News Young Cat Mitch Duncan carried knee injury to premiership glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprising that it took until now for the media to report it, considering that it was clearly noted during the call of the game that Duncan was off the ground not long after being subbed in, getting treatment on his knee. Ah off-season.

Surprising that it took until now for the media to report it, considering that it was clearly noted during the call of the game that Duncan was off the ground not long after being subbed in, getting treatment on his knee. Ah off-season.

Some in the media preferred simply to "report" that Mitch was struggling to adapt to the grand final, conveniently not saying or questioning whether he was "struggling" due to injury.

The same media reminded us several times that Ben Reid was struggling due to injury.

Reads like his preseason wont be too affected but still who know's what kind of alterations to his training this will cause. Like Duncan, think he's gonna be a star for us.

Pretty good effort on Duncan's behalf. I thought he was ok and obviously he would have been hampered by the strain - so well done.

I reckon he will be a very good player for us - and seems quite a tough player and loves a goal.

With a good pre-season behind him - should have even a better year next season.

Looks like a good bet as a HFF or Wingman to me.

I like the cut of his jib !

Did anyone else like how he crashed in low to Daisy Thomas i think in the 3rd quarter? He gave away a free but boy was it a statement of intent, showed alot of passion for GFC in that one act.

Nope.

The Pies were the only ones with injuries. Mitch just struggled with the tempo of the big game, obviously.

Bloody media and commentary bias makes me sick. Hard to watch the second quarter of the GF, Ten are pretty much cheering Collingwood on, erect members in hand.

I still find it disgusting that malthouse was congratulated straight after the game, shouldn't the focus be on the winning team?

And pies supporters wonder why their team is so hated!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some in the media preferred simply to "report" that Mitch was struggling to adapt to the grand final, conveniently not saying or questioning whether he was "struggling" due to injury.

The same media reminded us several times that Ben Reid was struggling due to injury.

I did not think that he particularly struggled at all. He lost one contest in defense where, IIRC Sidebottom got his first goal.

Other than that, he was involved in a couple of goals and kicked one himself.
He does not waste the ball by foot and late in the last 1/4 he was able to clear the ball out of the back line when under pressure by finding Varcoe on his own.

In terms of reliable kicking for goal I would put him at the very top of the club's list with Bartel and Mackie.

He admitted last year that he needed to work on the defensive side of his game. I also think that he will improve with a few more years of strength and conditioning training.

Did anyone else like how he crashed in low to Daisy Thomas i think in the 3rd quarter? He gave away a free but boy was it a statement of intent, showed alot of passion for GFC in that one act.

Yeah I commented on that in another thread really shook Daisy up and had minimal impact for the rest of the game.:thumbsu:

Just love the way this kid plays. He is the typical Wells prototype with exceptional character and deadly finishing skills - will be a ripper for us along with Menzel. Pleased to report that he loves Scott and now feels at home at the Club - following 2010 when a certain coach barely spoke 2 words to him all season.................

Nope.

The Pies were the only ones with injuries. Mitch just struggled with the tempo of the big game, obviously.

Bloody media and commentary bias makes me sick. Hard to watch the second quarter of the GF, Ten are pretty much cheering Collingwood on, erect members in hand.

Disagree with this. Lloyd said it a few times and while I normally agree with a lot of what he says I totally disagreed with this. Watch the third quarter again and how many goals he's involved in. He was solid and got better as it went on. That goal in the third showed his class, never looked like missing.

The channel ten commentators said ad nauseam how Mitch "Struggled with the tempo of the game" but I thought he did a pretty good job myself. It was shame when we got that goal from the terrific 1 on 2 mark from Christensen that the commentators even left his contribution out when making their special comments about it. The more I watch the replay of that game the more shitty the channel 10 commentators come across. Thank god they are gone now!

His first kick or two were smothered but he grew into it after that. His goal was brilliant and he matched Varcoe stride for stride in that last quarter effort down the wing...didn't agree with Lloyd but hardly the most malicious description, either.

The channel ten commentators said ad nauseam how Mitch "Struggled with the tempo of the game" but I thought he did a pretty good job myself. It was shame when we got that goal from the terrific 1 on 2 mark from Christensen that the commentators even left his contribution out when making their special comments about it. The more I watch the replay of that game the more shitty the channel 10 commentators come across. Thank god they are gone now!

The commentary during the last 1/4 angers me the most!!!!

Geelong is playing one of the great last quarters in GF history, dominating the game. We're up by 30 points, yet ALL they are interested in is how good Collingwood are! Commenting on how good Collingwood are in this situation, how you just know they aren't gonna give up, how good they are at manafacturing goals, how you can just feel they will make a comeback, how if they can just kick 3 quick goals they might be a chance........ SHUT THE **** UP!!!!! How about mentioning HOW GOOD Geelong are!?!?

The commentary during the last 1/4 angers me the most!!!!

Geelong is playing one of the great last quarters in GF history, dominating the game. We're up by 30 points, yet ALL they are interested in is how good Collingwood are! Commenting on how good Collingwood are in this situation, how you just know they aren't gonna give up, how good they are at manufacturing goals, how you can just feel they will make a comeback, how if they can just quick 3 quick goals they might be a chance........ SHUT THE **** UP!!!!! How about mentioning HOW GOOD Geelong are!?!?

To be fair, I think all commentators do this to a degree to keep interest in the game. Rather than saying "Collingwood are gone".

They tend to try and keep interest by suggesting that "a couple of quick goals would change the whole complex of the game. And we know that team X (in this case Collingwood) is capable of it. So do not leave your television set".

Collingwood would have to be the most overrated team I've ever witness, so so sick of how the media and fans talk them up when they rarely produce anything . The attention on the pies in the last half and after the GF was insulting, yes Malthouse career was over but we just won a flag why should he be congulated straight after the GF? Don't even get me started on Maxwell GF speech.

To be fair, I think all commentators do this to a degree to keep interest in the game. Rather than saying "Collingwood are gone".

They tend to try and keep interest by suggesting that "a couple of quick goals would change the whole complex of the game. And we know that team X (in this case Collingwood) is capable of it. So do not leave your television set".

I don't think they had to. No one in Australia apart from Colliwobble fans were going to leave their TV sets and miss watching the Pies get smashed!

Must have been bittersweet for Maxwell and perhaps explains why he was so poor in the GF. I know if I grew up in Geelong, went to St Joeys and more than likely barracked for Geelong until I got rookied at Collingwood, I would have probably tried my hardest to put in a shocker on the day to make sure my 1st allegiance got up (afterall, most of his family probably wouldn't have spoken to him again if the Cats lost)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Young Cat Mitch Duncan carried knee injury to premiership glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back