the year.

A lot can happen between now and September.

We looked far better this time last year, than we do now. Have you got a short memory?

I reckon we are just plodding at the moment. Seems that Bucks has planned the build up beautifully. Even he would be happy with a 10-2 result. He would have been hoping for an 8-4 result to this point, particularly with the injuries that have routed the club to this point.

But others have stepped up and we find ourselves where we are now. I also get the feeling West Coast are in the same boat. They will also be better come the pointy end!!

There was never an aura of invincibility so neither team had anything to prove last night in that respect.
Rest easy champ, you have a very good side that will trouble any one that they play come September. If I was you, I'd be getting nervous if the players are as cocky as you are. I wouldn't be getting cocky about Subi either. Collingwood, Hawthorn and maybe even Adelaide could smack you around on your own turf.
If I may indulge and be one eyed for a sec, you'd better hope that the Pies don't have to win that game in round 22 to get a home final.

more nervous about sydney than collingwood, hawthorn or adelaide to be honest

How many teams this year have been premiership favourites? 10
Predict before the end of the season the media will jump on at least one new team and rediscover a few more.
WCE, Pies, Hawks and Adelaide are all possible top four sides and a few other teams could make it.

more nervous about sydney than collingwood, hawthorn or adelaide to be honest
Yeah fair enough, as they were the last team to beat us here
But I'm still quietly confident (about that game anyway) :)

Predict before the end of the season the media will jump on at least one new team and rediscover a few more.
WCE, Pies, Hawks and Adelaide are all possible top four sides and a few other teams could make it.
Out of interest, which 10?
Off the top of my head- Geel, Carlton, Pies, Hawks, Eagles (if you count equal favourite)
Adelaide have never been premiership favourites this year? Nor have Sydney or Essendon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There won't be another flag favourite this year.

Hawthorn only remain at the top of the bookies list because of all the people loading up on them in the pre season.

The flag is Collingwood's to lose. Their Grand Final opponent will be either West Coast or Hawthorn.

The only team to come clos to beating the Weagles with a near full strength side and on thier home turf was the Hawks..
They havent had their best key forward JK since thier win over the Tigers.
The Bombers and Pies both played the Weagles in Melbourne and with out JK playing so until a team beats them with their full list including JK then i still think they are ones to beat on GF day..

The only team to come clos to beating the Weagles with a near full strength side and on thier home turf was the Hawks..
They havent had their best key forward JK since thier win over the Tigers.
The Bombers and Pies both played the Weagles in Melbourne and with out JK playing so until a team beats them with their full list including JK then i still think they are ones to beat on GF day..

The full list is the one you put on the park every week. Excuses are for losers.

If Collingwood end up being the best team this year and win the flag then comparisons with Geelongs greatest ever side may begin to be discussed. Until a team has 2 flags I agree, no comparisons should be made

If Collingwood end up being the best team this year and win the flag then comparisons with Geelongs greatest ever side may begin to be discussed. Until a team has 2 flags I agree, no comparisons should be made
You need to win 3 flags in order to be compared with Cats. only after last year could geelong be compared with brisbane of 01-03.

There won't be another flag favourite this year.

Hawthorn only remain at the top of the bookies list because of all the people loading up on them in the pre season.

The flag is Collingwood's to lose. Their Grand Final opponent will be either West Coast or Hawthorn.

2005 was Adelaide's to lose. 2008 was Geelongs to lose. Saints 2009. Pies 2011. Guess what all those sides who had the "flag to lose" have in common?

yep, same one running around in god mode at the moment

yeah nice one u deluded donkey, god mode wins by 3 points

you have pendles, tarrant, johnson and keefe out (dont count ball)

they have kennedy, embley, schofield and nicoski out (dont count lecras)

i'd say their outs are bigger than yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back