Player Watch Will Hamill - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow really struggling to get excited about this pick or group of picks after having so much hope with all our picks .
Not answered any of our future needs in size as KPP or outside run or even a future ruckman.

Wow really struggling to get excited about this pick or group of picks after having so much hope with all our picks .
Not answered any of our future needs in size as KPP or outside run or even a future ruckman.
???
All the players we drafted were endurance machines with pace. The very definition of answering the need of outside run.

180327181555-mark-hamill-thumbs-up-super-tease.jpg

Beat me to it

Hamill will be a great player to watch I think; I’m sad we missed on Sparrow though.

A hard as nails, SA midfielder would’ve been a great accompaniment to Jones and McHenry.

He couldn't possibly kick 3 against us in a granny could he? Hamish seems to like blokes who have scope which from what I've heard/read Valente doesn't have as much as Hamill.

Graham averaged 13 disposals and kicked 6 goals for the year in 2018 (in 18 games).
Fair to say he's Richmond's Aaron Keating. we didn't miss out on anything.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks - Hamill is one that I haven’t seen much of. Your thoughts?
Needs to work on his slight frame but he's very quick, runs all day, excellent overhead and close to the best kick in the draft, lacks nothing in the courage department either, even though slight at this point he puts his body on the line and goes hard. Ticks a lot of the boxes.

Needs to work on his slight frame but he's very quick, runs all day, excellent overhead and close to the best kick in the draft, lacks nothing in the courage department either, even though slight at this point he puts his body on the line and goes hard. Ticks a lot of the boxes.

Very nice. Slight frames can be overcome in 2 years. I’m liking the emphasis we have placed on endurance in this draft. Two way runners have never been our strength :)

The one thing that I have a concern with Hamill is his lack of accumulation, only got 14 disposals a game at TAC level this year

Mind you, I had the same query over Ed Richards last year and look how he proved me wrong

Yeah his speed and kicking is close to the best in the draft, great overhead mark too. He’ll need to put on size but that shouldn’t be a problem with his frame

Reminds me of Kade Simpson a little

The one thing that I have a concern with Hamill is his lack of accumulation, only got 14 disposals a game at TAC level this year

Mind you, I had the same query over Ed Richards last year and look how he proved me wrong

Yeah his speed and kicking is close to the best in the draft, great overhead mark too. He’ll need to put on size but that shouldn’t be a problem with his frame

It sounds like we have two pretty sure things in Jones and McHenry so I think we could afford to go with a risky option here, and we did. If his kicking and speed really are elite and he can develop an AFL body and improve his accumulation to a good level then he could turn into a serious player.

So Hamish has leaked like a sieve about this one. Ruined the surprise lol.

I’m really excited about this one too. Our recruiters have played this beautifully getting their man as well as Carlton’s future 2nd. Can’t wait to see him in the SANFL.

Welcome Aboard Will.

Out of all the drafts we’ve participated in this feels like we looked at needs more closely and decided needs were forward half pressure and outside kicking skill and run

Very interesting draft for us

But is it specifically our needs? Or have we looked at what are the needs of the modern/future game in general and crafted our draft board accordingly?

Weren't too many Stingrays that knocked up big disposal numbers in the TAC Cup this year, a very, very team orientated game plan. Their leading disposal getter for the season inside midfielder Campbell Hustwaite only averaged 20. That old adage applied with the Stingrays Premiership over the ridiculous individual talent of the Chargers this year " A good team will beat a team of champions"

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Hamill - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back