Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly we got to top 3 based on the brilliance of Butters Rozee and Houston. Great teams win premierships, unfortunately when those players didn’t rock up we were never a chance.

Relied on the brilliance of a few will never be a successful way to play.

To many players have reached their prime (and are underwhelming) or are past it on this list. Can only think of maybe 4 players that may improve in 2024

I dont know why people dump on Mcentee, who at least physically had a crack and was able to put his body on the line a number of times.
Was one of many who couldn’t stick a tackles and offered nothing offensively. Just poor.

Wouldn’t get a game in any other top 14 team (can throw in a number of our players in that group though)

Yea I'm not gonna crack into McKenzie he shouldn't have played, our club is an absolute laughing stock when it comes to playing injured players. He could barely get his feet an inch off the ground & going with a leading player forget it.
I watched him pregame and I reckon he had a fitness test on the ground.. he could not turn at all.. after
Watching him warm up he shouldn’t have played.. stupid selection..

Finals are scarey guys what are you gonna do
The current PAFC is not even a facsimile of what it once was when Fos Williams and Jack Cahill would instil in the players the mental strength and confidence to get the job done, not give them the get out clause of how scary finals are!

Hinkley needs to admit to himself that he can't get it done, no matter how many chances he has at it. He needs to do the right thing for us supporters and step down from the coaching job asap.
We honestly need to just make him coaching Port untenable.

There needs to bo so much pressure applied to Ken by the membership that he just quits.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yea I'm not gonna crack into McKenzie he shouldn't have played, our club is an absolute laughing stock when it comes to playing injured players. He could barely get his feet an inch off the ground & going with a leading player forget it.

we probably jabbed him up and he never had feeling is foot all game.

I dont know why people dump on Mcentee, who at least physically had a crack and was able to put his body on the line a number of times.
Stop being an apologist. He was absolute dogshit defensively tonight even before you account for his usual absolute dogshit offensive performance.

We can win 20 games ina row and I will
Refuse to be a believer.. the game plan doesn’t stand up and the playing group doesn’t stand up
The amount of people that ridiculed me for not getting excited about our mid season winning run.

The worst thing about Ken as coach is that we can't even enjoy wins any more.

Unless it's a premiership win it always just feels like a rope a dope. Sucking us in to kick us in the balls again.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

3rd qtr he forced plenty of turnovers. s**t last 10 minutes
Did you like the bit where he had about 20 minutes to line up a spoil on Whitfield after the highest kick in the history of football and whiffed it completely?

Makes Simon Phillips and Cam Hitchcock look like Cyril Rioli and Nick Daicos. A 'defensive forward' who is neither defensive or a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3rd qtr he forced plenty of turnovers. s**t last 10 minutes
McEntee was terrible actually cost us a few goals with his dumb decision making. You don’t need a pressure forward you need another forward with composure and class like Rioli that’s what wins you games. Orazio on one leg would have been better than mcentee.

McEntee was terrible actually cost us a few goals with his dumb decision making. You don’t need a pressure forward you need another forward with composure and class like Rioli that’s what wins you games. Orazio on one leg would have been better than mcentee.
No, right now we need pressure forwards because our defence is not tall or fast enough to keep up unless the kicks i50 are pressured. Maybe next year we need less of them.

There was a moment in the third quarter where we had a wide shot of GWS going forward and McKenzie was literally limping about 25 metres behind some GWS player. And to make matters worse, the umpires paid multiple dubious free kicks against him when he actually used his body to defend really well in a more static one on one situation.

Absolutely shambolic, desperate rubbish. They should be ashamed that they put a guy out there like that in a freaking final.

Rozee was a major disappointment, gws just walked thru his half hearted tackles and failed to impose himself on the game at any stage.
Unfortunately for Port, the way Rozee and Soft as, play the game, the style is just not suited to finals football. How did old mate Willie ( cream on top) go. Earning a shit load of coin so I am told.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back