Young girl allegedly insulted by St Kilda player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All posts and fury, signifying rubbish

th

Pius Platitudes; Pompous Puissants

1The-usual-suspect-1280x1024.jpg

Well Mig-27's cop this

th

I am out of here, back to the Bay, the sweet smell of fresh salt air. The stench of sanctimonious self righteousness here is gagging.

So it's OK for you Jeff to speculate that nothing happened, but it's not OK for others to speculate on what might have happened? Remember this 'story' is now in the media and I always adhere to the adege that 'where there's smoke, there's fire'. My only other post in this thread did say 'alledged behaviour' so I get where you're coming from, but labelling people stupid for commenting on a story that is now public in a public internet forum is a bit rich don't you think?

Must have been hilarious watching you replace all your electrical equipment so the "millenium bug" wouldn't render it inoperable.
Someone is probably still using the toaster and microwave you left on the nature strip.
Obviously its also true that man has never been to the moon, and the president of the united states sanctioned the 911 attacks. :rolleyes: Caus when theers smoke theers fire an life is like a box of chocolates.

Yea, I know the girl, she is 53 kilos and is 5'10.. She is selling the jumper and donating all the money to charity. She didn't want media attention and told channel 7 she didn't want to be the next "duthie" when they asked for an interview.

If those are her actual measurements her BMI is 22 which is well and truly in the lower range of a healthy weight range (BMI 20-25). She loses a few kilos she ends up in anorexia territory. Anyone calling her fat has no idea.

To the bloke who is 6ft3 and 100kg and calling her a fat slag/whale etc - your BMI is 27 which is classed as overweight (25-30) unless you are an elite sportsman and absolutely ripped with muscle. Throwing fat insults at a girl with a healthy weight is probably not a good idea.

BMI is certainly an imperfect measurement of a healthy weight in some respects but it gives a reasonable estimate and any way you look at it, if those measurements are accurate, she is nor even close to being fat.

Must have been hilarious watching you replace all your electrical equipment so the "millenium bug" wouldn't render it inoperable.
Someone is probably still using the toaster and microwave you left on the nature strip.
Obviously its also true that man has never been to the moon, and the president of the united states sanctioned the 911 attacks. :rolleyes: Caus when theers smoke theers fire an life is like a box of chocolates.
Ah yes, playing the man and not the ball, and more importantly, making generalisations about me, something in which you are chastising others in this thread for - making generalisations. It's great stuff.Keep up the good work. :):thumbsu:

Why would some young girl bother making that up? Her name has not been released so its not like she is getting any air time or anything.
Players name has not been released so it isn't just to tarnish some players name.
Most clubs would have at least one arrogant ****wit in their team.

So it's OK for you Jeff to speculate that nothing happened, but it's not OK for others to speculate on what might have happened? Remember this 'story' is now in the media and I always adhere to the adege that 'where there's smoke, there's fire'. My only other post in this thread did say 'alledged behaviour' so I get where you're coming from, but labelling people stupid for commenting on a story that is now public in a public internet forum is a bit rich don't you think?

Yeah because that really rang true with the Kim Duthie scandals didn't it? In that case "where there was smoke, there was complete bullshit".

Why would some young girl bother making that up? Her name has not been released so its not like she is getting any air time or anything.
Players name has not been released so it isn't just to tarnish some players name.
Most clubs would have at least one arrogant ****wit in their team.

The player's name wasn't released because she didn't even know who the player was that supposedly made those comments, she just said they had brownish hair which really narrows it down. It could have been one of our boot studders or some some other hanger on in Saints colours for all she knew.

Our players have all denied saying anything so it's their word against hers but of course morons in the media and here will automatically take her word as fact despite the Saints players telling the truth last time around during the Kim Duthie scandals while she was exposed as a liar.

I'm thinking that the REAL story must be along the lines of one of the players making a not so funny joke, and she either misheard it or chose to be offended by it.
For example " you want photo's, lucky you're thin we have a no fat chicks policy".

Not the best thing to say in this politically correct world, but also not intended as a direct insult ( given her size how could it be ).
People of big footy post a lot worse in Bay13 every day.

Ah yes, playing the man and not the ball, and more importantly, making generalisations about me, something in which you are chastising others in this thread for - making generalisations. It's great stuff.Keep up the good work. :):thumbsu:

So don't go spouting bullshit like "Where there is smoke there is fire". If you want to be correct you can only say " where there is smoke there might be fire". Do you seriously believe that no media report has ever turned out to be absolutely jack nothing?

Do you believe that the AFL interfered in Judd's AFL tribunal case, becasue of Conner's "smoke"?
Wasn't Nick Riewoldt moving to the GC two years ago, cmon there was plenty of "smoke" so there must have been something in it.?

Please dont consider this as a personal attack, I am simply attacking the simplistic argument you made, which is less than worthy of a 7 year old, and actually has less substance than "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" but people hurt a lot more easily these days.

Tall with chestnut hair?

Well identify the player from a team photo, can't be that hard, if it was true?

I'm thinking that the REAL story must be along the lines of one of the players making a not so funny joke, and she either misheard it or chose to be offended by it.
For example " you want photo's, lucky you're thin we have a no fat chicks policy".

Not the best thing to say in this politically correct world, but also not intended as a direct insult ( given her size how could it be ).
People of big footy post a lot worse in Bay13 every day.

So don't go spouting bullshit like "Where there is smoke there is fire". If you want to be correct you can only say " where there is smoke there might be fire". Do you seriously believe that no media report has ever turned out to be absolutely jack nothing?

Do you believe that the AFL interfered in Judd's AFL tribunal case, becasue of Conner's "smoke"?
Wasn't Nick Riewoldt moving to the GC two years ago, cmon there was plenty of "smoke" so there must have been something in it.?

Please dont consider this as a personal attack, I am simply attacking the simplistic argument you made, which is less than worthy of a 7 year old, and actually has less substance than "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" but people hurt a lot more easily these days.
Just because I do hold credence to the saying 'where there's smoke, there's fire' doesn't mean you have to, and that's fine. But over my lifetime, it usually holds out to be on the money much, much more often than not. We will never really know what happened at the airport, if indeed anything actually did. If things panned out exactly the way the young woman said they did, then it was very ordinary by the player, but another mantra I also go by is 'there's always two sides to a story', which in this case, will suit your argument much better than 'where there's smoke, there's fire'.
Anyway, it's off topic. The subject was worthy of discussion, but in reality it should have died down by now and it actually has, except on BigFooty where things drag on for days.

So we can call someone tall, short, skinny but not fat. Political correctness is so crap.
And the carbon footprint of a fat person is so much bigger. There destroying the world!!! Keep into em guys
What absolute childish rubbish.

This is about a player representing the club and publicly insulting a supporter over her weight. It's petty, small and bloody disgusting.

Look at the differential in status and power of the two parties here and tell me this sort of comment is above board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is about a player representing the club and publicly insulting a supporter over her weight. It's petty, small and bloody disgusting.

Look at the differential in status and power of the two parties here and tell me this sort of comment is above board.

No.

It's about a player representing the club 'allegedly' making comments loud enough that she heard.

This is about a player allegedly insulting a 21 year old Collingwood supporter. (Adult)

Who has changed her story of it being said directly to her, and then overhearing something else. To then overhearing the entire thing.
Also this person had already had some photos taken with the group, can't identify who said anything, and now has a free St Kilda guernsey.

Ok, haven't been taking much notice of this story as I don't find it all that interesting.

I initially read she got one photo, was then gathering up some players for a group photo when her phone rang, is this true?

Obviously the polite and decent thing to do would be to not answer the phone, take the photo, thank the players and then call the person back. did this happen? or did she answer the phone?

Ignorant people are ignorant

As many have pointed out, the person was not overweight, so its hard to understand the context of the comment, and its hard to understand how she would be insulted.
If someone called me a black prick , and I'm clearly white , should I be insulted or confused? Should I run off and cry or should i ask what they are on?

Its also pretty weird that you could be "publically disgusted" by reported comments that are clearly lacking additional information.

Anyone remember Kyle Sandiland's comments about "tuck shop arms" to a person on a national television show.

Now on a scale of 1 to ten rate what has happened last weekend and Kyle's comment, including the factors of national identification and exposure and the situation at the time the comment was made.

They are completely different.

In any case that's my say - I'll leave it to the Saints supporters to subject this incident to a rigorous and fair dissection. ;)

Good I'm sure you can spend your time being disgusted by other potentially bad things that may have happened in the world.
I hear a young lady in Afganistan was traumatised because someone laughed at how her burka was slightly less black than all the other chicks.

As many have pointed out, the person was not overweight, so its hard to understand the context of the comment, and its hard to understand how she would be insulted.
If someone called me a black prick , and I'm clearly white , should I be insulted or confused? Should I run off and cry or should i ask what they are on?

Its also pretty weird that you could be "publically disgusted" by reported comments that are clearly lacking additional information.

Anyone remember Kyle Sandiland's comments about "tuck shop arms" to a person on a national television show.

Now on a scale of 1 to ten rate what has happened last weekend and Kyle's comment, including the factors of national identification and exposure and the situation at the time the comment was made.

Do you have to be personally insulted to feel aggrieved that a person is rude and call them out on it?

Anyone who insults people based on any sort of physical appearance (weight, race, hair color etc. etc.) deserves to be shamed whether they caused any actual offence or not (even if the person reporting it isn't the intended "target" of the comment). It is juvenile and lacks class. I'm not for one second saying that this is what happened here (there are 2 people that will ever know exactly what happened - classic "he said, she said"). But if it did unfold the way this girl has alleged, she has every right to make an example of someone lacking taste, regardless of whether she was personally affronted by it or not.

BTW - I'm not trying to suggest that footballers should be role models (I personally don't think they should). But there is a difference between being a role model & simply being a decent human being. We sometimes fail to make that distinction.

Do you have to be personally insulted to feel aggrieved that a person is rude and call them out on it?

Anyone who insults people based on any sort of physical appearance (weight, race, hair color etc. etc.) deserves to be shamed whether they caused any actual offence or not (even if the person reporting it isn't the intended "target" of the comment). It is juvenile and lacks class. I'm not for one second saying that this is what happened here (there are 2 people that will ever know exactly what happened - classic "he said, she said"). But if it did unfold the way this girl has alleged, she has every right to make an example of someone lacking taste, regardless of whether she was personally affronted by it or not.

BTW - I'm not trying to suggest that footballers should be role models (I personally don't think they should). But there is a difference between being a role model & simply being a decent human being. We sometimes fail to make that distinction.

Maybe you should go the threads on Bay13 and start shaming the posters there oh righteous one. Not sure why you draw the line at physical appearance. What about emotional state, and basic nature.
What about dumb people.
My son comes home from primary school and tells old jokes. They used to be irishman jokes last I heard but now they are dufus jokes.
Surely dumb people get upset that they are being picked on once they realise it.

Sorry I'm being facetious but I'm a bit over the overly politically correct bullshit, and you seem to be advocating some utopia where no-one should ever be upset ever. I suggest you start at the schools, where kids can be horrible litte *&^%s. If you think this size 8 girl was upset, try the reality that some obese thirteen year old with glasses suffers on a daily basis, and maybe look at some of the atrocities that take place overseas. Do you think someone's nose might be out of joint when their relative is shot by the taliban when she's accused of adultery. There is a bushfire raging and you are trying to blow out a match.

Is this what passes for discussion on the main board these days?
Ah, back in the day. The wit, the prose, the intellectual battles. Next thing you know, there is graffiti on the bus stop, some rough looking youngsters have moved in to the neighbourhood and Shakespeare in the Park has been replaced by skateboard ramps and rap-offs. I remember when I could buy a choc coated icecream for 10 cents and potato scallops for 5c. :(

If she is size 8 and therefore shouldn't be upset by being called fact (although somebody with an eating disorder might feel fat even if they were skin and bone), that doesn't mean they can't be offended by somebody being a dick to them for no reason. I reckon if I came across somebody with a public profile, who gains adulation because of that profile, I'd have no qualms about letting people know this person is not necessarily worthy of that adulation. Celebritydom does not give you the right to be an insensitive jerk.

Naturally this is dependent on who said it, but if it was a player, attacking the messenger for calling a dick a dick doesn't really work. I reckon half of the world's elite athletes are probably douches at one point or another. With success and adulation comes arrogance and we know these young blokes can't handle that very well and are usually looking to impress mates.

Not much to go on right now, but apparently there was an incident at an airport over the weekend where a St Kilda player allegedly told a young teenage girl he wouldn't get a photo of her because (and I'm paraphrasing) St Kilda players aren't contractually obliged to deal with fat chicks.

Hinch apparently spoke to a St Kilda official in which it was confirmed the Saints have spoken to the girl and a jersey has been presented to her as an apology for not being able to get a photo with the players.

I find it the allegations hard to believe, and let's not forget it was Hinch who believes the Kim Duthie story, but it's perhaps worth discussing now.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/blog-wi...-girl-insulted-by-players/20120717-22834.html

Surprised she wasn't kept quiet by the local police who have a habit of destroying criminal evidence. Can anyone say 'rapist'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back