Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on,

We gave him a huge salary. Rehabbed his knee to the point where he can play 20+ game seasons and just gave him a 4 year contract he's looking to jump out of early.

We have looked after him massively. Bent over backwards to get him in, paid him big cash for average performances when you look at it.

He always seemed like the player that did ok when watching and you would look at his stats sheet and see just that . He would have about 20 touches a few clearances a couple of tackles and people would say “he has done enough” to keep his spot for another week.

Probably be better if we could package 2 of those picks in the 20s for one in the mid teens I'd say.
I hear outside of the top 7-10, the next 20 are pretty even. So it wouldn't make sense to do what you've proposed. But, I'm sure MM and his team know the lay of the land more

Hang on,

We gave him a huge salary. Rehabbed his knee to the point where he can play 20+ game seasons and just gave him a 4 year contract he's looking to jump out of early.
I don’t think you can really say he’s jumping out early when the clubs been looking to trade senior players both last year and this year.

It’s amenable to both parties to move him on. As long as we get a decent return. Can’t say I blame him for reading which way the wind is blowing.

Geez McKenzie has left a lot to get done in the last few hours- Titch, JOM, Meek, Stephens trades all to get done. Get the feeling they don’t all happen…
If they don't happen, it would be due to MM time constraints.

It will be due to other clubs being pricks, asking for overs, offering unders

Geez McKenzie has left a lot to get done in the last few hours- Titch, JOM, Meek, Stephens trades all to get done. Get the feeling they don’t all happen…
cant possibly think thats all on him

O'Meara still making decision into today
Pies, Freo and Geelong have all had heaps going on

Not just the original trade capital, but our senior players have all been overpaid for years in order to hit the salary cap floor with a below average list. We shouldn't be doing any more charity deals.

Don’t get me started on our cap.

McEvoy Shiels Gunners Howe Mitchell and O’meara would be paid about 2.5-3mill each year between them.

With that going out what is coming in?

Amon 600
Sicily pay rise with new contract
Jeka and Brocky small pay rise?

Good time to be an average player on our list when you consider we need to hit the 12.5 million minimum spend.

I imagine a lot of the leg work has been done, hopefully just finishing touches this afternoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McEvoy Shiels Gunners Howe Mitchell and O’meara would be paid about 2.5-3mill each year between them.

Amon 600

Good time to be an average player on our list when you consider we need to hit the 12.5 million minimum spend.

You'd be ****ing pissing yourself being an average footballer on our list, could well find yourself on 400-500k a season soon enough.

Amon 600

Just have to trust/hope that this means a LOT of front loading on our long term contracts next season 🤞🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back