Wow, Hawthorn are going to be a Dynasty Powerhouse next season

Remove this Banner Ad

i_love_boys

Senior List
Aug 3, 2004
Other Teams
HAWKS
If they continue the vigor and spirited run and agression implemented by allister clarkson this season, added with a better quality disposal, then even the best sides are going to have trouble stopping them.

the performance today so far against essendon has been immaculate apart from some quality disposal errors. everything else they have done has been that of a distinguished side.

Nup. They will follow in the footprints of the saints but still need to recruit a forward or two. Not next year but the year after, they'll be something scarey :)

fishbowl said:
Get on them now. The new dynasty starts 2006.
hawthorn will still have the same players making the same basic skill errors next year

until they can consistently hit targets they wont be any force

buddy & roughy still a few years away

hawthorn 2007 may be better prospect, make some ground next year but a force is just a bit of a stretch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i_love_boys said:
If they continue the vigor and spirited run and agression implemented by allister clarkson this season, added with a better quality disposal, then even the best sides are going to have trouble stopping them.

the performance today so far against essendon has been immaculate apart from some quality disposal errors. everything else they have done has been that of a distinguished side.

You beat Essendon and congrats for that - now lets not get ahead of ourselves.

we have played similar football earlier in the year, and we nearly knocked off west coast (got robbed when williams wasnt given a free kick infront of goal for getting hit int he nuts) and managed to defeat a hot melbourne and fremantle side.

it is natural for a team to drop off half way through a season after they conistently give 110% and it comes to no avail. however i believe next season, they will have the vigour inside them from the bounce in round 1.

i know only time will tell, however that kind of consistant energy and speed will overcome the occasional errors in disposal.

weren't hawthorn playing inspired football earlier in the year? i remember they thrashed freo in freo, melbourne when they were in the top 4, and brisbane, then they had a couple of close losses and thought "ahh bugger it, lets just get some more picks"

shows how quickly things can change in one year. at one stage the hawks looked like being off the bottom to being near the eight. next year they will make the eight.

I dont, still alot of hardwork ahead for the hawks, there have been signs of what we are capable of doing to teams, the key here is to do it consistently and that takes time im afraid. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, Hawthorn are going to be a Dynasty Powerhouse next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back