Will you be renewing for 2019

Will you be renewing at your same membership tier for season 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 150 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Downgrading

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I am cancelling my membership entirely

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 39 15.1%
  • 3 game membership

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What the ****?
Tossing your membership is one thing, but to immediately go out and sign up for another team is pretty gross.
I hope they never return.

Doubly gross because it's West Coast.
Agreed but we really can't afford for member numbers to start dropping off whatever the calibre of supporter.

Hopefully this is an isolated case but just found out a long term Port supporter who has throw the towel in since the collingwood game and bought a west coast membership and associated clothing (verified). Ken's tenure will well and truly go down in history one way or another.
Regardless of your opinion of the state of the club right now, that's just shit. And of all clubs, the WA Crows? F**king hell that's embarrassing.

Agreed but we really can't afford for member numbers to start dropping off whatever the calibre of supporter.
Yeah, I get what you are saying.
People will start to fall away after the horribly boring shit we put up win or loss. It's hard to defend.
If something doesn't change soon, it could be very costly.

It's just idea of not only abandoning your team, but suddenly changing allegiances to an opposing team in he same breath that does not compute with me at all.

As a PA supporter for 40+ years, it's been a rollercoaster ride. Some massive ups and some very massive downs. These days though, the turnover of players and coaches is so high that at times you forget who is truly associated with any club, let alone your own. One element remains constant though - the loyal supporters because we STAY.

When Bruce Light - my first footy hero - died earlier this year, a part of me died too :sleepy:. For me, this current season has been tinged with that sadness. And now we are where we are with one round left to play. I HATE the current game, the constant need to "fix" the rules, etc.. I am so bitterly disappointed and frustrated with the current style PA is playing but what can I do?

Will I be renewing for 2019? Yes. Why? Because as an SANFL timekeeper (the co-worker of another timekeeper friend I bumped into behind the western stand as they were heading up to the timekeeping box before a game on a miserably cold and wet day) once told me at Footy Park back in 2011 "you're a glutton for punishment coming here to watch Port". At the time I wanted to deck him. Five minutes later I thought, no, FU, I support my club. And that's it. Not sure I'm satisfied with value for my Essential Platinum membership but hope sure is a sucker.

Hopefully this is an isolated case but just found out a long term Port supporter who has throw the towel in since the collingwood game and bought a west coast membership and associated clothing (verified). Ken's tenure will well and truly go down in history one way or another.
In all honesty dipshits like this are just looking for an excuse to jump. If it wasnt our season it would have been something else. It will always happens when we have a dip.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm feeling completely hopeless and apathetic with Port atm due to the game plan that has been adopted. It's literally straight out of the Ross Lyon scrap ball footy handbook. People will always say that it's better to win ugly then to lose pretty. However, when you're winning ugly every single week and struggling to score 12 goals a game it becomes really hard to watch as the whole entertainment aspect of the game is taken away. Even back in 2010 with Ross Lyon coaching the Saints they were grinding out wins but I would literally turn off the television whenever they played because it was a horrible low scoring spectacle that was akin to watching paint dry. Ross Lyon did the same shit when he went to Fremantle and has made them an unwatchable club as well. Unfortunately that is exactly what the 2018 game style is doing to us!!!

I'll end up watching the game on Friday (record it on Foxtel) but I won't be attending. Even if I don't end up getting a membership next year I'll still support the club because I could never just start supporting another club (let alone buy membership & merchandise of a rival club) after going for Port my whole life.

The EPL as a league in comparison with the AFL is so far and away a better competition. Play every team twice?! Surely not.
This!

If the AFL had any balls this would be the first thing theyd do.

Play each other twice. Home and away. The fairest possible fixture.

Just have shorter quarters or 10 guys on the bench or no JLT AFLX crap.

Hell have the whole list on the bench and if you're 15 goals up you can chuck on a kid whod never really get a go otherwise.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the new club thing. I feel for kids 15-20 especially. All they have had from this club is heartbreaking disappointment. If you lived in another state why wouldn't you support a local team. At least you'll have friends you can go to games with and have more chance of enjoying the game.

With the new club thing. I feel for kids 15-20 especially. All they have had from this club is heartbreaking disappointment. If you lived in another state why wouldn't you support a local team. At least you'll have friends you can go to games with and have more chance of enjoying the game.
I'm 23 and I couldn't really fully appreciate the 2004 flag and was too young/not born for all the Maggies flags. I wish I was born 10-20 years earlier.

It's true that the bad times are what makes the good times so enjoyable. I'm just glad we had 2013-2014 otherwise we'd have a whole generation of supporters who literally never experienced anything remotely good and they'd be at risk of being lost to the club.

I'm 23 and I couldn't really fully appreciate the 2004 flag and was too young/not born for all the Maggies flags. I wish I was born 10-20 years earlier.

23 ? I had you pegged as a 30-40yo Magpies die-hard......

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Growing up in Adelaide in the 80s/90s there was nothing but Port Adelaide success.

The maggies had this invincible aura.

100 times more than Centrals throughout the 2000s so thats saying something.

As a Norwood fan I still remember "that" Scott Hodges goal in the Prelim.... "right in front of me!!"

Maybe thats why I always think Port are a chance in games and seasons to this day and why even if you blokes are 10 goals down Im fidgeting and worried

You'll be right

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was only 25 and it was epic.

Probably more due to you not being there for the 80s dominance, the 90s bid and fall out and the 97 entry than your age.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm the definition of rusted on. I'll be back for more in 2019. By December I'll start to forget the shitness that was 2018. By late February I'll foolishly think we're a genuine chance for top 4 and the flag. By March I'll be pumped for round 1. By April I'll wonder why I bother.

Debut Cub 1870 member here, however will downgrade to Black Diamond to keep my seats.

My emotional investment isn't what it once was. Not only with Port Adelaide but the league itself.

I've just been going through the motions this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you be renewing for 2019

Back