VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez I try and contain myself a bit when it comes to draftees but whenever you read about Owens it’s all tick tick tick tick. 10 contested possessions predominantly as a forward. Have to love that.

Jeez I try and contain myself a bit when it comes to draftees but whenever you read about Owens it’s all tick tick tick tick. 10 contested possessions predominantly as a forward. Have to love that.
Sore him take a couple of genuine contested pack marks in our forward 50. The commentators starts saying he is like bont and Cripps. Or atleast in the mold 🤤

Read the whole thing cause it’s fantastic as always but a few takeaways:

Billing’s played completely forward in the first half and then inside in the second half. Racked up 10 contested possessions and 5 tackles

Batch seems to have (well deserved) enormous wraps on Byrnes. I think it’s time we reward him and play him. He’ll love running around on the open space of the G.

Owens 10/14 contested possessions and 4 shots at goal as a forward. Played there to give him experience. They’re looking to have him forward more often to help his development

Connolly apparently needs to work on playing out full games. Has a tendency to fade out that they’ve noticed

Billing’s played completely forward in the first half and then inside in the second half. Racked up 10 contested possessions and 5 tackles

Batch seems to have (well deserved) enormous wraps on Byrnes. I think it’s time we reward him and play him. He’ll love running around on the open space of the G.

Owens 10/14 contested possessions and 4 shots at goal as a forward. Played there to give him experience. They’re looking to have him forward more often to help his development

Connolly apparently needs to work on playing out full games. Has a tendency to fade out that they’ve noticed
Also seems very keen in Highmore and Joyce. It's really "pleasing" to see Joyce develop. Batch says in the best 3. I watched most of this game and thought he was very good. I'm interested to see how he goes in the 1sts when he gets the chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he's run round at the G before , but his games earlier this year mean its a risk to bring him in against Melbourne of all teams.

latest

I'm sure he's run round at the G before , but his games earlier this year mean its a risk to bring him in against Melbourne of all teams.
The likelihood of Ronnie coming back in when nobody in the seniors played a “drop-worthy” game and we’re already likely to need to find spots for Jones and Billings is extremely slim.

Unless of course we get unexpected injuries or Covid cases.

Great that he and Highmore in particular are putting pressure on for spots in the seniors though.

Keeps everyone honest.

I like getting guys like Byrnes, Owens, even Geary more time forward to put pressure on the likes of Butler and Higgins. If there's guys in the VFL getting great stats and showing great pressure, suddenly Butler in particular will need to do more to retain his spot.

I'm aware Butler is a great pressure player, but he's not doing much else the last few weeks. Most of the list are expected to do more than one thing and Butler needs to start adding goals to his tally to support his pressure acts.

Hopefully Bytel gets up

Unfortunately we will probably have to hold an emergency over for the Sunday game though

If Bytel is fit, it may pay to make him one of those emergencies (not the sub) as it will give him the extra week to get over any niggles as he would be 99% unlikely to play.

Coaches votes all over the place this week

Sandringham 15.9 (99) def Frankston 7.10 (52)
Ryan Byrnes (San)
7 Jack Billings (San)
5 Jack Bytel (San)
4 Darragh Joyce (San)
2 Tom Highmore (San)
2 Zak Jones (San)
1 Sam Dunell (San)
1 Jarryn Geary (San)

Coach 1
5 - Bytel
4 - Billings
3 - Byrnes
2 - Jones
1 - Dunell

Coach 2
5 - Byrnes
4 - Joyce
3 - Billings
2 - Highmore
1 - Geary

Coaches votes all over the place this week

Sandringham 15.9 (99) def Frankston 7.10 (52)
Ryan Byrnes (San)
7 Jack Billings (San)
5 Jack Bytel (San)
4 Darragh Joyce (San)
2 Tom Highmore (San)
2 Zak Jones (San)
1 Sam Dunell (San)
1 Jarryn Geary (San)

Coach 1
5 - Bytel
4 - Billings
3 - Byrnes
2 - Jones
1 - Dunell

Coach 2
5 - Byrnes
4 - Joyce
3 - Billings
2 - Highmore
1 - Geary
The Frankston coach clearly misread the team sheet.

13 v 23

Byrnes v Bytel

Yep I see what happened.

Byrnes got votes from both coaches without anyone getting confused.

With the game was essentially over by the time Bytel got injured, must have thought Bytel was better when the game was hot.

I intermittently watched the match and can't say I thought Bytel was playing an exceptional game. Byrnes on the other hand was doing it all. I would have given all the votes to him.

Coach 2 looks more on the money although Billings and Geary were good enough but probably would have given votes to others. Must have played their expected roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back