Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Dom on hearing Mitchell and elite alluded to in the same sentence:

spider-man tingle GIF by MANGOTEETH
Blowing webs all over the shop

You'd love for once MM to actually not roll over and let other teams make us look stupid. If freo don't come to the party Jaegar stays or goes to GWS.

Meek and 21 for Jaegar and 52
Please don’t confuse MM with Graham Wrong. He’s been flat out trying to fix the $hitshow that was created by Wright in the first place

Pretty awful way to treat a player who had to deal with the wrath of that turd Cochrane to get to us in the first place. JOM's been loyal and has captained the side in a number of games, he deserves better imo
IMOH I would rate JOM's tenure at the Hawks as mildly disappointing.

Sure he has had runs of good form and when he is good he can be very good but gosh he has had some serious periods of poor to middling form as well .

And often those poor games have coincided with big games when we needed our leaders to step up which makes any comparison to Hodgey pretty ludicrous as Hodgey always stepped up another level in these games.

I don't really blame him as I think it's mainly related to his injury history but there is no denying that like Chad we paid an A grade price for a B grade player.

Agree. Has he really lived up to his end of the bargain? No
We do what’s best for us
Agree 100%.

We paid an A grade price for a B grade player, we can't get screwed again in this deal!

For Tom Mitchell I reckon we would give a little to get a deal done though as no one can deny that he hasn't given the club absolute value for money and deserves some looking after.

Pretty awful way to treat a player who had to deal with the wrath of that turd Cochrane to get to us in the first place. JOM's been loyal and has captained the side in a number of games, he deserves better imo
Hang on,

We gave him a huge salary. Rehabbed his knee to the point where he can play 20+ game seasons and just gave him a 4 year contract he's looking to jump out of early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree 100%.

We paid an A grade price for a B grade player, we can't get screwed again in this deal!

For Tom Mitchell I reckon we would give a little to get a deal done though as no one can deny that he hasn't given the club absolute value for money and deserves some looking after.
Not just the original trade capital, but our senior players have all been overpaid for years in order to hit the salary cap floor with a below average list. We shouldn't be doing any more charity deals.

IMOH I would rate JOM's tenure at the Hawks as mildly disappointing.

Sure he has had runs of good form and when he is good he can be very good but gosh he has had some serious periods of poor to middling form as well .

And often those poor games have coincided with big games when we needed our leaders to step up which makes any comparison to Hodgey pretty ludicrous as Hodgey always stepped up another level in these games.

I don't really blame him as I think it's mainly related to his injury history but there is no denying that like Chad we paid an A grade price for a B grade player.

He had these games when you thought wow with Jaegar, explosive.... but then you wouldn't see anything close to it for another 8 weeks.

End of the day, he was workmanlike as a Hawk.

We overestimated our medical staff, maybe because of Silk, or underestimated his injury.

He's still provided more bang than Chad but as a Hawk...

So it seems like best case scenario we'll end up with 4 picks inside 27 this trade period ? Then it's up to MM and co to get it really right on draft might ?
Probably the best outcome, including getting in Meek and/or Stephens.

Would call that a good trade period

Just as a reminder, talent isn't the deciding factor in a players future as a prospect. Development, through u18s and in the formative years at a club, are pretty universally more important in deciding the quality of a player in their prime. Top end talent provides more (athletically, skills wise and mentality wise) to work with, but if your internal development system is rubbish you're going to end up suffering. If we back our dev team in, I'm happy taking 4 top 30 picks in rather than trading up a few spots.

Agree 100%.

Absolutely. We effectively got Mitchell for pick 14, and he went on to win a Brownlow and 3 B & F’s. With that kind of CV, you can live with getting slight unders in a trade when they wish to move on.

I love JOM, but there’s really no reason to get fleeced on trading him out while he’s still contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back