Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We differ in opinions but happy with our club's decisions.

I believe excluding the academy players, the first gap in quality came after Curnow. Apart from Ah Chee, the players that went in the top 12 could have been re-arranged in a different order and all justify the pick.

Then Pick 12 to pick 30 is the next crop of quality.

If it was Pick 20 and 21 for pick 12, then I would agree that it worked out really well for Dogs. But for Pick 11, it just happened to be incredibly lucky for us.

Plus don't forget we also have the Dog's 2016 3rd pick as well.

I think both teams would be rapt with the outcome of that trade.

We would have heavily considered Collins with that pick in any case (and probably taken him, considering our dire KPD stocks) and Carlton got a really nice slider.

We virtually got Dunkley for free and Carlton got the firepower they desperately needed. Win Win trade from a initial point of view.

I think both teams would be rapt with the outcome of that trade.

We would have heavily considered Collins with that pick in any case (and probably taken him, considering our dire KPD stocks) and Carlton got a really nice slider.

We virtually got Dunkley for free and Carlton got the firepower they desperately needed. Win Win trade from a initial point of view.
Whilst cannot be totally sure, it would have been a massive call taking Collins ahead of Curnow. But mentioned before, I did not rate Collins that highly.

Whilst cannot be totally sure, it would have been a massive call taking Collins ahead of Curnow. But mentioned before, I did not rate Collins that highly.

On a needs basis, Curnow wouldn't be of the highest priority for us. Stringer and Crameri effectively play his role.

I agree that Curnow is the better player, there is no doubt about it (I rate Curnow in the top 7) but our KPD stocks were an absolute shambles before last night. We needed Collins one way or another so we are bloody stoked to get him.

You picked up Weitering, you had nowhere near the desperate need for a KPD like we did from that point onwards.
Dal is over the moon with our haul after rating Collins only a 5-10% chance to fall to us.

Overall draft-wise I would imagine Carlton fans are very happy and Brisbane fans ecstatic, both look like they've done very well (although Ben McKay seems a boom or bust type selection).

Hartley is a great kick of the footy, What was the reason he failed at the pies?

He and Brown really give us team balance now, Both these guys give us options whether they release Hurley to play loose man, Partner Joe up forward or even allow Hooker to partner Joe, Before last night I felt we were stuck without a choice where our KPP lined up now it's game on for spots and structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartley is a great kick of the footy, What was the reason he failed at the pies?

He and Brown really give us team balance now, Both these guys give us options whether they release Hurley to play loose man, Partner Joe up forward or even allow Hooker to partner Joe, Before last night I felt we were stuck without a choice where our KPP lined up now it's game on for spots and structure.
On Hartley, don't think it was a lack of talent that saw him delisted, he had continual shoulder issues, had two recos I think and only played a handful of VFL games in two years. Has done a lot of work to strengthen the shoulders and seems like he put together some strong form at Coburg. Hope he goes well :thumbsu:

People keep bringing up yarran beating him in the grand final - like it shows Adams can't be a KPD.

Yarran is a medium fwd that plays small. Absolutely the wrong matchup

except he's also been beaten by wheeler and boland at subi

he played on yarran because it was the only logical match up for him. he cant take the talls

I knew once Collins slipped wasn't going to get past Dogs. But amazed Hawks and North didn't take him but North recruited Durdin last year

Dunkley think good recruit for Dogs. Wonder if Trading pick 11 is worth it 5 years down the track
We would have 100% taken Collins at 11 and our recruiter rates Dunkley and said he was a chance at 11 too (although of course hes going to say similar to that, we would have taken Collins) so either way you look at it, its a win on our end.

We would have 100% taken Collins at 11 and our recruiter rates Dunkley and said he was a chance at 11 too (although of course hes going to say similar to that, we would have taken Collins) so either way you look at it, its a win on our end.

Not complaining either. Good trade by Dogs and Blues

Dogs get Dunkley and Collins and
Blues get Charlie Curnow from the trades done by both clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back