Autopsy Round 3, 2022: Hawks go down to the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Howe looked well off it and showed why he was the sub

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Howe and Maginness (needs time and is more suited as an inside mid) give us no run and carry on the outside. Desperately need Bramble and Impey back to fill these roles. Geez it was great to have Day back!

Bloody proud of this side. Our gameplan will worry anyone. We're never out of it, coz our ball movement is always threatening and asking questions of the oppo. We don't chip it around, nor bomb it down the line. We continually take the corridor. I f*n love it.

DGB has arrived.
Morrison outstanding.
Ward very good.
CJ 3 votes.
Jai will be a star.
Frost had his best game for us.
Sicily building.

Jom is a massive worry. You'd almost drop him if he wasn't captain.

Reeves looks gassed. I'd play Lynch this week.

Finn is simply not up to it at this point.

Spot on! Hey don't forgot to mention Moore how good was he!
I can't wait for W.Day to get some continuity classy first up!
Impey & Bramble will boost this side.

Massive credit on the fight-back, well coached defensive unit who intercepted very well and sweated on our repeated turnovers. CJ was outstanding, a special player.

Think your mob are finals quality in 2022, which would be a great achievement in Mitchell's first year. Really countered our gameplan incredibly well in the second half.

Yeah due to your midfield being superior to ours. Thats where we lost the game and cost us many times in the past. When you have O Meara playing as a defensive mid to try and nullify Cripps and Walsh you know there's a problem. We didn't get him to the club to be the next Brad Sewell. Wouldn't be surprised we start phasing out our underwhelming mids for good because our kids are showing them up.
Brad Sewell was a very good player in his day.

Gee , that was set up for a win!! But just didn't have the tickets with 10 minutes left! Not afraid of playing anyone anywhere feel about this mob!! Morrison, Moore, jiath, Mac,. Ward, Newc , Day , Denver all have us excited because they have a dip!!! I hate Carlton but that was a very good comeback.

Not sure what's wrong with Chad and Jaeger!!! Leaders gotta lead better than that.

Was at the game today. Disappointed in the 1st QTR effort by the senior brigade, happy with the fight back shown by the younger brigade for the next 3. Saints won't be easy next week, can see us 2-2 after 4 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Perhaps not but play like this (except first quarter) and we’re every chance to win….or be very competitive. That’s all we can ask for right now. Very happy with the efforts so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a very admirable performance against legitimate finals side.

Encouragingly our younger players like - Moore, Morrison, Day, CJ, DGB, Ward, Newcombe and MacDonald all contributed.

But more importantly we were able to play well despite being soundly beaten in the midfield, yet again. This is an indication of quality coaching, a quality game plan, and quality defensive setup.

Carlton had a younger team on the park today, but ok.

white family football GIF

Carlton had a younger team on the park today, but ok.
1648978870745.png

Slightly more experienced by 2 games. Definitely not younger though.

Attachments

• 1648978854496.png
    1648978854496.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 67

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3, 2022: Hawks go down to the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back