Young girl allegedly insulted by St Kilda player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any evidence that this actually happened?

It is pretty suspicious that this occured on the eve of womens round, involving the Saints and also that it was a letter sent using the term "fat chicks".

Couldnt someone simply send an email to a club (cc in the media) and state any manner of things??

Im not saying that it didnt happen, just questioning it.

Now that would be far to sensible a way of looking at it.

Was the line I referred to and have proven was not true. Said nothing on your culture except I don't need to go back far to justify my views on that.

My point was that it is pathetic trawling back through the annuls of history desperately looking for a convicted Saint. You settle on two players who both played for multiple clubs and that most on here would never have seen in a Saints guernsey. So pointless.

Have you got a link?
Im curious as to whether the comment was made to her face or behind her back and she overheard it. It's a bit ridiculous she claims to be a fan yet she doesn't even know the player's name and deacribes him as the 'chestnut colored hair.'
It was my understanding that she was getting it for a friend's birthday and she wasn't a Saints fan herself.

Firstly, as a young female, most of this thread disgusts me.

Secondly, you know full well I'm not saying that.

The St Kilda players met 'that' girl in a Sydney nightclub, that required ID to prove 18+ but this fact is forgotten in your haste to enjoy bad media about an opposition club.

Now they would ALL be very wary of any girl that came up to them, especially one that by her own admission was pestering the players for quite awhile.

You don't find it suspicious that a self confessed size 8 female keeps hanging around players of a team she doesn't support, feels rejected and unpopular, and comes up with a story about overhearing them say she was fat?

I just can't believe, if you took away the fact I support St Kilda, and you support the Pies, and you heard this on 3AW talkback radio, that we'd even be having this discussion.

THAT, is what I meant.
head-in-sand.jpg

Hinch has made his whole career on hot air and bullshit. Like all the sensationalist crap he spouted about St Kilda and their players over the Kim Duthie stuff which all turned out to be lies and which he has never apologised for or admitted he got wrong and now the stupid old tool is at it again with this rubbish.

Hinch makes Hutchy look like a respectable journo, he's a gutter trash scumbag.

If you had of checked the details of this story before you went off on your idiotic rant you would realise the woman wasn't even a St Kilda supporter and didn't even know the players names.
So bright spark how does that make it OK. Christ what a bleeding excuse, she didn,t know his name.
Maybe the pea brain ,s name isn,t worth knowing.

Do you disgust the St Kilda boys? Are they happy to 'sign an autograph' for you (lol we all know what that means for these guys) or do you get turned away (unless Milne is there).

I beg your pardon?

This thread is reflective of what this place is becoming.

I came here for footy discussion, it's become purely rejoicing in oppositions clubs misfortune.

Did I get out the maraca's when a scandal broke at your club after the grand final?

No, because this stuff sickens me, and you are disgusting.

You forgot to mention she was appaently a size 8 telling people she could fit into a size 6 like i said in another post its that time of the year again and she seen the saint players thinking here is some publicity for me and so far it has worked for her especially when that oxygen thief Hinch got hold of it:mad:
This part doesn't make much sense I have to say. If she really was size 6/8 I can't imagine them saying no fat chicks unless they were actually being funny because she was slim? Weird...

Firstly, as a young female, most of this thread disgusts me.

Secondly, you know full well I'm not saying that.

The St Kilda players met 'that' girl in a Sydney nightclub, that required ID to prove 18+ but this fact is forgotten in your haste to enjoy bad media about an opposition club.

Now they would ALL be very wary of any girl that came up to them, especially one that by her own admission was pestering the players for quite awhile.

You don't find it suspicious that a self confessed size 8 female keeps hanging around players of a team she doesn't support, feels rejected and unpopular, and comes up with a story about overhearing them say she was fat?

I just can't believe, if you took away the fact I support St Kilda, and you support the Pies, and you heard this on 3AW talkback radio, that we'd even be having this discussion.

THAT, is what I meant.
I don't think there is any evidence that she "came up with a story" at this stage.

That Saddler moron is a total scumbag. When I lived in WA, I had many an argument with him over his biased, ill-informed views.
I have to say that I don,t put Sattler on the same ladder as Hinch let alone the same rung.
Hinch is a journo and will go the distance . Howard is just a mischeif maker.
He needs to stick to helping people out as he sometimes does on the air.
Although I.m not so sure of his motives but I lean to the fact that he may
be genuine there.

I beg your pardon?

This thread is reflective of what this place is becoming.

I came here for footy discussion, it's become purely rejoicing in oppositions clubs misfortune.

Did I get out the maraca's when a scandal broke at your club after the grand final?

No, because this stuff sickens me, and you are disgusting.
I agree. I don't think any of these "scandals" are club specific. When you get a whole bunch of overpaid, possibly egotistical young men together these things will happen regardless of the club they play for. There is still no excuse for that kind of behaviour but it isn't just a St Kilda thing.

I agree. I don't think any of these "scandals" are club specific. When you get a whole bunch of overpaid, possibly egotistical young men together these things will happen regardless of the club they play for. There is still no excuse for that kind of behaviour but it isn't just a St Kilda thing.

I think it is pretty clear which club's scandals are the worst. It reflects poorly on their supporters, particularly those who post on internet forums.

I don't know how they hold their head up high to be honest.

I don't think there is any evidence that she "came up with a story" at this stage.
Apart from the players and the club denying that any comments were made? I was horrified and disgusted that the arrogance of a couple of players can undo the great work of many. Until I found out that the players and club denied it. Head in the sand? Maybe.

However the girl changed her story this morning to say that she heard from someone else that the first comments were made, and then overheard the second comments.

It's never a good sign for anybody when they tweak bits of their story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is pretty clear which club's scandals are the worst. It reflects poorly on their supporters, particularly those who post on internet forums.

I don't know how they hold their head up high to be honest.

They are trying to get this thread back on topic, you are trying to troll. Give it a rest or the mods will close the thread or send it to the bay.

None of us know if the players really said it, or whether the girl is purely seeking attention - but on the balance of probabilities I take her word over a playing group proven guilty of been very juvenile.

There are a lot of young women who spend time in our hospitals with eating disorders - many die. Such attitudes hardly help. If they said it, it's inaccurate to call them Neanderthals; Neanderthals were human.

Neanderthals are a sub-species of the human, but human none the less.

Headlines like "Neanderthals and Humans interbred" give the false impression.
We are generally referred to as "modern humans" as opposed to Neanderthal who evolved on a parallel evolutionary branch only to die out.

The guy you took your username has committed more violent crimes than my bloke. But we all know a harmless assault never killed anyone. Big difference between Plugger/Krak and some of the disgusting and abusive acts being committed against women by St Kilda players.

Safer to be a female Berliner in 1946-1950 than female in Melbourne with your mob on the loose.

Tony Lockett has never committed a violent crime off the field and been put in jail like Krakouer has, big difference between on field violence and off field violence.

They are trying to get this thread back on topic, you are trying to troll. Give it a rest or the mods will close the thread or send it to the bay.

I don't know how he hasn't been red carded when all he has been doing is blatantly trolling through the whole thread with idiotic garbage. I've seen people red carded for a lot less.

I have to disagree with this in the main.

The media, and their continuing slide into mediocrity, is the major issue here. I thought everyone would have learnt from the Duthie affair that the footy-related media are completely nuts in Melbourne. It appears, from reading this thread, that there are many that have not learnt a thing from a pretty ordinary episode.
The media got played big-time by a teenager of average intelligence inventing a web of lies. Then when the lies were discovered, there were no apologies from the likes of Hinch. Why? The whole episode showed how terribly low our journalistic standards had slipped. Quality journalism means checking your source is 100% reliable before publishing. Hinch and the other fools didn’t with the Duthie thing. And they somehow got away with it while the mud stuck on the whole St Kilda football club. The worrying thing for me in the whole thing was that all it took to show how pathetically desperate our football media is to drum up a “story” relating to football was a jilted, vindictive teenager and a story relating to footballers. If such a person can get supposedly credible journalists in this country to dance to her tune then god help us. A transparent, investigative and accountable media is fundamental to a country working well. If Hinch and his ilk are anything to go by, this country is in trouble.

Relating to what was allegedly said by the Saints player(s) here, I don’t think anyone thinks what they allegedly said is ok and of course no one would like their daughters/mothers/wives to be on the end of comments like this. But where will we draw the line about feeling what is, I think, completely out-of-proportion outrage about comments (especially alleged ones) made to a member of the public? Why are people getting in a frenzy about this? Misogyny and anti-fat jokes happen anywhere males, especially young ones, gather together in groups. I’m positive comments happen at all AFL clubs and nearly all workplaces every day. But is it worth reporting? The newspapers would be overrun with such reports every day if they were consistent in choosing to report alleged comments that were made. Keeping in mind the past poor form from the media in beating up stories involving footballers there is little wonder many posters, St Kilda ones especially, are coming out in force against the media and fair enough too.

On this issue, I see no victim mentality at play involving the Saints: more the calling out of shoddy journalism and out-of-proportion, on-cue outrage. There is nothing to say that there is any correlation between success on the footy field and a positive culture either (see every premiership winning team in the past decade, name your scandal) and that issues like this are holding the Saints back.
Deserves another reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back