FB: Cincotta Young McGovern
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cerra Walsh
HF: Dow C.Curnow O'Brien
FF: Silvagni McKay Owies

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int: Kennedy, Boyd, Binns, Kemp

EMG: Mirkov, E.Curnow, Marchbank, Fisher

If Jack isn't right to go, swing Kemp forward and bring in Marchbank or Fisher, Fogarty the next emergency.

Walsh to wing, please. O'Brien to half-forward to have less defensive responsibilities and more I50 chances. Let's not use SOS as a 2nd ruck, and stick with the combinations we unleashed after he went off, with him getting time in an on-ball rotation spelling Dow and Kennedy.

Knowing our luck though O'Brien and Silvagni are probably out until after the bye.
Walsh was wing last night early on quite a lot.

OUT: Cottrell, Fisher, Motlop (rest)
IN: Binns, Hewett

FB: Cincotta Young McGovern
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cerra Walsh
HF: Dow C.Curnow O'Brien
FF: Silvagni McKay Owies

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int: Kennedy, Boyd, Binns, Kemp

EMG: Mirkov, E.Curnow, Marchbank, Fisher

If Jack isn't right to go, swing Kemp forward and bring in Marchbank or Fisher, Fogarty the next emergency.

Walsh to wing, please. O'Brien to half-forward to have less defensive responsibilities and more I50 chances. Let's not use SOS as a 2nd ruck, and stick with the combinations we unleashed after he went off, with him getting time in an on-ball rotation spelling Dow and Kennedy.

Knowing our luck though O'Brien and Silvagni are probably out until after the bye.
LOB was no good at all and should never play afl again. He can’t play afl to any level of competence. That is over. It’s no one’s fault but his. He’s soft. He can’t concentrate. He does the most basic of errors (his love for kicking out on the full is fascinating.

I literally never want to see him play afl again. He’s not in our top 30 players.

LOB was no good at all and should never play afl again. He can’t play afl to any level of competence. That is over. It’s no one’s fault but his. He’s soft. He can’t concentrate. He does the most basic of errors (his love for kicking out on the full is fascinating.

I literally never want to see him play afl again. He’s not in our top 30 players.

Lob must be close to an AFL record for most kicks out of bounds on full. He’s terrible. He’s signed on for 2024 so it’ll be hard to get rid of him at the end of this year.

For me I’d also add Fisher to that list of those who shouldn’t play league again this year as well as Young too once Pitto returns from injury.

I feel the same, and what an indictment that in a team that is in such a rut they don’t try Binns ahead of him. Binns has been way better than LOB has ever been in the 2’s, yet they flog this perennial dead LOB horse.

Walsh was wing last night early on quite a lot.
Ah yes, during the time in which Cottrell was 'busy' and Fisher was 'energetic'. I'm sure neither of them took away space for him to utilise without producing anything.

1. He's still doing more running than Fisher ever will, and gets to the right areas both offensively and defensively
2. He's a better disposer to a moving target than Cottrell will ever be
3. He's always been a touch player, and tends to have an early shank while still trying for a precise kick... his history of knee and ankle problems lean into this as well

Tell me a better high half forward option on our list right now that's fit? Ideally, he Martin, and Cuningham would terrorise defences and we'd have Durdin, Motlop and Owies in the reserves developing craft in various positions/roles, but that's even more of a pipe dream than what you're labelling O'Brien as.

Our VFL side just beat Frankston by 3 pts. Binns ran all day and played great game on wing with 34 touches, although some of his disposal needs improvement. Definitely stood out for me as BOG and should be given a game in the senior side soon. Cunners started quietly, but came right into the game as it went on, accumulated 21 touches. May need a couple of games in 2's before any promotion. Others for consideration are Fog 21, Cowan 19, Martin 18, M'Bank and Plow 17 disposals. As well, all injury prone players seemed to get through the game without further injury which was good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boyd & Gov forward
Cowan Hewitt Binns in
Motts - LOB - JSOS out

Hoping Kennedy not injured as I’ve read here but heard nothing about….

Cinc - Wieters- Young
Saad - Kemp - Doc

Acres - Cripps - Walsh
TKD - Hewitt - Cerra

Binns - Charlie - Boyd
Gov - Harry - Owies

Kennedy - Cowan - Fisher - Dow
Sub Cotts

Send Gov forward and swing him back when

Young goes into the ruck when TKD needs a rest. Have young take all D 50 stoppages and set up TDK for the next kick from clearance

I’d like to see Boyd higher up the ground he has some skill and pace… we really need some spark and some tackle pressure. He and Binns could provide that.

Send Doc to half back and give his minutes on ball to Dow

Fisher owies and Cotts should all be dropped but who comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OUT : Silvagni Fisher O’Brien
INS : Dow Binns

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Docherty Young Saad
Walsh Cerra Acres
Motlop Curnow Cottrell
McGovern McKay Owies

DeKoning Cripps Dow

Kennedy Binns Cincotta

Play Dow and Fisher through the middle for some line breaking pace.

In: Mirkov, Cowan, Dow, Martin, Honey, Fogarty
Out: Silvagni, Young, O'Brien, Cottrell, Motlop, Owies

B: Cowan------------------McGovern----------------Cincotta

H: Docherty----------------Weitering------------------Saad

C: Acres---------------------Cripps-------------------Walsh

H: Martin------------------C.Curnow----------------Kemp

F: Fogarty------------------McKay-------------------Honey

Foll: De Koning, Dow, Fisher

Subs: Mirkov, Boyd, Cerra, Kennedy

Sub: Marchbank

Boyd & Gov forward
Cowan Hewitt Binns in
Motts - LOB - JSOS out

Hoping Kennedy not injured as I’ve read here but heard nothing about….

Cinc - Wieters- Young
Saad - Kemp - Doc

Acres - Cripps - Walsh
TKD - Hewitt - Cerra

Binns - Charlie - Boyd
Gov - Harry - Owies

Kennedy - Cowan - Fisher - Dow
Sub Cotts

Send Gov forward and swing him back when

Young goes into the ruck when TKD needs a rest. Have young take all D 50 stoppages and set up TDK for the next kick from clearance

I’d like to see Boyd higher up the ground he has some skill and pace… we really need some spark and some tackle pressure. He and Binns could provide that.

Send Doc to half back and give his minutes on ball to Dow

Fisher owies and Cotts should all be dropped but who comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could pick Cowan to play back and push Boyd forward. He was a half forward before he was a half back. Once Cunners and Martin are ready the other 2 will drop out.

Fisher shouldn’t play league again this year. He has become a huge liability. Cotts and Owies at least have a crack albeit neither of them are probably not AFL standard.

Our VFL side just beat Frankston by 3 pts. Binns ran all day and played great game on wing with 34 touches, although some of his disposal needs improvement. Definitely stood out for me as BOG and should be given a game in the senior side soon. Cunners started quietly, but came right into the game as it went on, accumulated 21 touches. May need a couple of games in 2's before any promotion. Others for consideration are Fog 21, Cowan 19, Martin 18, M'Bank and Plow 17 disposals. As well, all injury prone players seemed to get through the game without further injury which was good.
Not sure what game u were watching!
The story is PLOW!!! 🤣
He can now slot clutch goals on the run from the boundary outside 50!!!
Comes straight into our forward line!
He’s the 3rd tall we’ve been screaming for!! 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously thou, your post was spot on about how they all went, would add Cunners still a touch off (effective-not clean, but that will come on quickly) Marchbank gets to good spots and jeez he kicks it well- it just seems to be really easily markable & and has a great flight path

Binns has to play.

Out: Fisher, O’Brien
In: Binns and Dow.
I’m more than happy with these changes. Fish and LOB are a huge disappointment.

The problem is that Binns and Dow come in from being the top players in the reserves to not playing the role they are use to.

Dow unfortunately seems to second guess himself when in the 1’s

We have the wood over Essendon. Mainly because they have been a poor side which is dreadful in the contest. They have improved, we have regressed. Not sure we will get the win this time but the expectations will be that we should.

B: Kemp Weitering Cincotta
HB: Docherty McGovern Saad
C: Binns Cripps Acres
HF: Fogarty Young Motlop
F: McKay Curnow Owies
OB: DeKoning Cerra Walsh
IC: Boyd Dow Kennedy Martin
SUB: Hewett

IN:
Binns Fogarty Martin

OUT:
Fisher Silvagni Cottrell

We just don't have the forwards at the moment. That's got to be a big part of our list build. Martin is a bit of a risk but Cottrell and Fisher really don't inspire me.

Play Dow in the middle and rest him forward.

Fogarty can play as a pressure forward. Basically a version of Fisher who is not as good offensively but tackles.

Backline I like, I thought they were good last week. Kemp playing very well. Weitering getting better. Cincotta needs to catch up fitness wise but he's a developing mature player. McGovern better. Would consider bringing in Marchbank.

Binns deserves a run, he's an outside player who runs to the right spots, tackles, kicks pretty well, works hard and follows through with his run. He's a need.
Motlop was good up the ground, he's got a lot of midfield traits.

I still think a third tall forward who plays high up the ground will take the pressure off McKay and Curnow. Get those two deep, use Young up at CHF and ruck.

Time for Plow to do the reverse Liam Jones and randomly become a gun mobile forward? 😁

I’m more than happy with these changes. Fish and LOB are a huge disappointment.

The problem is that Binns and Dow come in from being the top players in the reserves to not playing the role they are use to.

Dow unfortunately seems to second guess himself when in the 1’s
Dow just needs a little time- in the 2s he is the man, he sets the structure/tap, organizes & leads the troops, he comes into the 1s as 4th string & is stressing to make sure he is following instructions exactly & doesn’t want to make a mistake.
Soon as he starts a few games & feels supported/one of the team & finds his voice he will shine. It will come on quickly, he’s more of a leader than Crocker is for the 2s.
Understandably atm he’s a little gun shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back