Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree happy to have him, but I'd like to see some more depth added then just one player
We need to be going harder and players seeking SA
I agree given we have several holes in our list and the last 2 drafts looks like we draft in one player in each draft. If we had almost no holes, then I like it but if we'd bought in 2 bits of quality last draft and 2 this draft then we have filled 4 holes in the list.

As for Port getting JHF there is no two ways about it

Port Adelaide Have “Made Out Like Bandits” On JHF Deal​

All year I have thought his behavioural issues have been a massive concern, but so many people here were just so enamoured with him that they just turned a blind eye and blamed it all on North Melbourne.

I also wonder too had we traded for him last year whether we would have seen the same stuff happening with him, I think the chances are good that we would have.

I'm also not sold on the hype either, the "once in a generation talent", has been over used to death now.

To me he's still very much an unknown quantity at this point and his behaviour makes him a bit of a risk.

Agree

It’s all potential and no production at the moment with many of his draft class having better years

Let’s not forget Port fans turned on Rozzee for a period of time, imagine what they will do if JHF doesn’t at back two years of missed draft opportunities

From what I see in JHF he looks to be a hard working blue chip midfielder, what I am not seeing is that X factor and genuine class that can turn.a game in its head

Port have played all their chips on this trade period, it’s flag or bust for them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree

It’s all potential and no production at the moment with many of his draft class having better years

Let’s not forget Port fans turned on Rozzee for a period of time, imagine what they will do if JHF doesn’t at back two years of missed draft opportunities

From what I see in JHF he looks to be a hard working blue chip midfielder, what I am not seeing is that X factor and genuine class that can turn.a game in its head

Port have played all their chips on this trade period, it’s flag or bust for them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Port have not played all their chips, why do posters keep repeating this rubbish?

They used 2 firsts and some later average picks. For their 2 firsts they got JHF, so the most they have chipped in is an extra first which could be in the teens next year.

They picked up Rioli as well which cost them some average picks.

They killed it. It’s ok to acknowledge other clubs. It’s like your statement that Rozee was crap for half of last year, it’s bogus.

Port have not played all their chips, why do posters keep repeating this rubbish?

They used 2 firsts and some later average picks. For their 2 firsts they got JHF, so the most they have chipped in is an extra first which could be in the teens next year.

They picked up Rioli as well which cost them some average picks.

They killed it. It’s ok to acknowledge other clubs. It’s like your statement that Rozee was crap for half of last year, it’s bogus.
George take off the ladies glasses, they got two pea hearted fringe players who potentially have a high ceilings (especially Billy Rioli) provided they change their work ethics and attitudes. Don’t know why you’re virtue signalling but you’re on the wrong board for that champ.

Last edited:
Whether or not JHF or Rioli overcome their issues…. I wish we were the ones trying to find out.

First off, Rioli is a proven premiership player. Just needs to recapture what they know he can do.

And JHF is 19. People are willing to write off a 19yo based on his “work ethic” and “attitude?”

He doesn’t even know the meaning of those words yet. You might as well write him off based on his haircut and the colour of his iPhone.

If I had a dollar for every poster on here who backwards rationalized something in our favour based on a player who “didn’t have the work ethic…”

View attachment 1532493
Incorrect. Drugs are bad.

He needed a reality check to wake him up and see if he really wanted to continue his afl dream or take drugs and be a second rate player. Dropping him was the kick in the pants he needed. But yeah sure we should have definitely have kept him onboard and rewarded his actions at the time.

Incorrect. Drugs are bad.

He needed a reality check to wake him up and see if he really wanted to continue his afl dream or take drugs and be a second rate player. Dropping him was the kick in the pants he needed. But yeah sure we should have definitely have kept him onboard and rewarded his actions at the time.

When‘s the next board meeting?

Berry, Schoenberg, Soligo all look very promising as pure mids, I agree. Will they end up as elite and take us to a premiership? Not sure on that.
People are saying JHF is elite ….. but has he shown anymore in his 1 year of AFL. than Berry and Soligo ??? …… not IMO

just have to beware of player hype coming into National Drafts …… they’re blown up in abilities, particularly when you get Dangerfield comparisons

JHF will be a good player …. how good is a guess ATM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF will be a good player …. how good is a guess ATM
I wish we were the ones who had that opportunity to find out just how good. I don't think there is any doubt he will be elite and back at home and in a comfortable environment I see him soaring. He had an underwhelming season playing in the most underwhelming team in the comp atm. Homesick and not happy. Plus, all the pressure that comes along with being number 1 pick. Can he handle that? I hope so Jack Watts didn't.

Keep up campaigner. You never heard Taylor walker say that? Mustn't have been listening. Not surprising from you. Back to the ignored list.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF
Wow touchy

Why 6 years ….. confuses me ?

Would JHF have left Port to go back to Vic

Would JHF left Port to come to the Crows

I don’t think so, but someone was worried

The other thing to keep in mind too is that for him to sign for 6 years it means the financial offer attached to it must have been pretty impressive.

Players just don't commit to contracts like that unless they're rewarded handsomely.

Kane said he believes it was 600-700k, knowing how Kane and Rucci often talk down Port contracts, it's entirely possible it could even be 800k as was reported before.

If the deal is 4.8 million over 6 years that's complete madness.

The other thing to keep in mind too is that for him to sign for 6 years it means the financial offer attached to it must have been pretty impressive.

Players just don't commit to contracts like that unless they're rewarded handsomely.

Kane said he believes it was 600-700k, knowing how Kane and Rucci often talk down Port contracts, it's entirely possible it could even be 800k as was reported before.

Didnt that f**kwit complain about the Crows paying a lot for Rankine, the rich irony here is palpable.

I wish someone would find those comments he made about Rankine and what we allegedly paid.

There's no way he's signing for 6 years at only 650k.

There's no way he's signing for 6 years at only 650k.
I love how they low balled his contract thinking that they can fool us.

JHF coming to Port ahead of the Crows, any competent manager could easily get north of $750k per year.

They aint fooling anyone.

The reason they are doing this is because they know they need to keep pay players like Rozzee and Butters around the same amount as well.

Last edited:
I love how low balled they think they can fool us.

JHF coming to Port ahead of the Crows, any competent manager would easily north of $750k per year.

They aint fooling anyone.

The reason they are doing this is because they know they need to keep pay players like Rozzee and Butters around the same amount as well.
Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some under the table business going on as well with the flogs. They are 12 million in debt mind you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back