• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical: if Berg continues with this form for the season, would you trade him to GWS, Gold Coast, WB etc for one of their emerging quick mids?

It would be a brave call, not one we're prone to make, but given we have RT, I probably would.
Good question; interesting. Tough call :think:.

If EH continues with this form he could actually get even better. I don't think he's peaked yet.
Doesn't look like Fog is gonna make it (I could be wrong).
Thilthorpe is the obvious eventual replacement for Tex, which would make EH/ Thilthorpe/ Gollant our main forwards.

I never thought I'd say this --- never --- but I'd stick with EH on current form.

Hypothetical: if Berg continues with this form for the season, would you trade him to GWS, Gold Coast, WB etc for one of their emerging quick mids?

It would be a brave call, not one we're prone to make, but given we have RT, I probably would.
These emerging "quick mids" got names?

And by emerging you mean young right?

The only "emerging quick mid" I can see that would get us in that Himmelberg discussion is Xavier O'Halloran and Jeremy Sharp and that would be on the proviso Himmelberg has a pretty reasonable season 2022?

It is human nature to make more comments and analyse the things we see are negatives than positives.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dunno that it's 'human nature' to pay more attention to negatives.
Positive reinforcement is a powerful developing tool. Praise is more effective than criticism, well, generally.

But the thread is Good/Bad/Ugly and has 2 negative components, enabling people to make negative comments; even better if they justify them with supporting facts/observations.

How many times do our midfielders get drawn into the contest all at once and leave 1 or 2 opposition mids alone just off the contest only to have the ball either 1) squirt out of the contest, 2) be handballed by one of that opposition players team mates out to him or 3) even worse have one of our own mids dish it straight out to him!!..
Plenty.
Your complaints about the Crows mids are justified.

I'd add a 4).
How many times does RoB actually tap the ball to our mids' advantage?
It was exasperating watching his ruck-touches sharked by or worse, go straight to Richmond mids.

Bring in Strachan.
However, Nicks waxed lyrical about RoB's fitness, so it won't happen, even if "fit" does not = "effective".

Good question; interesting. Tough call :think:.

If EH continues with this form he could actually get even better. I don't think he's peaked yet.
Doesn't look like Fog is gonna make it (I could be wrong).
Thilthorpe is the obvious eventual replacement for Tex, which would make EH/ Thilthorpe/ Gollant our main forwards.

I never thought I'd say this --- never --- but I'd stick with EH on current form.
You look at EH and see a guy who should grab everything in the air and if not mark it cause a contest.

Frustrating seeing that not happen at times, but maybe he has reached that maturity where he knows how to use that body.

Took Harry McKay till last year to be consistently good.

Plus quicker ball movement.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

At this stage probably not because we can't rely on Tex forever and Fogarty is a stop-gap at best ATM. If you could develop 'Berg, Thilthorpe and Gollant as your 3 talls, that'd be something I bet.

If we're taking chances in the draft, i'm taking one I can find a good midfielder more often than I can find a good tall forward. Or you use picks to trade for a midfielder like we did with Dawson or Hawthorn with Mitchell or O'Meara, Carlton for Cerra for example.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good - it's been a while (5 years) since we have had 4 players averaging 2 or more goals per game.

4.5 Walker (9 in 2 games) - leading AFL in averages.
2.4 Rachele (12 in 5)
2.0 Himmelberg (10 in 5)
2.0 McAdam (2 in 1)

They predict a $2000 fine for Cotchin on Fox Footy. Low impact and to the body which equals fine
If roles had been reversed they would be calling for huge number of games.

Cotchin has form as a dirty player.

Do the AFL really want to encourage this behaviour?

Ugly free count if you are Richmond. 33:13 is crazy.
Some of their supporters still think it's the main reason why they lost... as they still haven't realised their premiership window has shut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Richmond, R5 2022

Back