• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you reckon you'd get a quality up and coming mid for a half back flanker?
No... but that's still no argument for trading a player for whom there is no backup, indeed there is already an existing need to recruit more players in that area.

I don't mind giving up a good player - but we need to have a replacement for them, or we just end up going round & round in circles, without progressing towards the goal (a premiership).

Again you can't read!

I never said that AFC read what is posted on here.

Show me this quote claiming that I did.
Nice shifting of the goalposts. You've now changed the thing that you say needs to be proven, after someone quoted you saying the thing you asked to be proven previously.

Everyone can see through this dude. Just stop.

Groom was highly rated, it actually took some guts to trade him out.

This is your point- you need to give value to get value.
I don't have a problem with giving value to get value. What I do have a problem is giving value and creating a hole in the list, which you then have to spend the same amount of resources in filling.

Right now we have an abundance of players who could play on the wing - Dawson, Cook, Smith, Sholl, and Seed (in the unlikely event that he gets over his concussion problems). Sholl would have value, and is in our best 22, but we have the depth to cover his absence. Sholl would thus be a good candidate. I'm not saying that we would/should trade him, but he is the type of player we could look at trading - because of the depth we have in his position.

Hypothetical: if Berg continues with this form for the season, would you trade him to GWS, Gold Coast, WB etc for one of their emerging quick mids?

It would be a brave call, not one we're prone to make, but given we have RT, I probably would.
I probably would.

I'm sceptical of players who only start coming good when their contract is up for renewal. Guys like Vince and Jenkins were masters of this.

I can't believe posters are complaining about Billy being preferred over Himmelberg up forward

Can't you just enjoy the win over the Kangaroos?

Frampton had a great preseason. That has to be rewarded. Himmelberg came back in terrible shape (probably). Billy has burned up the SANFL and deserves a shot. Himmelberg is NOT the answer

What do you mean no goals for a month...? The Champion Data stats must be wrong

This place is so toxic

I haven't seen something so terrible since Liam Jones destroyed all those KPF's careers at Carlton.

I can't believe posters are complaining about Billy being preferred over Himmelberg up forward

Can't you just enjoy the win over the Kangaroos?

Frampton had a great preseason. That has to be rewarded. Himmelberg came back in terrible shape (probably). Billy has burned up the SANFL and deserves a shot. Himmelberg is NOT the answer

What do you mean no goals for a month...? The Champion Data stats must be wrong

This place is so toxic
Yep. Same posters too.

Probably won't hold this form. It's Berg. :unsure:
We all know a lot of KPF take longer to develop, maybe it has finally click for him and even when he was playing well in what we thought was his breakout season, his form wasn't this good and clearly we now know he has the talent for a 200cm forward.

So - just trade things that have almost no value?
No... you just don't trade things which can't be replaced, or which you'd need to spend as many resources replacing them as you'd get in return.
If Berg gets us a genuine first 22 midfielder, then it opens up the opportunity of using our first round pick on Lemmey or Scully. You keep Tex for one last year and then you let the three promising talls mature together.
You're being too shortsighted. At best, Tex has 1 more year left in him. So, at the end of 2023, Tex is retired, Fog delisted, and Billy is either delisted or playing in defence. We have 3x tall forwards on our list - TT, Berg, and Gollant (who isn't a KPF). With no depth whatsoever, these players cannot be traded.

What you're proposing here doesn't make a lot of sense. You're talking about trading a proven, decent quality KPF, in order to draft another KPF - who would then need to spend several years developing before being AFL-ready, leaving a gaping hole in our forward line until the replacement is AFL-ready. Not only that, but it's doubtful that Berg would get us a pick high enough to grab Lemmey in the first place.

What you're proposing is trading for the sake of trading... which makes sense, given your obsession with Playstation trades. It makes very little sense in the real world.
Alternatively, Berg isn't so old that he can't be the 2nd piece next to TT long-term. It also makes sense to keep him and draft into our midfield.

Neither idea is wrong.
Absolutely, Berg will be the 2nd piece to TT.
Neither would be trading a ruck. We have 2 first 22 quality rucks and we only have a spot for one. Trade ROB, play Strachan and draft a high upside junior and a backup from the state league? That at least needs to be considered.
I'm 100% supportive of this suggestion.
I know these kinds of things blow your mind because you haven't always had the imagination to understand how trades could work, but they all would be weighed up by a quality list management team.
I just don't agree with your philosophy of Playstation trading, trading for the sake of trading, and destroying our team list in the process.

Once again... I'm not against trading quality, just against trading quality which can't be replaced without significant expenditure of resources. I want us to move forwards, not play a zero-sum game, just because someone wants to indulge in pointless Playstation trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What young KPD's are showing more upside and don't tell me Josh Worrell because he has rarely been played as a permanent KPD in the SANFL, he generally plays the 3rd tall somewhat similar to Forder in the AFL.

McAsey, Murray, Frampton and Borlase have been the go to guys depending on who's playing AFL. Frampton has the others all covered at this point in time considering he's relatively new to the role, Murray is really the only one in the discussion and he hasn't been that great the last couple of weeks.
Murray has shown he can defend for starters.

Nice shifting of the goalposts. You've now changed the thing that you say needs to be proven, after someone quoted you saying the thing you asked to be proven previously.

Everyone can see through this dude. Just stop.
I have read this post 3 times & still have little idea what you are saying!

It doesn't matter what we "accept". We're just anonymous fans on an internet forum. Literally nothing we do or say has any influence on whether the team improves.

This board has become absolutely cooked. Just more and more negative bitterness, no matter what actually happens. The number of people on here who seem to be genuinely hoping that players go badly so they're proven right has gone through the roof.
I’m finding myself coming on this board a lot less due to that, used to be more rounded discussions.

Could be trolls.

That said apparently 30% of voters didn't think Smith played well
Yeah, even stranger. His positioning/anticipation/game sense are all elite. He's the Crows equivalent of The Jackal; a quiet, effective assassin who gets it done without fanfare. He was top-6 imo.

We're all watching the same game, the same players, the same everything, but the polar opposite opinions on the games of some players is odd/amusing, to say the least.
(Do I dare mention that 61/100 voters did not think Frampton played well? :whistle:
Even more were unhappy with Mrouch and RoB, justifiably.)

Just audibly laughed our loud at the Easter lunch table when I checked to Port Carlton scores....

Looks like it's gonna be a terrible Easter at Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Richmond, R5 2022

Back