Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
You know as well as anyone here that the club don’t view Denver as a KPD.

He's still a tall defender that will form part of the defensive unit, and is one player that will actually defend a man - compared to the plethora of loose HBF's that we have.

I have absolutely no doubt he will play on KPF's or resting rucks in the future.

In the event that Gunston leaves, what midsize forwards could be realistic trade targets? What about Josh Corbett? Could he be the type of player that can complement Lewis and Koschitzke? Joel Amartey perhaps? He was just named in the VFL team of the year as the centre half forward.

Will be disappointed if we get Flanders, not a huge fan of his
In the event that Gunston leaves, what midsize forwards could be realistic trade targets? What about Josh Corbett? Could he be the type of player that can complement Lewis and Koschitzke? Joel Amartey perhaps? He was just named in the VFL team of the year as the centre half forward.
I'd love Amartey but I also wouldn't be adverse to us looking at Fergus Greene seriously.

Will be disappointed if we get Flanders, not a huge fan of his

I'd love Amartey but I also wouldn't be adverse to us looking at Fergus Greene seriously.
We will be going backwards at a rate of knots if we pin our future on Fergus Greene. VFL is his level, he doesn’t provide enough defensive pressure for a AFL forward.

He's still a tall defender that will form part of the defensive unit, and is one player that will actually defend a man - compared to the plethora of loose HBF's that we have.

I have absolutely no doubt he will play on KPF's or resting rucks in the future.
Hopefully he’ll turn into our version of Dylan Grimes, but our biggest issue is in the midfield.

He’s a commodity that might get the Eagles to hand over Pick 2, and at the top end of the draft is the exact class of mids we lack.

Hopefully he’ll turn into our version of Dylan Grimes, but our biggest issue is in the midfield.

He’s a commodity that might get the Eagles to hand over Pick 2, and at the top end of the draft is the exact class of mids we lack.
I cannot be convinced that the difference in possible quality between the 3rd best player in the whole country and the 6th best warrants such a price.

Juries out isn’t it.

Meanwhile McCabe hasn't even entered his final TAC season. He may be a top KPD talent (that will still require multiple seasons to develop) or he may do a Jeka and go from highly rated to rookie prospect.

We can't be using the emerging McCabe as a potential justification for trading DGB.

Meanwhile McCabe hasn't even entered his final TAC season. He may be a top KPD talent (that will still require multiple seasons to develop) or he may do a Jeka and go from highly rated to rookie prospect.

We can't be using the emerging McCabe as a potential justification for trading DGB.
McCabe isn’t a justification for trading DGB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we are valuing DGB at Zac Dawson levels. DGB has shown glimpses of what he will become as well as the usual rookie mistakes.

But his time will come.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can just imagine Mark McKenzie opening up big footy one day and opening this thread….

Day Valentine GIF

If we really had our heart set on a top pick or picks we should have been looking to trade Sicily. Would have got some proper draft picks to rebuild the midfield. It would have been ruthless but it would have been better than the other options we had.

If we really had our heart set on a top pick or picks we should have been looking to trade Sicily. Would have got some proper draft picks to rebuild the midfield. It would have been ruthless but it would have been better than the other options we had.
How do you trade a free agent? 🤔

Mitch Cleary on 7 stating Lions are front runners for Dunkley. Good luck getting anything more than a future 4th for Gunner if he wants to head north.
Why is it every time I read one of your posts I’m immediately reminded of this

Attachments

• EA01DB55-7DA5-40D6-8D06-90DC47B6A6AD.jpeg
    EA01DB55-7DA5-40D6-8D06-90DC47B6A6AD.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 206
I wonder who were looking in our own back yard this year at boxhill.

A 4 pick upgrade for DGB is giving him away for peanuts given he is a tall defender in his second year of footy playing for a rebuilding team that gifts the opposition inside 50’s.

Reckon 6+Brockman+24 or future second for 2 is fair.
Still too much, we need more than one bite at the cherry in the first 25 picks this year or next. I'd want at the minimum a 3rd rounder back as well for that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back