Spain
Italy
France
UK
Netherlands
Switzerland
Sweden
Ireland

The benefit of being so spread out geographically.

New York state's death per million is exceeded by no country apart from San Marino. Smaller, less densely populated states won't end up faring nearly as badly you would assume.

Looks like Virgin Australia are going in to administration. Sad if true for their workers, the Australian tourism economy and all those who need to fly for business or leisure. If Qantas/Jetstar are left a virtual monopoly market, airfares will rise considerably.
I think some people seriously underestimate the work it will take for another airline close to Virgin's size and importance to be set up as well as the harm the lack of a second major airline will do to our country, both for business and private consumers.

Was/is Virgin Australia flawed? Absolutely. Is it worth saving for the good of the nation? No question, yes.

Even the best case scenario of a buyout by an overseas airline will have its own setup hurdles.

The benefit of being so spread out geographically.

New York state's death per million is exceeded by no country apart from San Marino. Smaller, less densely populated states won't end up faring nearly as badly you would assume.

Too much nuance for your average journo.

In a 1946 referendum a clause was added to section 51(xxii) of the true Commonwealth of Australia Constitution which prevents the government from forcing people to medicate.

This amendment to the constitution sect. 51(xxiiA), Allows for Granting of various social services but not so as to authorise any form of civil conscription.

This means that government, or those acting as government, or those acting on behalf of government, cannot force you or anyone to be vaccinated in order to maintain benefits or payments.

Also sect 28 of the federal crimes act (1914) states: “Any person who, by violence or by threats or intimidation of any kind, hinders or interferes with the free exercise of performance, by any other person, of any political right or duty, shall be guilty of an offense” the penalty up to three years imprisonment.

Section 109 of the constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia………… “when a law of the state is inconsistent with a law of the commonwealth, the latter shall prevail, and the former shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be invalid”.

If this is correct they’ll need a referendum to force us to take a vaccine.
Doubt they will need to force it; fear and belief in vaccination (evidence based) will get sufficient coverage

30 extremely well qualified scientists questioning the Corona virus panic who you wont see on the Project, 6:00 news or the ABC for that matter.

All nutters and members of a religiously fanatic cult according to the many sheeple who post here.

USA deaths per million - 124

Thats less than

Belgium
Spain
Italy
France
UK
Netherlands
Switzerland
Sweden
Ireland

In a country with as low population density as the US it would be expected to have a lower per capita death rate then the countries you've mentioned.

In a country with as low population density as the US it would be expected to have a lower per capita death rate then the countries you've mentioned.

according to wiki

Urbanisation rate for the US is over 80% . Italy circa 70%. Ireland circa 60%. France 80%.

That’s pretty average
Are you staying at a “good” hotel?

Novotel Collins St in Melbourne.

The room is great but the food is dire. When you ring up to complain you get the classic 'it's the supplier, not us' line. Or redirected to the 'pay $18 for 3 dumplings' room service menu.

Apparently the hotel is getting $10,000 per guest for catering. Have seen some of the meals from other people's hotels, and they are multiple times better than what we're getting.

My theory is some hotels are simply pocketing most of that cash and feeding us on a shoestring. It's pretty scandalous. But according to plebs on social media we should just be grateful we're being fed at all, because apparently being overseas during a time of crisis means you automatically forfeit all your civil liberties and human rights or something :rolleyes:

Anyway, whatever. I'm almost halfway through. Gotta say I'm not ever going to take the freedom to do my own grocery shopping for granted again.

Soooooo, it seems that China has demonstrated some extremely disturbing/discriminatory tendencies towards individuals of African origin.

I wonder how the mods of this forum are going to handle this. How do you reconcile China treating blacks (or those with an African heritage) being treated like shit in China, while avoiding accusations of being Sinophobic? Perhaps being accused of being Sinophobic is less worthy of being condemned than being accused of being racist against those with African heritage?

Oh dear, such a conundrum!

Disclaimer #1: I am not white. Too bad!

Disclaimer #2: I have probably, in the general course of my livelihood, afforded significantly more respect to those of African origin than the Chinese government. So, **** you, to anyone who accuses me of being a racist or bigot.

Disclaimer #3: I am guessing it comes down to whichever favours Islam/Sharia the most. So whichever position favours Islam/Sharia the most will be the one that CM86 or Malefaeces will favour. And any opinions to the contrary will result in a thread-ban.

Last edited:
Novotel Collins St in Melbourne.

The room is great but the food is dire. When you ring up to complain you get the classic 'it's the supplier, not us' line. Or redirected to the 'pay $18 for 3 dumplings' room service menu.

Apparently the hotel is getting $10,000 per guest for catering. Have seen some of the meals from other people's hotels, and they are multiple times better than what we're getting.

My theory is some hotels are simply pocketing most of that cash and feeding us on a shoestring. It's pretty scandalous. But according to plebs on social media we should just be grateful we're being fed at all, because apparently being overseas during a time of crisis means you automatically forfeit all your civil liberties and human rights or something :rolleyes:

Anyway, whatever. I'm almost halfway through. Gotta say I'm not ever going to take the freedom to do my own grocery shopping for granted again.
If you don’t mind me asking, what does your standard day entail?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooooo, it seems that China has demonstrated some extremely disturbing/discriminatory tendencies towards individuals of African origin.

I wonder how the mods of this forum are going to handle this. How do you reconcile China treating blacks (or those with an African heritage) being treated like shit in China, while avoiding accusations of being Sinophobic? Perhaps being accused of being Sinophobic is less worthy of being condemned than being accused of being racist against those with African heritage?

Oh dear, such a conundrum!

Disclaimer #1: I am not white. Too bad!

Disclaimer #2: I have probably, in the general course of my livelihood, afforded significantly more respect to those of African origin than the Chinese government. So, fu** you, to anyone who accuses me of being a racist or bigot.

Disclaimer #3: I am guessing it comes down to whichever favours Islam/Sharia the most. So whichever position favours Islam/Sharia the most will be the one that CM86 or Malefaeces will favour. And any opinions to the contrary will result in a thread-ban.
Chinese people are racist. They have disgusting beliefs on all other races. It's well known.

You're not presenting something new.

I have too many frequent flyer points with Virgin. You assholes better not go under. I want some free flights dammit! I won't even ****ing use them if China somehow takes over Virgin. I'd rather forfeit them.

I think some people seriously underestimate the work it will take for another airline close to Virgin's size and importance to be set up as well as the harm the lack of a second major airline will do to our country, both for business and private consumers.

Was/is Virgin Australia flawed? Absolutely. Is it worth saving for the good of the nation? No question, yes.

Even the best case scenario of a buyout by an overseas airline will have its own setup hurdles.
I honestly don’t think anyone underestimates it they just recognize there is **** all they can do about it.

Yeah seems crazy. Have they got a reason to be lying?
Censorship is pretty strong in Vietnam in general. Good luck finding much flow of information there that could paint the government in a bad light.

I'm not necessarily saying Covid would be out of control there, but a country of 95 million people with high population density in the region it's in; I'm sceptical.

No, if you had been paying attention, my stance has always been that they were "researching" the virus through the agency of a bunch of a previously-unemployed chumps who had no idea what they were doing, the result of which was that the ******* around with the bats (and this is a fact) resulted in the leaking of this virus from their facility.

I mean, you can't exactly trust a bunch of previously-unemployed deadbeats to understand the severity of not taking the necessary precautions when handling a virus from a horseshoe bat. They're just happy to have a job!

I seriously do not understand why people are feeling so offended by this hypothesis. Please, tell me, why is this is hypothesis so offensive to many?

Can you supply the background of any of theses so called deadbeats?
Do you really know they were unemployed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back