Autopsy Round 3, 2022: Hawks go down to the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to point out that I never complain about this stuff because I feel it's a myth, however the media reports into this game are sickening.

AFL.com have treated it as if Carlton were playing a relegated side from the VFL and almost 'blue it'. Pretty much nothing about the impact of our young players to fight back and hit the front. Or Sam Mitchell's plan of attack after giving up 7 consecutive goals in the first quarter.

I'm going to put this fairly bluntly. Who cares what the media thinks of the game?

Was at the game today. Disappointed in the 1st QTR effort by the senior brigade, happy with the fight back shown by the younger brigade for the next 3. Saints won't be easy next week, can see us 2-2 after 4 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to point out that I never complain about this stuff because I feel it's a myth, however the media reports into this game are sickening.

AFL.com have treated it as if Carlton were playing a relegated side from the VFL and almost 'blue it'. Pretty much nothing about the impact of our young players to fight back and hit the front. Or Sam Mitchell's plan of attack after giving up 7 consecutive goals in the first quarter.
Don't sweat it. As a gereralisation the AFL 'media' is just a collective of banel preening sycophants. If it wasn't for this, and like forums, to glean information from they wouldn't get much further than writing their name. I mean they employ Kane Cornes FFS.

Once we worked out their game plan we really dominated. Not even upset to be honest, lot of great signs. Duke, cj and Nash stood out for me. Some real dodgy umpire calls but whatever. Blues are a good team but we had their number. Reckon Sammy is doing going to be a master coach, I expect finals from now on. A great young core developing👊🏼

Bloody proud of this side. Our gameplan will worry anyone. We're never out of it, coz our ball movement is always threatening and asking questions of the oppo. We don't chip it around, nor bomb it down the line. We continually take the corridor. I flipping love it.

DGB has arrived.
Morrison outstanding.
Ward very good.
CJ 3 votes.
Jai will be a star.
Frost had his best game for us.
Sicily building.

Jom is a massive worry. You'd almost drop him if he wasn't captain.

Reeves looks gassed. I'd play Lynch this week.

Finn is simply not up to it at this point.

I know JOM didn't have a very sexy game but I thought moving him onto Cripps to nullify his influence was a big reason we were able to slow down their entries and rebound. It is pretty damning that our second best midfielder is being forced to play as a tagger. Just goes to show the gulf of quality between the two sides in the centre.

Efforts in the first quarter were abysmal though.

Bloody proud of this side. Our gameplan will worry anyone. We're never out of it, coz our ball movement is always threatening and asking questions of the oppo. We don't chip it around, nor bomb it down the line. We continually take the corridor. I f*n love it.

DGB has arrived.
Morrison outstanding.
Ward very good.
CJ 3 votes.
Jai will be a star.
Frost had his best game for us.
Sicily building.

Jom is a massive worry. You'd almost drop him if he wasn't captain.

Reeves looks gassed. I'd play Lynch this week.

Finn is simply not up to it at this point.
I think JOM somehow needs to reinvent himself , two teenagers are going past him with a bullet .

From a rebuild perspective that isnt a bad thing for the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3, 2022: Hawks go down to the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back