Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a possibility that we keep both Tom and Jaegar.

Romance Love GIF by The Bachelorette Australia

For Jaegar ideally, we get GWS involved and pick 19 but would accept 21 and Meek. Tom we are obviously waiting for pick 27

How about we just tell JOM we're shipping him off to GWS if Freo don't come to the party. If he don't like that, then we hope he enjoys his elongated stay at Waverley.
Pretty awful way to treat a player who had to deal with the wrath of that turd Cochrane to get to us in the first place. JOM's been loyal and has captained the side in a number of games, he deserves better imo

Pretty awful way to treat a player who had to deal with the wrath of that turd Cochrane to get to us in the first place. JOM's been loyal and has captained the side in a number of games, he deserves better imo
He's a mature individual.

He knows what is best for the club and he will know the disparity between the Freo and GWS offers (both in relation to his contracts and the trades).

If he really wants to go to Freo, he needs to step up and tell Bell to make it happen.

As others have said, if he doesn't, then its GWS or Hawks for another 12 months.

Be curious to see how many clubs asked about Winguard this trade period.

If he doesn't set the world on fire by half way you would think he will be shopped next.

Hawthorn should of told Jom from the start if he was keen to explore his options as has been reported, to choose two clubs that we can deal with and be fairly compensated . “If we can’t be compensated fairly JOM we would love to have you back”

If his manager was worth a pinch of salt he could make Jom look like a champion here rather than a ruthless mercenary.

Remember the dramas when Jom arrived to us at the very last minute . This sort of smells like it may be happening again.

I just hope after the years of big money from us we have paid him, he is doing the right thing on the way out while still contracted may I add .

Not really, he's contracted. We don't owe him a smooth journey to Freo at the expense of getting bent over again.

We need to stop doing favours for everyone: incoming and outgoing players, and rival clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. We've looked after him massively and got little in return in terms of his performances.
If he wants to leave, then we do what's best for us. There are no free lunches anymore. Point blank.

A week ago a mate was telling me that he was at a Geelong function with Dangerfield who was raving about Cooper Stephens.
My day has been comprised of various methods of telling said mate that Bowes had better be good if he has pushed Dangerfields protégé out the door.
Dangerfield seems like the sort of character that would speak effusively about everyone...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Not really. We've looked after him massively and got little in return in terms of his performances.
If he wants to leave, then we do what's best for us. There are no free lunches anymore. Point blank.
Yeah our favours have turned us into a club who havent won a final for 7 years and a fair way in terms off breaking that drought.

These guys play the game they love, are paid well, and fortunate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Be curious to see how many clubs asked about Winguard this trade period.

If he doesn't set the world on fire by half way you would think he will be shopped next.
Next year is a big year for Chad.

Either he (finally) gets his body right and gets back to playing good footy again or he breaks down yet again and has another injury riddled year.

If he does indeed break down again I would question whether the Hawks or any other club would take the risk of giving him another contract.

Like I said it's gonna be a big year and he would want to be putting in a massive pre season (I am sure he is).

TD this is the attitude I like to see from you. We are not the Red Cross. Time for us to start playing ball and if we are seen as buggers to deal with while we get our house in order for a while then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back