Preview 2022 Rd 5 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sunday 17th 1.40PM @ MCG - Team changes post #803

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why we're no longer entertaining this.

He was drafted as a mid. It's like he's being punished for having an extra string to his bow. Dow gets that prime midfield spot because he's unable to play anywhere else, where Stock is played down back because he's capable, despite likely being as good as Dow in the middle.

I think the Club can see Stocker is versatile and could ply just as well in the mid as he can down back. Whereas Dow is midfield or bust so when he has the one string then the Xlub can play to his strengths and move the magnets around for others who are versatile.

If OMac wasn't injured he'd be picked before Young every week.

Agree but not sure about every week. Only take one or two bad performances from Omac for him to be under pressure. He gets talked about like he is an AA backmen sometimes on here when comparing to others on our list.

As i said earlier, always makes me laugh how good players are when not in the 22

Omac was one of the main reasons we held on to our wins in round 2 and 3 where our midfield did not dominate for most of both games. Utter ******* drivel. Youngs got potential. Omacs more developed and a better option. Just insanity. The coaches obviously think Omacs better than young to cause yknow when they were both fit they chose one and not the other.

Jesus
Yeah, Omac was particularly influential in the second half of round 2, and in round 3...
Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

What is this utter nonsense and why is it getting likes.

Young got smashed in slow entries as well as fast. This fad of 'players get better when they aren't in the team' is an utter joke.

Omac was one of the main reasons we held on to our wins in round 2 and 3 where our midfield did not dominate for most of both games. Utter ******* drivel. Youngs got potential. Omacs more developed and a better option. Just insanity. The coaches obviously think Omacs better than young to cause yknow when they were both fit they chose one and not the other.

Jesus

good melt 🤣

Oscar is so good he is one of the main reasons we won when injured 2nd half of round 2 and in the stands round 3.....amazing, i take it back, he is better than alex rance

Agree but not sure about every week. Only take one or two bad performances from Omac for him to be under pressure. He gets talked about like he is an AA backmen sometimes on here when comparing to others on our list.

As i said earlier, always makes me laugh how good players are when not in the 22

He's the only other tall defender we have to put on more physical opponents outside of JW.

He's structurally important as he can allow Weiters to use some of that intercepting ability which he can't do when he's the only big bodied tall down back.

It's how he allows us to set up structurally that is important.

Not necessarily that he's an AA defender.

Yep, he really helped 2nd half of round 2 and round 3.....as i said, it was a nice melt by

I dont disagree Omac is better the Young ATM but Young will be ok. Was ok vs the hawks and struggled against the suns but who didnt.

If i was to guess:
1. Doesnt have the tank
2. We have 5 mids ahead of him so they want to get him in the side and see his value in the backline with toughness and skills.

I'd hope after 3 (?) pre-seasons and plenty of senior footy he would have the tank by now.

Fair enough re: the mids. We have a few skillful running defenders he is probably behind too. Just hope he doesn't leave for more midfield minutes elsewhere at end of year.

2022 Kill Bill hitlist update:

1649818671950.png
Richmond. Tick
Doggies. Tick
Hawks. Tick.

Port has been beating up on us in recent years. They've won 6 out of the last 7 with a huge %.

They are missing key players and are not the same team we have faced in recent years.

I smell blood. TIME FOR REVENGE!!!

Last edited:
What is this utter nonsense and why is it getting likes.

Young got smashed in slow entries as well as fast. This fad of 'players get better when they aren't in the team' is an utter joke.

Jesus

Do you reckon you can tone down the aggression a little?

Port could be missing...
  • Wines (their Cripps)
  • Lycett (Pittonet)
    • To be replaced by debutant Hayes (bigger, older than TDK, but equally raw/unproven at AFL level)
  • Aliir (Weitering)
  • Dixon (Harry)
If we played without Cripps, Pittonet, Harry and Weitering, we'd be screwed.

No excuse for not putting these guys away.

* And before you shout me down by saying our guys are much better than theirs.... Wines won the Brownlow, Aliir made AA (ahead of Weiters, grrrr), Lycett is better than Pittonet (right now) and Dixon is no mug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port could be missing...
  • Wines (their Cripps)
  • Lycett (Pittonet)
    • To be replaced by debutant Hayes (bigger, older than TDK, but equally raw/unproven at AFL level)
  • Aliir (Weitering)
  • Dixon (Harry)

* And before you shout me down by saying our guys are much better than theirs.... Wines won the Brownlow, Aliir made AA (ahead of Weiters, grrrr), Lycett is better than Pittonet (right now) and Dixon is no mug.
It should be a very comfortable win on paper. I've called for a belting because that is what would happen to us if we were missing said calibre players. In saying that, teams I reckon still think we will falter if a bit of grunt and pressure is applied. Port will come out swinging big time to get the dominancy. If this game is close at half time or 3qtr time, it is definitely going to test this teams mental resiliency and application.

Lose, and it almost undoes everything we have done in the first month.

Next 4 games will make or break the season.

6-2 would be an amazing first 2 months!

Port could be missing...
  • Wines (their Cripps)
  • Lycett (Pittonet)
  • Aliir (Weitering)
  • Dixon (Harry)

Don't disagree, though I think Port's ability to cover for missing talls is better than ours. I don't think it will be a belting, but we should win. Dixon loves playing against us.

Port could be missing...
  • Wines (their Cripps)
  • Lycett (Pittonet)
  • Aliir (Weitering)
  • Dixon (Harry)

Could argue Aliir is our Gov, with both being good interceptors.

That would make Wines/Cripps and Aliir/Gov cancel each other out...although Aliir is a test and could still play. I think Lycett a test as well, played on after he got injured last week. Also Cripps being our captain and in far better form than Wines this year makes that loss bigger for us IMO.

They are missing McKenzie and Fantasia but they aren't stars...could just as easily point to Cunners/Honey/Marchbank etc for comparisons.

They got Clurey back last week who is important for their defence and will get Robbie Gray back this week.

We've had multiple guys be impacted by COVID. I don't think the 'OUTS' column is that unbalanced.

Last edited:
Yep, he really helped 2nd half of round 2 and round 3.....as i said, it was a nice melt by

I dont disagree Omac is better the Young ATM but Young will be ok. Was ok vs the hawks and struggled against the suns but who didnt.

I'm not sure that's a good argument. We dropped off massively in the 2nd half of round 2 and were poor round 3 except for 1 quarter. Not saying he's the reason but pretty obvious our best football this year was with him in the team.

Think the changes will (should?) be:

Out: Cripps, Fogarty, Martin, Plowman

In: Dow, Durdin, Pittonet, Stocker

Last edited:
Gray has 10 goals in his last 5 games against us (if I've read the stats right). Plow seems to have done a pretty good job on him
This. Plow blankets Charlie Cameron usually when we play Brions too. Plow is much better on smaller forwards than medium sized forwards.

This. Plow blankets Charlie Cameron usually when we play Brions too. Plow is much better on smaller forwards than medium sized forwards.
From memory has quite a good record on Papley and Walters as well. Many seem to have forgotten what happened when we were without Plow last year. Papley and Ryan (WCE) dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back