Your Top 5 -- W@nkers of World Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

(1) Anyone connected with Indian Cricket.
(2) Commentators who talk for the sake of talking ...... Jim Maxwell, Drew Morphett, Tony Greig, et al.
(3) Old farts who won't accept that their time has passed .... Neil Harvey, Steve Waugh et al.
(4) Idiots who use gimmicks to make themselves the showpiece instead of the game itself .....Billy Bowden and Rudy Koertzen come on down !
(5) All those responsible for making chucking legal.

Agree with all but the last.

(2) Commentators who talk for the sake of talking ...... Jim Maxwell, Drew Morphett, Tony Greig, et al.
(3) Old farts who won't accept that their time has passed .... Neil Harvey, Steve Waugh et al.
(4) Idiots who use gimmicks to make themselves the showpiece instead of the game itself .....Billy Bowden and Rudy Koertzen come on down !

Very well said. I nodded my head through the whole thing.

So.. All cricket commentators?

And anyway, between balls, I'd rather hear a bit of niggle or a joke, rather than watching snicko 10 times over.

Greig is good for talking rubbish, especially when he picks a girl out the crowd and says 'isn't she gorgeous' and then 'come on Bill... No, Bill wont comment unless it's about pigeons', and Bill laughs and says 'You dug your hole mate, you get yourself out'. Fantastic viewing.

Aussies;

1) Brad Hodge - "No one deserves this spot more than I do". Need I say more?
2) Steve Waugh - Far too selfish to be likeable.
3) Allan Border - Don't tell me to f**k off when I ask for your autograph you stroppy bastard.
4) Neil Harvey - Just shut up you silly old man.
5) Stuart MacGill - Diddums Stuey. You were the second best. Deal with it.

Waugh had a much, much better team to work with. Waugh had life easy with his line up. Tubby was a brilliant captain and really did set up the Steve Waugh era nicely.

By your perspective Alan Border was a terrible captain. It does not matter how many game you have won/ lost as captain. It just matters how you captain the side, your control over the side and the respect you get from the outer community. Ponting has almost none of them. Tubby ticks every box.

i rate s.waugh > tubby, tubby was lazy, fielding slipped under tubby, and while s.waugh had a stronger batting line up, tubby had the best of the bowlers.

that and border set tubby up, border did all the hard work IMO.

s.waugh took the talented but buttery australians and turned them to steel.

i rate s.waugh > tubby, tubby was lazy, fielding slipped under tubby, and while s.waugh had a stronger batting line up, tubby had the best of the bowlers.

that and border set tubby up, border did all the hard work IMO.

s.waugh took the talented but buttery australians and turned them to steel.

Steve Waugh was an unimaginative selfish hack of a cricketer. His one dimensional field placements and boring batting have destroyed the grand old game we have called cricket.

Taylor was a god amongst mere mortals. His innovative tatics and graceful batting inspired so many people. His bowling changes were something out of orgasmic heaven, his inspirational courage was breathtaking to watch.

From Ian Chappell

3) Allan Border - Don't tell me to f**k off when I ask for your autograph you stroppy bastard.

What were the circumstances? Pretty harsh on a young fan but if you were 35yo and he was walking off the ground having made a pair..

My top 5 are:

Harbhajan Singh - no surprises there, easily the biggest tosser I've had the misfortune to witness on a cricket field.

Tony Greig - competitive and combative which I didn't mind, but he criticises contemporary players (mainly Australians) of doing all the things he used to do when he played. He gets into Aussie batsmen for not walking, and yet you needed a forklift to remove him from the crease after he was dismissed.

Sunil Gavaskar - wanted to forfeit an entire Test match because an umpire gave him out lbw, and his comments of late in an an official capacity with the ICC were racist and disgusting.

Salim Malik - "Rat Face" from Pakistan. A natural born cheat. Everything he was ever involved in had a dishonest taste to it.

Kevin Pietersen - Good cricketer, and entertaining in his own way. I should be a fan, but I'm not. He just rubs me up the wrong way for no apparent reason. Maybe I'll work it out on the next Ashes tour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Brad "the cheat" Haddin
2. Andre Nel
3. Andrew Symonds
4. Charl Langevelt
5. Michael Clarke

Gavaskar is also the bloke who once carried his bat through a 60 over ODI and scored 36 not out off 174 balls. England had scored 334 and India managed only 3 for 132 off 60 overs in reply. Sunny was apparently upset at being passed over for the captaincy for the game. w***er!:thumbsdown:

[youtube]jrp53wKHgb0[/youtube]

What a w***er.
The irony of that of course was that for years prior to this incident visiting teams to the sub-continent had been ripped off by sub-standard umpiring.

Yet when Gavaskar himself copped a poor decision outside of India he carried on like a two-year old who had just had his favourite toy taken off him.

What a hypocrite.

Sunny Gavaskar is in a whole other league of w@nker....

1. Ishant
2. Ponting
3. Harbhajan
4. Clarke
5. Nasser Hussain
6. MacGill
7. Salim Malik
8. Ranatunga
9. Muppet
10. Kallis
11. Bracken
12. Haddin
13. Dan Cullen
14. Dan Smith
15. Thornely
16. Cam White
17. Hauritz
18. Krejza
19. Casson
20. "Mitchy" Johnson

Andre Nel isn't a w@nker - he's a whole different category - dillusional

Sorry - i'm an angry man.

Interesting to see so many listing Michael Clark - I'd never really noticed a personality at all one way or the other.

Leaving Australians out of it, here's 5 players I can't/couldn't stand:

Ranatunga
Daylight
Harbhajan
Boycott
Gavaskar

And just for balance, 5 non-Australians that I reckon are/were great:

Monty Panesar
Sangakarra
Duminy
Lara
Shaun Pollock

Australian w***er list:

Anyone whose surname is "Chappel"
Anyone who has a sook when they don't get selected

1. Mitch the Bitch Johnson, fraud, can't land a ball on the pitch

daylight

more daylight

2. Brad Haddin, cheat, awful keeper.
3. Hauritz, just embarassing
4. Thommo, another bitter twisted ex Aussie
5. Lillee, for spoon feeding Mitch

Hon mention to Roebuch, tosser.

1. Michael Clarke. Has the must punchable head in cricket/the entire world. I wouldn't be surprised if he was related to the Clokes... If I see that gay as Christmas Bonds ad one more time a beer is going through the TV.

2. Mike Hussey. I feel extremely sorry for Mr Cricket's children. He would be the most full-on annoying Dad in the history of parenting. I can just imagine his kid getting a B+ on a Maths test, and Mr Cricket ringing the teacher to demand a re-sit. Summer holidays would be activity-packed and disturbingly wholesome. Is just too keen for words.

3. Ian Healy. Shut the **** up you flog.

4. Brad Haddin. Shameless cheat who's pathetic attempts to deflect attention back on Vettori were outrageous. Is a rubbish keeper. Was probably a loser at school. Also has a punchable head.

5. Brad Hodge. Has the same first name as Haddin, so he qualifies automatically, and is a constant source of amusement with his post-selection bleatings. That 'wipe-off 5' ad with Cameron White annoys the shit out of me too. Also appears to have bigger breasts than Dolly Parton. If not, he's at least a C-cup.

H Singh - Just screams t*sser.

Vettori - Stop whingeing and play the game you wannabee Australian.

A Symonds - W*nker of the highest order.

M "New Idea" Clarke - Shows the state of Aussie cricket, that this little drama queen is even considered captaincy material.

G Boycott - Should always figure highly in any "W*nkers of World Cricket" poll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Top 5 -- W@nkers of World Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back